Old 7th May 2005, 08:11   #1
jboze3131

full screen wont stay full screen

i searched the forums here, but i couldnt find this problem listed...

anyhow...so i was using an older version of winamp. not sure which version, but it had to have been 5 something. now i upgrade to 5.09 and i notice that when you watch a clip and go to full screen, when it ends playback, it goes straight back to regular size. if you stretch the screen, itll go back to regular original size...it used to always stay how you made it. if you put it in full screen before, itd always stay in that fullscreen mode until you dbl clicked or right clicked and took it out of full screen mode yourself.

also, i notice that the title bar (in black bar with white letters) often times shows up in the video screen itself, which is very annoying. not sure if the fullscreen going back to regular size is intentional or a bug or what...as for the title always showing in the screen when you change the video screen size by dragging the window to your own desired size HAS to be a bug or something.

i was disappointed to see they dont have the older versions for download (at least i couldnt find it)...i was going to revert back for now with all the video size problems. i tried in XP to restore to a few days ago when i had the old version but it just went back to the old version but kept the classic layout and wouldnt change to the new layout (with play, file, options, etc at the top) no matter what i did.

any info. on this would be greatly appreciated.
jboze3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2005, 21:11   #2
siebe83
Forum King

As for your first issue, maybe this:
Prefs > Video > uncheck 'Remove fullscreen on stop'

I cannot reproduce your second issue, sorry...
Is that happening with all video files? Or for files in a specific format?
What does it say in the title bar? Does it start with DShow or with NSV?

As for old Winamp versions...
Winamp 5.08d
Winamp 5.08e (if you have DRM-protected WMA files)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2005, 21:32   #3
jboze3131

ahhh. thanks for the tip on the preferences. never saw that.

as for the 2nd problem, i tried out a WMV file and a video in xvid format, and noticed it on both of those. it didnt happen EVERYTIME...but almost everytime when i would change the screen size or go to full screen and back. then, sometimes it would go away when i dbl clicked back to regular/original size.

will try to change the full screen prefs when i get home and see if the title bar problem still occurs after the change.

thanks again.
Old 8th May 2005, 09:57   #4
bemymonkey

I've been having that problem too. "Remove fullscreen on stop" is already unchecked... This started with 5.09.

Every time a video ends and it goes to the next one, the video window goes back to windowed mode. Not only that, but the video doesn't get resized back to the normal size - it keeps playing full-screen, but you only see what's in the window.

this is really pissing me off... I think I'll revert to 5.08 until this is fixed...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2005, 10:21   #5
jboze3131

yeah, i checked and it was unchecked already on mine too. i switched the settings back and forth in the video pref section to see if i could fix it, but it kept staying all big, then on some videos it would get so big, i couldnt reach the bottom of the video window to make it smaller...if i clicked the button to close the video window and reopen it a few times, THAT got it back to regular size, but i also noticed the video was full screen in the small window (checked to see if the box was checked to force it to stay at a certain ratio and screensize and it wasnt)...so for now i just reverted back to 5.08 and its all fine.
Old 8th May 2005, 11:26   #6
siebe83
Forum King

Could you both provide system specs? (including a HijackThis log)
That way we could find something that you have in common which could 'cause' this issue (or influence it...).

Old 8th May 2005, 11:34   #7
bemymonkey

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:35:07 PM, on 5/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\LckFldService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\BIPAC-7000 ADSL USB Modem\CnxDslTb.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMonTaskbar.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\THUNDE~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\FlashGet\flashget.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
D:\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://google.icq.com/search/search_frame.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://google.icq.com
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Proxy Connection support DLL - {1DC9D850-044D-11E1-B3C9-00805E499D93} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\proxyspd.dll
O2 - BHO: IeCatch2 Class - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: TGTSoft Explorer Toolbar Changer - {C333CF63-767F-4831-94AC-E683D962C63C} - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\TGT_BHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTunerStartupDaemon] "C:\Program Files\RivaTuner\RivaTuner.exe" /S
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CnxDslTaskBar] "C:\Program Files\BIPAC-7000 ADSL USB Modem\CnxDslTb.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -trayboot
O4 - Global Startup: UltraMon.lnk = C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ICQ Toolbar Search - res://C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\npjpi142.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\npjpi142.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.com//PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...?1113234048937
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{3D4FC5CA-58F0-4469-960A-1C0953D7F1C6}: NameServer = 203.144.207.29 203.144.207.49
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update (AVWUpSrv) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kerio Personal Firewall 4 (KPF4) - Kerio Technologies - C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
O23 - Service: LckFldService - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\LckFldService.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe

System specs are irrelevant. Everything runs pretty smooth, though. I don't think this is a system-specific problem - I suspect it happens on EVERY system.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 8th May 2005, 12:18   #8
siebe83
Forum King

Ok, I can reproduce it now while using the Modern skin (I was trying with classic skin earlier and there it worked fine). I have tried to create a reproduce method below...

Screenshot of video prefs if relevant

Modern skin with Video window attached to main window
'Remove fullscreen on stop' unchecked

1. Put some video files in the playlist
2. Start the first one and go into fullscreen mode
3. When Winamp advances to next video, Winamp will leave fullscreen mode and the video will be in its window.
Resizing is possible.
When you hover the video, the On Screen Display title will appear on top of the video.
1x and 2x resize buttons don't work.

Two possibilities now...

> When you click the fullscreen mode button again, the video will zoom in as if it were in fullscreen mode, but stays in its window: only the part in the window is visible.
Pressing 1x or 2x button will return video to normal 1x size but video window does not properly resize.
Fullscreen button does nothing.
Double-clicking video brings back video to normal size, but sometimes results in video positioned out of its range (i.e. only part of it is visible in video window). Resizing video window fixes that.

> Double-click video, and video goes back to normal size and is properly windowed. Everything's back to normal.

----------------------

Modern skin with Video window detached

3. When Winamp advances to next video, Winamp will leave fullscreen mode and the video will be in its window. The video will be zoomed in as if it were in fullscreen mode: only the part in the window is visible.
[same as above]
Pressing 1x or 2x button will return video to normal 1x size but video window does not properly resize.
Fullscreen button does nothing.
Double-clicking video brings back video to normal size, but sometimes results in video positioned out of its range (i.e. only part of it is visible in video window). Resizing video window fixes that.
[/same as above]

Old 8th May 2005, 12:20   #9
bemymonkey

... so now what?

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 8th May 2005, 12:22   #10
siebe83
Forum King

We'll wait for a moderator to confirm the bug (if he can reproduce it as well) and then he will report it to the devs. If no-one replies I will pm someone to bring it to his attention.

Old 8th May 2005, 13:40   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

I can't reproduce the reported issues, as yet...

What video formats are you playing?
eg. MPEG1, MPEG2, DivX, XviD, ASF/WMV, other?

[see Edit below]

The only part I can reproduce is the vid window auto resizing back to default 1x size, eg.
place some vids in the playlist,
go to fullscreen mode,
after it's advanced to the next vid in the playlist, exit fullscreen,
and notice how the vid window is now 1x size.

This occurs regardless of any settings, though I've got "resize video window to fit video" and "remove fullscreen on stop" both unchecked.

Using: Winamp Modern skin, with video window attached to main window and sized to personal taste (approx. a bit smaller than 2x size)

If I just leave the vids playing in windowed mode, then the vid window always stays the same size, ie. it never auto resizes (as it shouldn't, according to my settings). It's only after the playlist has advanced to another vid and I exit fullscreen that I find the main/vid window has changed back to default 1x size - and yeah, it is a bit annoying, heh.

[Edit]

Aha! It helps to look at Siebe's settings screenshot first!
Yes, I CAN reproduce some of this weirdness now.
It's the "close video window after video playback ends" setting.
(I've got that setting unchecked, 'cos I prefer the attached vid window to be always displayed, heh).
With that setting checked, then it exits fullscreen mode after the first vid ends (even with "remove fullscreen on stop" unchecked), and then I also get some of the weirdness described in siebe's above post (eg. fullscreen button no longer works - probably because winamp thinks it's already/still in fullscreen mode). Double-clicking in the vid window then restores vid window to default 1x size, and everything works ok again. Yeah, weird.

Note, none of the weirdness happens (for me) with "close video window after video playback ends" unchecked (except for the resizing back to 1x issue that I mentioned at the beginning of my post).

Reported. Thanks.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2005, 14:50   #12
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Note, none of the weirdness happens (for me) with "close video window after video playback ends" unchecked (except for the resizing back to 1x issue that I mentioned at the beginning of my post).
Yup, you're right, I missed that...
Just for your information, the 'close video window after video playback ends' option doesn't influence fullscreen behaviour in 5.08.
Thanks for reporting it.

While we're at it, another video issue related to fullscreen mode, this time with the classic skin. Although I think this issue is less important...

Classic skin
Rest of video prefs same as above.
'Close video window after video playback ends' seems to be irrelevant, as is 'Resize video window to fit video'

3. When Winamp advances to next video, it stays in fullscreen mode.
4. While second video is playing, double-click the video to turn off fullscreen mode.
5. The video window will now be positioned in the uttermost top left corner of the screen instead of at the original location (as would happen in 5.08). It will also be resized to fit the video, even when 'Resize video window to fit video' is unchecked.

I tested this with various local video files: mpeg, avi, wmv.

With video's with a sidecar (eg. AOL video's) even worse things happen: it resizes the window to fit the video without taking into account the sidecar which produces a very tiny display of the video itself (also in the uttermost top left corner of the screen) [screenshot]. This is fixed as soon as you try to resize the video window.
Additionally, the Media Library will be repositioned to the uttermost left of the screen.

Old 8th May 2005, 15:11   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

Well, I've included a link to this thread in the report I sent,
so hopefully all the issues reported here will be looked at, heh.
Old 9th May 2005, 06:37   #14
bemymonkey

hopefully it'll be fixed by the next release

I dread the day when I permanently can't upgrade to the newest version of winamp because of bugs... let's hope that day never comes :S

winamp rocks.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 21st May 2005, 19:50   #15
pile0nades

Video window resizes when told not to.

I am having the same problem. I was going to post this in a new thread but then found this one.

This may be redundant but oh well:
----------------------

This bug causes the video window to resize to fit the video when exiting fullscreen, even if "Resize video window to fit video" is unchecked. This happens in both Classic and Modern skins.

Steps to reproduce:
1. In preferences, uncheck "Resize video window to fit video" and "Remove fullscreen on stop"
2. Have at least 2 videos in playlist.
3. Play it and go into fullscreen.
4. Play next video.
5. Stop, and exit fullscreen. The video window will be resized to fit the video even though it is set not to.

My computer:
Gateway computer
AMD Athlon 64 with 1 gig of RAM
100 gig hard drive.

Winamp Plugins:
Dynamic Library v1.01
FLAC plugin
WavPack plugin
Geiss 4.23
Lite-n Winamp Preferences
NotSo Fatso
pile0nades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2005, 20:08   #16
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

You forgot one important statistic. Winamp version!

This was a Winamp 5.09 issue which was fixed/addressed in 5.091.
I certainly cannot reproduce that behaviour in 5.091 :/
Old 22nd May 2005, 03:17   #17
bemymonkey

wohaaa... WAS fixed? 5.091 is OUT??? Hooray!

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10th August 2011, 01:51   #18
redfury91

cant escape fullscreen during video play

i was playing a video on fullscreen and i could not get out of it no matter what i tried. hitting esc works on every other player ive ever used, didnt work for winamp. right clicking the mouse usually gives options to pull out of full screen, instead it gave me flashplayer options instead. ctrl+alt+del does nothing because the task manager didnt even recognize that it was running, so that didnt help. i had to sit there and wait until the video was over to get out of it. it happens every time i tried to remedy the problem. whats up with that? is it a vista thing?
redfury91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support