Old 23rd June 2004, 21:35   #1
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
RM-X... Back from the dead!

I would just like to say that RM-X General Purpose Control has been, and still is under development. The most recent one in the plug-ins section on this web site is now 17 months old. I just didn't want anyone to think that I have abandonded development of this project. For more information on RM-X, you can check out Original thread which details the development of RM-X for Winamp3 and Wasabi.Player. RM-X is still continueing on in development for Winamp 5, and constantly being extended with new functionalities.

If you are interested in downloading RM-X, you can get it from
http://www.darkain.com/ or you can go directly to the download link

Some of the key features of the current beta release includes:
- ATI RemoteWonder support.
- Sound-Blaster Live and Audigy remote controls.
- Creative RemoteCenter support.
- Creative PC-DVD Remote
- Global keyboard shortcuts (also supports multimedia keyboards)
- Gamepads and Joysticks/Flight sticks. (up to 6-axis, 32-button, 4-pov)

If you have any suggestions for any additional features, or have any problems with the plug-in at all, please let me know, and I will try my best to get things done.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-

Last edited by Darkain; 23rd June 2004 at 21:52.
Darkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2004, 22:00   #2
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
ok, just updated the download link again. Beta X3 is now the current build. it features a new RM-X plugin titled "Tray Controller." This new plugin allows you to put icons in your system tray that have the same selectable functionality as normal devices do in RM-X. This means that each icon can be assigned to any function listed within RM-X.

I also updated the plugin descriptions in the installer, plus added "Icon Pack" to the installer. the icon pack is a set of 9 icons wich can be used with the Tray Controller plugin, as well as elsewhere. it includes 8 media icons and the main RM-X icon. the media icons are "Play" "PlayPause" "Pause" "Stop" "Prev Track" "Next Track" "Fast Forward" and "Rewind".

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 8th July 2004, 05:27   #3
Darkain
Major Dude

UPDATING!!!

i just uploaded Beta Y0. i switched from X to Y to denote its a major change, and break backwards compat. there should only be one more major backwards compat change in RM-X before final (hence the room for the leter "Z").

ok, enough babbling... time for a run-down of features!!

1) a new console window. this is to help get information about what RM-X may or may not be doing, along with all of its plugins and..

2) scripts. yup, thats right, ive been implementing that good ol scripting engine, and it works like a charm. i added a new selectable function "Script Command" wich allows you to assign a script function to an event.

when RM-X first loads, it attempts to load "RMX Scripts\main.lua".. if this file doesnt exist, then its just ignored. if the file does exist, it is compiled into byte code (if not already done so), and begins execution. so, as an example, create the file and dump in there:
code:

print("test script")

function test()
print("our test function was called")
end

when the script is first loaded, it will instantly print out "test script" into the console window.

next, lets say we go to our gaming device plugin, and assign a script function to one of the buttons. we could assign the button to script function "test()" (without the quotes), and then every time that button was pressed, the test() function would be executed, and in this example, it would print out "our test function was called" to the console.

right now, this isnt too particularly useful, but as i add more built in script functions, itll become a key tool for system automation.

oh, and if you want to seperate out your script functions into multiple files, that can be easily done by simply:
code:

include("something.lua")

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 9th July 2004, 04:56   #4
Darkain
Major Dude

cross-posted from another forum

this is cross-posted from another form all together, and i figured that users of the winamp version of RMX would like this information as well:

Quote:
Quote:
Zoominee,Jul 8 2004, 02:52 PM
the Beta Y0 version works in WindowsME without any problems! Can you please explain what to write in the script files? Thanks! Is it possible to assign any command or sequence of commands now?
[snapback]224266[/snapback]
it IS possible, but a bit complex to setup. i plan on making this process a bit simpler in the future, but for the time being, you make manually call raw RMX commands.

the first thing to note is that this HAS to be done w/ a script file, it cannot all be done just by putting the commands into the "Script Command" param.

also, i recomend having the test plugin installed, as this is probably the easiest way to test things out.

go into the RMX config screen, and go to the test plugin -> Data Types page. the first thing in this page is vSetting. hit the change button, and change it to final command you want to preform (NOT "Script Command"). click apply, and then go back to the main config window, and click on "Save Settings"

now, we go into the "<winamp>\Plugins\RMX Settings\" folder and open up "Test Plugin.xml" and search for a line that looks like this (it will be near the very end of the file):
code:
<Button Name="vSetting" Function="Ap=0;Pl=2057756604;Fu=88166014;" />

we want to copy the contents of the above function string into our script file that we will now create. so, go into your "<winamp>\Plugins\RMX Scripts\" folder and create a file named "main.lua" and inside of it, lets start out with a basic function:
code:
function test1()
end

now, we take our function string from above, and shove it into our script function as follows:
code:
function test1()
rmx("Ap=0;Pl=2057756604;Fu=88166014;")
end

you can have multiple rmx commands in a row there in any order that you want. now, we need to call this new found function. so, for this example, we are just going to use a basic gamepad. go under "Button 1" and change its setting to "Script Command" and in the text box bellow the list, type in "test1()"

now, when you press the button on your remote, it will use the script function. the scripts can be used for more then just multiple function calls, as it can also be used to output text to the console window, such as by calling:
code:
print("text for the console window to display")

if you need further help with this at all, let me know. like i said, i plan on making this process simpler in the future, in a way that wouldnt require using raw rmx function strings. also, i cant simply give out the list of IDs for all of the functions as they are generated randomly on first usage.
note: edited paths to reflect winamp.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 10th July 2004, 18:04   #5
siebe83
Forum King

just wanted to say i love the tray control!
it's much better than the default Nullsoft Tray Control plugin that I used before

i don't have any remote control devices, but i'm gonna look for one to use the other features as well

btw: would it be possible to add a feature to change the order of the tray icons?
now, if you want to change the order (or add an icon at a certain spot), you have to remove them all and add them all again...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2004, 20:39   #6
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
just wanted to say i love the tray control!
it's much better than the default Nullsoft Tray Control plugin that I used before

i don't have any remote control devices, but i'm gonna look for one to use the other features as well

btw: would it be possible to add a feature to change the order of the tray icons?
now, if you want to change the order (or add an icon at a certain spot), you have to remove them all and add them all again...
give it a couple more builds.. this is something i have to implement directly in my LIB that i use first before each of the RM-x plugins can use it, altho, once its in the lib, itll take like 2 seconds to implement in the plugin. this feature has already been requested before, and is on my dev list, and ive been working on it, it just isnt quite finished yet.

hmm... i *DO* have a 3-day weekend away from work, so i may get it done in the next couple of days.

thanx for your insight.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 11th July 2004, 04:40   #7
Darkain
Major Dude

ok, i got a new buil uploaded now, and it includes serveral bug fixes, as well as improvements to the tray icon controller.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 21st July 2004, 02:34   #8
Van Wildonher

Yep, I need help with this... I've been trying to get it to work with my RM-1000, but I'm not having any luck because I don't know how to set it up. I've been waiting for months to be able to use my remote for Winamp 5. Can you help me Mr. Creator??? Even a general direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Van Wildonher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2004, 02:40   #9
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Van Wildonher
Yep, I need help with this... I've been trying to get it to work with my RM-1000, but I'm not having any luck because I don't know how to set it up. I've been waiting for months to be able to use my remote for Winamp 5. Can you help me Mr. Creator??? Even a general direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.
when installing RM-X, make sure you also install the "RemoteCenter" add-on, and then when winamp starts, enter the RM-X configuration, and go down to RemoteCenter, and there should be sub-items you can configure for your rmeote.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 21st July 2004, 04:55   #10
ctkatz8086

i have a problem with the wa 2.x/5.x version that i never had with the wa3 version. i use a game controller to control winamp and one of the buttons is configured to disable/enable the controller and a keyboard function is configured to do the same thing. the problem is that while it works with wa3, it doesn't in wa 2.x/5.x. is this a problem on my end or the plugin?

ctkatz8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2004, 04:59   #11
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ctkatz8086
i have a problem with the wa 2.x/5.x version that i never had with the wa3 version. i use a game controller to control winamp and one of the buttons is configured to disable/enable the controller and a keyboard function is configured to do the same thing. the problem is that while it works with wa3, it doesn't in wa 2.x/5.x. is this a problem on my end or the plugin?
sounds like to me you are using old and outdated versions of RM-X. what build are you using specifically?

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 21st July 2004, 05:02   #12
ctkatz8086

dunno. i deleted it after it didn't work and didn't think too much of it not working since it was fine in wa3. newer versions of rmx don't have this problem?

ctkatz8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2004, 05:03   #13
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ctkatz8086
dunno. i deleted it after it didn't work and didn't think too much of it not working since it was fine in wa3. newer versions of rmx don't have this problem?
it sounds like the copy you are using is from the 0.8.x line... wich is now i think 19 months old.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 21st July 2004, 15:54   #14
Van Wildonher

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkain
when installing RM-X, make sure you also install the "RemoteCenter" add-on, and then when winamp starts, enter the RM-X configuration, and go down to RemoteCenter, and there should be sub-items you can configure for your rmeote.

Ok, must have missed that... but it still doesn't seem to work. I configured it, restarted Winamp, restarted Remote Center, when I press any buttons a N/A comes out in the bottom right corner of my screen.
Old 22nd July 2004, 01:40   #15
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Ok, must have missed that... but it still doesn't seem to work. I configured it, restarted Winamp, restarted Remote Center, when I press any buttons a N/A comes out in the bottom right corner of my screen.
can you send a screen cap of your configuration screen and how you have it setup?

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 22nd July 2004, 03:42   #16
Van Wildonher

Is this what you meant?
Old 22nd July 2004, 04:34   #17
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Is this what you meant?
ya, that exactly.

ok, next question... is it still RemoteCenter that your remote uses? and if so, what version of RemoteCenter? you can go and look within the RemoteCenter config INI files to see if RM-X properly registered itself with them. altho, i cant remember where those files are... its something i havnt worked on in a good year or two tho. i no longer have RemoteCenter installed, and my SB-Live Plat 5.1 just died this past weekend, so i couldnt re-install it and test it at this point in time anyways.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 22nd July 2004, 04:39   #18
Van Wildonher

Yeah it is still using RemoteCenter, it is version 1.40.26

Let me look and see if I can find anything in the INI files.
Old 24th July 2004, 17:47   #19
Dc5e

Send a message via AIM to Dc5e
hey, i love RM-X so far! it works great. Except that the Audigy remote software sucks. I looked at your website and i saw that you are developing RM-X Standalone, where can i get this and if its not included in any of the RM-X's, is it possible you could add some system functions? Meaning that we can also use our remote to control the system volume.

I really want to get rid of this audigy remote software and use a 3rd party software and it seems that the RM-X is a good option but just lacks the ability to change the system volume.

(BTW i have a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro)
Dc5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2004, 20:38   #20
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Dc5e
hey, i love RM-X so far! it works great. Except that the Audigy remote software sucks. I looked at your website and i saw that you are developing RM-X Standalone, where can i get this and if its not included in any of the RM-X's, is it possible you could add some system functions? Meaning that we can also use our remote to control the system volume.

I really want to get rid of this audigy remote software and use a 3rd party software and it seems that the RM-X is a good option but just lacks the ability to change the system volume.

(BTW i have a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro)
the whole purpose of RM-X SA is for total system control. it has an added set of APIs with its plugin system to allow for things like system volume control. SA currently is not available to the public, and wont be, until the official 1.0 build is ready. also, the SA build wont be free. because of all the extra features of the SA build, it will have a small liscencing fee of either $5 or $10 (this is still in dispute within the dev team). the reason for this, is that i mearly nead the money to cover the increasing amounts of cost for development, such as buying new hardware and software to support. also, another reason that the SA build has the added cost, is because its flexible to the point, that it isnt ment for just controlling multimedia applications, but more for commercial applications. [MORE INFO]

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 24th July 2004, 21:08   #21
Dc5e

Send a message via AIM to Dc5e
hmmm, sounds cool. Have any idea when this will be out? And what will be the policy for updates? Would people who have paid the $5 or $10 be entitled to free updates?

Also, if you could make it $5 that'd be great
Dc5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2004, 21:16   #22
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Dc5e
hmmm, sounds cool. Have any idea when this will be out? And what will be the policy for updates? Would people who have paid the $5 or $10 be entitled to free updates?

Also, if you could make it $5 that'd be great
its already been agreed that it would be a life time liscence.. this means ALL upgrades for anyone that has paid once, will be free.

but, some specific plugins will have additional costs, but these will be the more comercial oriented plugins, such as the irrigation control system that is going into development later this year. but things like windows shell integration will be included as part of the main SA bundle (such as system volume control, application/web page launching, web page browsing, and others)

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 30th July 2004, 18:52   #23
Darkain
Major Dude

ok. Darkain is back for the time being. ive had various issues with my arm, making it extremely hard to code, but, in the past day or two, ive managed to whip out a couple new features, bug fixes, and optimizations.

for now, however, there isnt going to be a new build. this is because im working on features that are either A) exclusive to the SA build, or B) dependant on the SA build.

i spent a great deal of yesterday talking with other developers and discussing implementation ideas for the feature set i wanted in Beta "Z". X, Y, and Z of course, being major feature set additions to RM-X.

here is the list of ideas i am currently working on:
* Single shot events extended out to also have variable input events and push button events
* IPC. a way for all RMX builds running on a single machine to cross-communicate and share information
* NetSlave. not too much i can say about this feature at this time, except that, its nothing like the old NetSlave from the 0.7.x and 0.8.x series of RM-X
* more GUI config types, such as up-down ints, improved file/path/url picker
* Stats. i cant elaborate too much on this one right now either.

ok, i want to get into this whole "single shot event" thing into more detail. most events, are infact, NOT single shot, altho, this is the only event system supported right now. What i mean by that is this: a button, like on a gamepad, has a single event when you press it, right? wrong! instead, it should have 3 or 4 events. pressed, repeate, depressed, and possibly "pushed." the pushed one is sort of going the extra mile in saying that if it was pressed for less amount of time than required to cause a repeate event, call the pushed event instead of the released event, to signify is was a quick push.

that is just one single extra style, however. there are several more, including the axis of a joystick, and a slider on a joystick. its been the goal of this project since the begining of it to be able to map a throttle slider control on a joystick to either the volume or balance within winamp.

the next idea, is that i wanted joystick Y axis up and down to be mapped to previous and next track, but change by an amount of the axis relative to its center. this means the more you push up the axis, the faster itll scroll thru the songs. this "relative" mode can also be used for devices such as mice axis and scroll wheels.

altho, once implemented, most of these features really wont be to redeemingly usefull to most, but this will change over time, as development of new RM-X plugins goes underway.

my current guesstamate is that i may be able to whip out a new build next week, but, im not too sure how many of these new features are gonna be available. some of them are half-working already, others just left the idea planning stage and are just now entering the programming stage.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 11th August 2004, 04:46   #24
Van Wildonher

Ok, this is what I found... doesn't make sense to me but it might to you. It's in C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\RMX Settings\Remote Center.xml

Last edited by Van Wildonher; 11th August 2004 at 05:21.
Old 11th August 2004, 04:49   #25
Van Wildonher

Then there is this... It's under C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\KeyMap

Last edited by Van Wildonher; 11th August 2004 at 05:21.
Old 11th August 2004, 04:51   #26
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Ok, this is what I found... doesn't make sense to me but it might to you. It's in C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\RMX Settings\Remote Center.xml

nooo... that is the RMX configuration file, not the remote center configuration file. this file is just used for mapping commands once they are recived.

the file will be in something like
c:\documents and settings\user name\local settings\some file.ini

i dont remember the filename off hand. i cant install and test either, since i dont have a live anymore in my machine since the live card died.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 11th August 2004, 04:52   #27
Van Wildonher

I'm gonna find this, I don't care if it kills me.
Old 11th August 2004, 04:53   #28
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Then there is this... It's under C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\KeyMap
those are key definition files, not the actual configuration file itself.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 11th August 2004, 05:35   #29
Van Wildonher

It is so not there. Could it be in the temp files?
Old 11th August 2004, 06:05   #30
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
It is so not there. Could it be in the temp files?
nopers. its either in the remote center folder itself, or in the personal data folder.

the filename is RCMan.CFG

if ya know anything about coding, maybe this will help (note, its like 3 year old code):
code:

bool vRemoteCenter::GetPath(char *Path) {
const char RCRegString[] = "Software\\Creative Tech\\Creative RemoteCenter\\RcMan";
char Str[256];
if (regKeyString(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, RCRegString, "Version", Str))
sscanf(Str, "%d.%d.%d", &rcMajor, &rcMinor, &rcRevision);
return regKeyString(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, RCRegString, "Path", Path);
}

void vRemoteCenter::BuildConfig() {
char path[MAX_PATH] = "";

rcFound = GetPath(path);
if (rcFound) {
if (*path) {
lstrcat(path, "\\RCMan.CFG");
EditConfig(path);
}

long nPathID;
ITEMIDLIST* idList;
nPathID = SHGetSpecialFolderLocation(0, CSIDL_PERSONAL, &idList);

if (SHGetPathFromIDList(idList, path) == TRUE) {
lstrcat(path, "\\RCMan.CFG");
if (FileExists(path)) EditConfig(path);
}

MakeKeyFile();
}
}

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 11th August 2004, 15:00   #31
Van Wildonher

Ok, is it this then? It's the RCMan.CFG file.

[General]
EnableLiveStyle=1
ReceiverType=rcks1k.dll
PortNo=0
ShowSysTray=1
ShowSplash=0
RemoteType=1
RepeatDelay=300
FunctionDelay=2000
OriginalTrayIco=0
SplashParam=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Creative Tech\Creative RemoteCenter\RcMan\Path\Intro.JPG
SplashExtraParam=/BMPTimer=3000
RCIFileName=rm-1000.RCI
TrackVol=1
RunOnStart=1
Language=English

[RCLDM.DLL]
DefaultSensitivity=600

[RCIDM.DLL]
DefaultSensitivity=600

[RCSCM.DLL]
DefaultSensitivity=600

[OSD]
ColourScheme=0
FontSize=0
Transparent=0
Duration=8000
NoOfItemsPerPage=10
FontName=Arial
Highlight=16431998
Background=16431998
TitleBkg=9408399
TitleFrg=5905159
ItemBkg=16431998
ItemFrg=0
BarBkg=16497791
BarFrg=7336684
StatusBkg=8816262
StatusFrg=0
FocusBkg=65535
FocusFrg=15739151
Translucent=0

[Rei]
Colour0=16497791
Colour1=
Colour2=
Colour3=
BkgColour=5905159
DisabledColour=
PaintBkg=
Font=Arial
FontYAdjust=
Translucent=0
DefaultMarginY=72
DefaultMarginX=

[PriorityWndClass]
Priority1=CRemoteCenter
Priority2=CRemoteCenter
Window1=RMX_RemoteCenter
Window2=RemoteCenter
Priority3=CRemoteCenter
Window3=Creative PlayCenter
Priority4=PlayCenter2Class

[Schemes]
Scheme0=2844656661756C74290000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000D8D32A019E0700004CED6F010A2E495F807C9412AF17408502009912C87C28007EBBFA007EBBFA00071B5A008F8F8F00000000007EBBFA00ECF26F007FBCFB0000000000868686000F29F000FFFF00007FBCFB00071B5A00E1
Scheme1=41717561205A6F6E650000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000020F06F010A2E495F547F94129F1724DC020099129C7F2800404080004040800016162C008080FF00BFE1FF000000000076A7E90040408000000000008080FF0016162C00C1C1FF008080FF0000000000C3
Scheme2=4C656D6F6E206C696D6500000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000020F06F010A2E495F547F94129F1724DC020099129C7F2800FFFF8000FFFF8000FFFFFF0011AE0D00000000000000000000000000FFFF8000FFFFFF0011AE0D000000000057F253009EF9060000000000B3
Scheme3=526F736500000000000000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000020F06F010A2E495F547F94129F1724DC020099129C7F2800000000000000000000000000DD006F00FF80C00000000000FF80FF000000000000000000DD006F0000000000FF80FF00FF0040000000000057
Scheme4=50696E6B79000000000000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000020F06F010A2E495F547F94129F1724DC020099129C7F2800FFEAFF00FFFFFF0000000000EB52C000EB52C00000000000EFA9C7000000000000000000EB52C00000000000F39EDC00FF80FF0000000000DD
Scheme5=59656C6C6F770000000000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000020F06F010A2E495F547F94129F1724DC020099129C7F28000000000000000000000000009E930100FFFF800000000000FFFF80000000000000000000B6A8010000000000FFFF8000FFFF00000000000031
Scheme6=507572706C650000000000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000020F06F010A2E495F547F94129F1724DC020099129C7F28000000000000000000FFD5FF00930093009E04FB0000000000FF00FF0000000000FFD5FF00B700B70000000000FF00FF009E04FB000000000094
Scheme7=477265656E000000000000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000020F06F010A2E495F547F94129F17C8D4020099129C7F280000282800002B0000F2FFF200009B00008DED83000000000000FF000000400000F2FFF20000BF0000000000001CFF1C0034DE2100000000007A
Scheme8=426C756500000000000000000000000070BA495F000000000000000000000000C8C32A019E07000058EF67010A2E495F8C7E9412C717708E02009912D47E28007EBBFA007EBBFA00E6E6E6003640B9000000000000000000ECF26F007FBCFB00E6E6E6003640B9000F29F000FFFF00007FBCFB00071B5A007A

[RunReg]
App1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Creative Tech\Creative RemoteCenter\RCMan\Path\EAX.exe
App2=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Creative Tech\Creative RemoteCenter\RCMan\Path\VRC.exe
App3=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Creative Tech\Creative RemoteCenter\Center\Path\RCenter.exe

[CloseWnd]
Wnd1=EAX_EFX,EAX
Wnd2=DesktopRCClass
Wnd3=CRemoteCenter,RemoteCenter

[ExecProg]
Exclude0=EAX_EFX
Exclude1=NewsUpdClass
Exclude2=CreativeLauncherClass
Exclude3=DesktopRCClass
Exclude4=ACCLS_TASKBAR
Exclude5=PlayCenter2Class

[WinApp]
TotalApps=1
EnableAppControl=1
HideRect=0
App0=RMX_RemoteCenter
StartIn0=
Exe0=C:\Program Files\RM-X Stand-Alone\RMX SA.exe
Param0=
App1=Internet Explorer
StartIn1=
Exe1=C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Param1=
RunDefPlayer=1
CurrentDef=0
App2=Internet Explorer
Exe2=C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe
Param2=
StartIn2=

[DesktopRC]
Disable=0
RCLocation=1

[DefApp]
TotalApps=1
RunDefPlayer=1
EnableVRC=1
AutoHideVRC=1
Exe0=C:\Program Files\RM-X Stand-Alone\RMX SA.exe
App0=RMX_RemoteCenter
Param0=
StartIn0=
CurrentDef=0
Exe1=
App1=
Param1=
StartIn1=

[USB]
Tries=3
InitMixer=6000

[EAPresets]
Count=5
Preset00=(No Effects)
Preset01=Auditorium
Preset02=Carpeted Hallway
Preset03=City
Preset04=Concert Hall
Old 11th August 2004, 15:05   #32
Darkain
Major Dude

try changing
code:

[PriorityWndClass]
Priority1=CRemoteCenter
Priority2=CRemoteCenter
Window1=RMX_RemoteCenter
Window2=RemoteCenter
Priority3=CRemoteCenter

to
code:

[PriorityWndClass]
Priority1=RMX_RemoteCenter
Priority2=CRemoteCenter
Window1=RMX_RemoteCenter
Window2=RemoteCenter
Priority3=CRemoteCenter

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 11th August 2004, 15:54   #33
Van Wildonher

Great, it works!!!! Thanks a ton man.
Old 11th August 2004, 16:01   #34
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Great, it works!!!! Thanks a ton man.
heh... ya... not sure why that didnt happen automatically.

ill look over it later tho. i got other things to handle at the moment.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 20th August 2004, 18:18   #35
Darkain
Major Dude

same download link as always. i just uploaded a new beta release. bug fixes, code changes all over. mem leaks fixed. load time and run time speed optimizations as well as memory optimizations.

its just all-over more goodness.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 24th August 2004, 07:54   #36
Darkain
Major Dude

i just threw a bunch more speed optimizations and bug fixes, as well as better OS compatability, and uploaded a new build. should be much *much* more stable now.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 25th August 2004, 00:27   #37
mark
Forum King

oooh, i remember this from winamp3 and i just got a usb ps2 pad adaptor today too.

/me tries
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2004, 00:38   #38
mark
Forum King

found a bug, its incorrectly identifying horzontal movement on the left analoge stick as being x-axis and i-axis (should be x only) and not detecting vertical movement on the right stick.

windows works correctly.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2004, 01:43   #39
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobby Nobbs
found a bug, its incorrectly identifying horzontal movement on the left analoge stick as being x-axis and i-axis (should be x only) and not detecting vertical movement on the right stick.

windows works correctly.
ok, give me the exact names that windows says each axis is, and the names RMX is reporting them as. i only have 2 gaming devices personally right now, both of wich have proper detection. (2-axis gamepad, and 3-axis flight stick)

ill ask my friend that has my xbox controller modded for PC what happens for him as well.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 25th August 2004, 10:32   #40
quilty

Send a message via ICQ to quilty
maybe this is offtopic, but is there any chance for Windows Media Player Rm-x plugin?
quilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development