Old 13th January 2004, 05:56   #1
dpzektor

Winamp 5.01 is good.

I read about certain people having problems with Winamp v5.01 on modern day systems. What is the deal with this? Winamp 5 runs just as fast as v2 did on my system, if not faster. Plays the music perfectly, and streams audio/video perfectly as well. Not one single crash on this end and I have been using it constantly for weeks. I would say that the folks that are having skipping problems on their 3ghz machines should really look into a format and reload as something other than Winamp is causing their problems.

On a side note, I did notice one small installation problem with v5.01. That px.dll error that people have been having in the past half way through the install. I had MS Digital Photo Studio installed and this program was causing the problem with the Winamp install. Just a heads up to someone out there that may be having the same problem.

My specs:

P3 1Ghz
320MB
Nvidia TNT2 32MB
80MB HD
ASUS CUV4X Mainboard
SB Live! Value
dpzektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2004, 07:58   #2
Voirin

I guess some people just don't know how to use a computer that well and do silly things like install their apps when other apps are open etc.

I also have a 1GHz system (Athlon tbird however) under Win2000 Server. 5.01 installed perfectly and runs great.

Voirin

asus a7v133
1ghz athlon tbird
512 mb ram
geforce mx
sblive
Voirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2004, 15:22   #3
MasterViVi

Have winamp3 running on my 500MhZ, TNT2, 128meg system running (well, now 1300MhZ, but it's virtually the same performance), it runs perfect.

Now I'm running Winamp5 on ma 2.7GhZ, 512-444meg, and it doesn"'t skip anything, even if my memory is full.
MasterViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2004, 16:28   #4
nierke

WinXP
PIII 533Mgz
256MB RAM
64MB video

WA 5.01 runs just perfect! :P

...:::nierke:::...
nierke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2004, 18:10   #5
micolithe

My computer sucks ass and I'm having no problems at all. I mean, come on, I have a freakin Voodoo 3 and an AMD Duron. You just don't get any shittier than that.
micolithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2004, 19:03   #6
blast7

thumbs up from me as well....... I've had 5.01 running continuously on two different machines for two weeks and neither has crashed once (or had any other problems)
blast7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion