Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 4th February 2005, 00:39   #1
BobbyB500

Streaming media just stops in the middle of the song

At first it just happened once in a while, but now its gotten to a point that whenever I play anything from Winamp.com Music or Video, it will play half, maybe two-thirds of the song, music video, whatever, but then it will just stop and go to the next thing on my playlist. It will only do this for NSVs or NSAs, not MP3s or anything else. I've tried tweaking with all kinds of buffer settings, but it doesn't help.

(I think I'm in the right forum, but sorry if this goes somewhere else, or if this problem is discussed somewhere)
BobbyB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2005, 09:35   #2
siebe83
Forum King

Are you using the latest version of Winamp? (i.e. 5.08d)

Other than that, I don't have an idea really. Do you have a firewall? What's your connection speed and at which bitrate are you trying to stream?
Be sure the options under Prefs > General Preferences reflect your internet connection.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2005, 03:37   #3
BobbyB500

yep, got the latest version. Using DSL over a LAN, no firewall, I don't know the bitrate or where to edit that setting. I'd try to set up port forwarding on my router, but I've got no idea of the port, so I can't, but I don't think thats it anyway. It hasn't always done this, nor did it start right after an upgrade. It just happened at some random point in time last week.
Old 6th February 2005, 10:12   #4
siebe83
Forum King

If you try to stream at a bitrate of 64kbps with a 56k6 modem, you'll get buffer underruns. On Winamp.com the bitrate is indicated by the Low and High buttons; in the Media Library you can see the bitrate in the Bitrate column. You can choose between 16 and 64 kbps. But since you're on DSL, that's not relevant in this case.

Do you get buffer underruns? Just before it's stops playing, do you see it tries to buffer but fails?
What are your buffer settings?
(Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Input > double-click Nullsoft NSV Decoder)

Anyone else ideas?

Old 6th February 2005, 21:36   #5
BobbyB500

nah, no buffer underruns

in the order they go down:
Stream: 10000, 2000, 3000
Local File: 1000, 1000, 1000

Precise Seeking enabled on both
Offset video from audio by 0 ms
Pad NSV tags with 1024 bytes

Im actually kinda glad that its not just me who can't figure this out...makes me feel like I'm not stupid
Old 7th February 2005, 19:17   #6
BobbyB500

To clarify, when the song stops, winamp just acts like the song is over. No attempt to rebuffer or anything of the sort.

I was looking in the DirectSound Output config, Status window, and where it says "Time Written", it at first is constantly going up, but eventually it will just stop, however many seconds early, and when "Time Played" catches up to the frozen number, the song ends.

If it helps.
Old 7th February 2005, 20:55   #7
siebe83
Forum King

Odd...

Please provide system specs. Also include a HijackThis log in your reply.
I'm not very familiar with HijackThis logs myself, hopefully someone else here on the forums will have time to look at it.

If anyone else has other ideas, feel free to tune in...

Old 7th February 2005, 21:42   #8
BobbyB500

System Specs:

Windows XP Professional SP2
Intel Pentium 4 3066 MHz
768MB PC2700 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 Video Card
Emu 10Kx Audio (??) AND Modem #0 Playback (emulated) AND SoundMAX Digital Audio
DirectX 9.0c

attached HijackThis log
Attached Files
File Type: txt hijackthis.txt (8.7 KB, 1519 views)
Old 8th February 2005, 00:27   #9
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Ok, there's a few discrepancies there...

Let's deal with the malware first

O2 - BHO: Local Spool Net support DLL - {327C2850-C90E-4D37-AA9E-10AD9BACA46C} - c:\winnt\system32\localsplnet.dll

localsplnet is apparently a CoolWebSearch hikacker variant
http://castlecops.com/clsid-1637.html

O23 - Service: distributed.net client - Unknown - C:\WINNT\System32\iosdt\iosdt.exe (file missing)

Although it says "file missing" this is evidence that the bogus distributed.net trojan has been present.
distributed.net Client isn't malware, but this bogus version is.
http://distributed.net/trojans.php (Known variants #3)
http://alienhosts.com/creeps/iosdt.html

Move HijackThis.exe into its own folder, eg.
....\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

Important: Close all browser/email/explorer windows

Run the Scan again
Place a checkmark next to the following entries ONLY
and click "Fix checked":

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O2 - BHO: Local Spool Net support DLL - {327C2850-C90E-4D37-AA9E-10AD9BACA46C} - c:\winnt\system32\localsplnet.dll

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
[* see note below]

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {65E7DB1D-0101-4100-BD66-C5C78C917F93} - http://install.wildtangent.com/bgn/partners/aolim/install.cab

O16 - DPF: {AB29A544-D6B4-4E36-A1F8-D3E34FC7B00A} - http://install.wildtangent.com/bgn/partners/aolim/install.cab

O23 - Service: distributed.net client - Unknown - C:\WINNT\System32\iosdt\iosdt.exe (file missing)

*Re:

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

http://castlecops.com/clsid-895.html
This is meant to be part of McAfee Virus Scan.
Did you ever have McAfee installed and maybe uninstalled it?
If so, then this registry entry wasn't removed.
Hmm, just seen that you've also run Mcafee free online scan (016 - DPF: McFreeScan Class), so maybe this is the connection...?

O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

Those two entries are possibly legit, eg. if you used a program to lock your home page from any changes, or if you've manually created those registry entries yourself. Otherwise, you should also use HJT to fix those two entries as well.

Empty the internet cache
Control Panel > Internet Options > Temp Internet Files > Delete

Empty the Temp folder
start > run
type in: %temp%
Select all > Delete
(note: windows won't let you delete any files if they are in use, so ignore those, and delete all others)

Go to: "C:\Windows\Temp"
Delete all contents except for the Cookies, Temp Internet Files and History subfolders (if present).

Delete: c:\winnt\system32\localsplnet.dll

Empty the Recycle Bin

Download and run CWShredder (free standalone version)

Again, close all browser/email/explorer/notepad/office windows first.

Click the "Fix" button.

Download, install and run Spybot Search & Destroy
Follow the installation instructions
(install detection updates, immunize system)
then run the scan.
Checkmark all entries in the results
and click "Fix selected"

Apart from that, the only other issue I see with your log is that there's lots of known useless non-essential resource hogs loading at startup, eg.
GWMDMMSG.exe, SunJavaUpdateSched, RealPlayer realsched.exe, OSA.EXE, etc.

I see you've also got K-Lite running.
It's possible that you just don't have enough available bandwidth to be uploading/downloading with k-lite and viewing an nsv stream simultaneously (not to mention any other network/internet activity, eg. gaim, liveupdate, etc).

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nullsoft\ActiveX\2.0\AOLMed~1.exe

Research tells me that this is AOLMediaPlaybackControl.exe
However, I've no idea 1) why it's running, apart from it being installed by the AOL browser software, or 2) whether it's conflicting in some way with Winamp...

Is AOL your isp, or bellsouth?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2005, 03:33   #10
BobbyB500

I did in fact have McAfee installed at one time

when you said to remove "localsplnet.dll", the closest thing to it I could find was "localspl.dll". Should I remove that?

K-Lite is barely ever running at all, and if it is, its usually because I forgot about it running(I'm a little bit or a leecher, so sue me), so I doubt it takes up bandwidth.

bellsouth is my ISP, but I use AOL for AOL Radio (hence the AOLMediaPlaybackControl.exe). Speaking of, I've got fastaccess dsl xtreme, so I think my bandwidth is fairly high.

Did the log say that liveupdate was running? because I don't have any programs installed that would use liveupdate.

I typed all this before I even tried playing songs, which I now know still don't work. They still cut off every other time (which is better than EVERY time, which they did before this procedure, so thanx i guess)

Forgive the eratic-ness of this post
Old 8th February 2005, 04:17   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Did you do as I said and fix those entries with HijackThis?
(as well as doing everything else in my instructions?)

Did CWShredder or SpybotSD find anything?

localspl.dll is legit, leave it alone.
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...rary/localspl/

It's probable that HJT has already deleted localsplnet.dll for you.
(the reason I told you to move HijackThis.exe into its own folder is because it creates backups of anything you fix with it)

Re: liveupdate

This entry is in your startups:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Openwares LiveUpdate] "C:\Program Files\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe"

The only other things I can suggest are:
1. a clean install of winamp 5.08d full
2. Apply these DirectSound Output tweaks
3. Increase prebuffer and underrun rebuffer sizes in NSV Decoder config
4. Check hardware manufacturers' sites for updated drivers
Old 9th February 2005, 17:40   #12
taloniusrs

Same problem here

Hey, just thought I'd mention that I'm having the same problems with my "Winamp.com Music" from the Media Library. I posted a thread about it a month or two back but can't remember where it was--it ended unresolved.

I've been poking around and noticed that sometimes when playing the 16bit songs instead of the 64kbit songs, I can get them to last a lot longer than normal. This initially led me to believe that it has something to do with the data stream being cut-off at X bytes. This was quickly foiled after I played Patriotic Country (a full CD on winamp.com music) and managed to get through 10 minutes of music at 64kbits without it cutting off. Baffled, I then went to my original test song at 64kbps (the one that cuts off EVERY time) by the name of "Alpha Beta Gaga" and just like always, it cuts off at about 3:45 into the 4:43 song.

I'd never thought to watch the buffer to see if that was the problem so I checked that out and sure enough, it was running a 2 second buffer and then suddenly it just stopped buffering, 2 seconds later it stopped playing and moved right along to the next song.

I'm SO glad to know that I'm not alone in having this problem. Winamp.com Music used to work perfectly fine for me up until around November '04 and it's been doing this ever since.

When streaming music videos, it works fine. When streaming radio it works fine. When streaming internet tv it works fine. Just these darn Winamp.com Music files seem to mess up.

My sister's computer (which is on the same shared network in our apt) does the same thing that mine does.

My setup?
AMD Athlon 1.4GHz
512 MB RAM
40GB HD
4mbps cable internet connection
DLink DI-624 Router
Windows XP SP2

I've run the hijackthis tests and everything when we tried to troubleshoot this earlier and nothing worked. (I believe DJ Egg said something like, "I admit defeat." after we tried everything)

I'm going to mess around with the buffer settings and see if I can't get something to change with these.

Right now the NSV Decoder screen looks like:
10000 1000
2000 1000
3000 1000
X X

Last edited by taloniusrs; 9th February 2005 at 17:59.
taloniusrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2005, 19:29   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

FYI, your thread was here
Old 9th February 2005, 20:09   #14
BobbyB500

hey taloniusrs, how long before this started happening to you did you upgrade to SP2? I just have such a loathing for how little it actually did, and how many more problems it caused than solved, i had to ask.
Old 9th February 2005, 23:10   #15
taloniusrs

It was maybe a month or so after SP2... I'm not sure. I just remember that I didn't think SP2 was the culprit. The main even that I remember this circling around was that I tried to create a streaming radio station from my own computer so that my friends could hear what I was listening to (using the www.shoutcast.com software) and then I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. It was after that point that my winamp.com music stopped working properly.
Old 9th February 2005, 23:28   #16
BobbyB500

damn...I just feel like that's the only common thing i've seen...never had shoutcast installed so its not that...damn this is annoying
Old 9th February 2005, 23:59   #17
taloniusrs

I wonder if there's a way to see if it's stopping after a certain amount of data? Like 3MB or something. It just seems so random anymore. Back when I first made the post it would stop after 4 minutes +/- 30 seconds with no exception. That Patriotic Country song just blew that theory out of the water. I'm going to try playing it again and see if I can get it to play forever again. Can you play that song with no problems? And when does it cut-off for the music videos? Do you have problems with the winamp radio and television stations?

And a second thought, is there another place other than Winamp.com Music that has those on-demand songs? It'd be nice to be able to check another server to make sure that it's not some sort of weird interface problem between our computers and winamp.com.
Old 12th February 2005, 01:12   #18
BobbyB500

Ok I definately think it has something to do with SP2, because I uninstalled the useless piece of crap and freed up 2 and a half gigs of my hard drive, and now my songs play! At least none of them have cut off since I did it an hour ago.
Old 12th February 2005, 18:40   #19
taloniusrs

SP2 hm? Are they still playing all the way through? If this is the case then we might have something to report to Microsoft.
Old 12th February 2005, 20:28   #20
BobbyB500

ya, there still playing. it must have been something with sp2.
Old 12th February 2005, 22:10   #21
Designer_12

Hey Guys,

I have been reading through this thread and I am having the same problem you guys are having: "Winamp.com Music" (streaming) stops part way through the song. For example: U2 - Vertigo (remix). The Song is 5m 37s long, but only plays 5m 04s and then stops (every time). No buffer underrun, nothing. The only difference I seem to have with what you guys have been saying is, I don't have SP2. I just did a fresh install of Windows (with SP1) two days ago, installed Winamp 5.08d, and tried with no luck.

I also did all the things so far suggested in this thread (tweaking the DSound plugin, increasing buffer size, etc.) but haven't had any luck. I haven't added any extra plugins, and this has been going on for a while. Any suggestions would be helpful.

My Computer:
2.4GHz - Pentium 4
DFI PS83-BL MotherBoard
SB Live! +MP3 Sound Card
Windows XP - SP1 (fresh install)
LAN Setup - LinkSYS Router (BEFSR41)
Designer_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 03:44   #22
taloniusrs

Has Winamp.com Music ever worked for you? Can you recall anything that happened shortly before/after it stopped working? I now remember that I was messing around with my router when it started goofing up. Win XP SP2 has some sort of firewall thing pre-installed in it and I believe that may be conflicting with the firewalls in the router or SOMETHING like that. It's the one thing that all three of us have in common. We're accessing the internet via a router. I'm going to uninstall SP2 shortly to see if it works and I'll check back to let you all know. In the meantime, see if you can't plug your computer directly into your cable modem/dsl modem and see if it works that way or not. (I'd recommend having some sort of software firewall running when you do that...) and let us know if it's still messing up. Just trying to think of what could possibly cause it.
Old 13th February 2005, 05:30   #23
Designer_12

Last year, when I started using Winamp big time, it worked at first. I think you said that yours cut out somewhere in November... I think mine went out somewhere around that time as well. Before that though, it used to work. I don't remember changing anything major.

Anyway, I plugged my computer directly into the internet. No firewall or nothing (risky, I know). Anyway, it was still cutting out on Me. I ran four tests:

(1) Vertigo Remix by U2 (64 bit) - Total Time: 5:37; Cut out 33 Seconds Early
(2) Baby Please Dont Go by Aerosmith (64 bit) - Total Time: 3:34; Cut out 6 Seconds Early
(3) The Radio Saved My Life Tonight by Bon Jovi (64 bit) - Total Time: 4:56; Cut out 16 Seconds Early
(4) The Radio Saved My Life Tonight by Bon Jovi (16 bit) - Total Time: 4:56; Cut out 20 Seconds Early

So... it didn't work. Back to square one.
Old 13th February 2005, 07:32   #24
taloniusrs

Maybe there's something in a Windows patch that isn't quite compatible with Winamp. I wonder if there's any other program that can stream those .NSA files. It would help us to isolate whether it's something wrong with Winamp or not. The other possibilities are that there's something wrong with the server, or with our own computers--although a clean install should play it just fine so I'm thinking that it's something weird with the windows-winamp-server interfacing.

I looked around for just a little bit and could find nothing that would play .NSA files. If you have any luck then let us know what you discover.
Old 13th February 2005, 13:05   #25
siebe83
Forum King

Do you get the same behaviour when you switch output to waveOut? (Prefs > Plug-ins > Output)

I'm using SP2 as well and it works just fine here.
Maybe it's an idea to post a (new) HijackThis log to see if you have other things in common.

Do the songs cut out at the exact same time for all of you? (see Designer_12's post)

Not sure about other software playing NSA streams... I did search a bit but it only came up with players for Linux and Xbox (!).
As for other servers offering NSA streams, there's AOL Music. But that site works with some embedded player, and I don't seem to be able to pull out the stream url to play it in Winamp...

Old 16th February 2005, 19:30   #26
taloniusrs

Changing the output from Direct to Waveout creates the same problem. So that's not the problem either.

I recently uninstalled SP2, and that didn't fix anything.
So I tried "svc.exe /scannow" and that didn't fix anything either.
Next I tried using the Update/Repair option via my WinXP CD and STILL Winamp messes up.

I'm at my limits here... thinking about switching to Linux or something (mostly because when I told WinXP to "Repair" my system, it ended up breaking it with some sort of GetIUMS error... ugh) but I don't recall if Winamp is fully supported under Linux. What a mess. I wish software designers would just make their programs work the way they're supposed to.

*edit* And my songs don't cut out at the exact same time each time I play them. It sometimes varies very wildly. I've seen it stop at the same time, I've seen it play all the way through. More often than not, it stops at about +/- 10 seconds from the previous time.
Old 16th February 2005, 20:28   #27
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

"I wish software designers would just make their programs work the way they're supposed to"

You seem to be implying here that Winamp is at fault, when it clearly isn't!
If it was, then there'd be more than just 2 users out of millions reporting this issue :/

The only thing I see that you've both got in common is that you've both recently had your system's hijacked by malware/spyware and neither of you have posted fresh HJT logs to convince me that your systems are now clean.

It seems to me like some kind of network/connection related problem.

Note, HJT v1.99.1 has just been released
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=207962
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HijackThis.exe

Do everything suggested here first:
http://www.help2go.com/article217.html
Old 17th February 2005, 04:08   #28
Designer_12

@DJ Egg: I haven't had any type of SpyWare or MalWare problems, and I have been having this problem for some time now. Maybe the reason a lot of people don't come forward with this is because they think it is a problem with their system, not WinAmp. I know when I first had this problem, I thought it was something I did or changed. Then, when I started searching on the internet/forums for information, I didn't come up with anything. Eventually I found this thread

@taloniusrs: Yeah, mine doesn't always stop at the *exact* same time. Depending on how I have the buffer set, and the settings set, it might be about +/- 10 sec or so (like you said). But when I don't mess with the stuff it seems to be within +/- 2 seconds each time. And, each song stops at a different time. Maybe its relative to the song length?
Old 17th February 2005, 04:20   #29
Designer_12

BTW, here is my hijackthis log (version 1.99.1). Let me know if you notice any 'discrepancies'.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hijackthis.txt (3.2 KB, 805 views)
Old 17th February 2005, 05:16   #30
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Heh. Your log looks pretty clean to me.
So much for that theory then.
Again, I'm at a loss here. Sorry.

Like I said, I don't think it's winamp to blame.
But it could be an aol serverside or isp related issue. Not sure :/
All I know is that none of the devs, beta testers or regulars here can reproduce the problem
Old 17th February 2005, 18:25   #31
ujay
Forum King

Intrigued by the length of the thread so I installed .nsa support earlier and took a look.

I've only found one stream with problems so far(.pls attatched, rename .txt => .pls). This consistently breaks up at the same time into the stream, and shows an identical pattern of drop outs each time.

This would seem to point to either an encoding error at AOL's end or a decoding error at Winamp's end. It looks unlikely to be a connection problem.

A bit vague I'm afraid with only one stream to go on, I'll look for other bad streams when I get the time. If others in the thread would like to attatch the .pls files of streams that give problems I'll take a look at them.

The only other problem I've found so far is with title disply, again, this could be AOL not encoding correctly or it could be Winamp's title parser, which is known to be buggy.

UJ
Attached Files
File Type: txt broken stream.txt (218 Bytes, 851 views)
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2005, 18:44   #32
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

That would appear to be an encoding error. It keeps breaking up a bit around the 1 to 3 minute mark. But the stream does play constantly throughout the whole 56:36 (for me) without disconnecting.

Re: title display
afaik, just bad tagging :/
Old 17th February 2005, 18:54   #33
ujay
Forum King

Yeah, I didn't loose the stream at all. I was thinking there may be others that generate a false EOF or something.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2005, 16:33   #34
taloniusrs

Nah, I wasn't necessarily saying that it's Winamp's fault. More of an irritation at the members of the Windows programming community that can't make their programs follow a universal standard that won't botch up other programs.

Anyway... so after doing the Repair thing and then repairing the WinXP "Repair" mess, I found that Repair had in fact severely crippled my system so I did what any seasoned MS Windows user has done many many times... I had to backup my data and completely reformat. So now here I am, installed a whole bunch of stuff, and I've been testing Winamp.com Music inbetween every install and after each test it's played just fine. I had a few ideas after finding that it didn't conflict with any of my regular programs... I had my system tweaked to close programs immediately when I told my computer to Shut Down so if they didn't comply right away, windows would just End Process on them. So there's that. I also remember tweaking some of my TCP/IP settings using one of those optimizers. I think that there may have been one other system-tweaking thing that I did but I can't remember it at the moment.

So to those of you others that are having problems, do you recall having done any tweak type things to your system? Anything even remotely out of the norm?

I also have a slight suspicion that the new MS Media Player may have something to do with it. I determined that's what initially gave me the problems with trying to "Repair" windows and ended up killing the thing (I'm not installing that new MS Media again)

So I'll continue getting my system back to its former self with all of my software and after each install I'll test Winamp.com Music--will let you all know if I find anything.

So far, none of these cause problems:
MS Windows XP
any of the Windows Updates (including SP2, excluding MSMediaPlayer[the new one])
avast antivirus
Sygate Personal
Creative Labs Drivers
Old 18th February 2005, 22:42   #35
Designer_12

Dude... you are a FLIPPIN' GENIUS! Usually when I install Windows, I run the TCP/IP Optimizer from SpeedGuide.net. After reading your last post, I thought about what you wrote, and decided maybe that was causing the problem. SO, I reset the TCP/IP stack (netsh int ip reset c:\tcpipreset.txt), and resetart the computer. After Windows loaded, I tried two songs and they ran all the way through! No problem! I am going to test a few more songs, but I think you found the problem.

Good work taloniusrs.

The only problem is now, my MTU Window and TCP/IP settings are not fully optimized for my connection. But, I don't care, I'm happy
Old 18th February 2005, 23:31   #36
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Thanks for the info.
I'll bookmark this thread for future reference.

Personally, I've never trusted any of those TCP/IP/Internet Optimizer type apps, heh :/
Old 19th February 2005, 17:17   #37
taloniusrs

Reset TCP/IP Optimizations

That's the exact same optimizer that I usually use as well I can't believe that we found the reason to this madness! I just reset the MAX MTU and all that fun TCP/IP stuff on my sister's computer using that same "netsh int ip reset c:\tcpipreset.txt" command and it worked like a charm. I ran two songs including that Alpha Beta Gaga song that would always mess up and they played straight through.

Mystery Solved

Last edited by taloniusrs; 19th February 2005 at 17:41.
Old 26th March 2005, 03:41   #38
cerius

ROFL. i used speedguide also and have the same problems with winamp.com music. glad i found this thread.
cerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 21:42   #39
cheukyeen

Still Not Working

Hi,

I went through the thread, and I did everything short of formatting/reinstalling. I'm loathe to do it unless it's absolutely neccessary. I also did the netsh reset that was mentioned there. The result was still the same and I've never downloaded or used an optimizer.

I attached my HJT log in case there was something there that could possibly be messing it up.

Please help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hijackthis.txt (9.7 KB, 559 views)
cheukyeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 08:47   #40
bimmerz_vn

If you try to stream at a bitrate of 64kbps with a 56k6 modem, you'll get buffer underruns. On Winamp.com the bitrate is indicated by the Low and High buttons; in the Media Library you can see the bitrate in the Bitrate column. You can choose between 16 and 64 kbps. But since you're on DSL, that's not relevant in this case.
bimmerz_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support