Yup, that's basically how it looks for me as well... Sometimes only the songticker will be covered, sometimes more, as in your screenshot.
I think I give up
I feel like I tried everything. I tried lite installs, I even installed 5.0 lite
. I took out every single plugin (so only the core of Winamp was left) and it still happened. I turned off AVG, ZoneAlarm, Folding@Home, Firefox, every other process I didn't need. It still happened. I messed around with the Winamp options that were left, like Winamp Agent, priority class, no difference.
I updated graphics, audio and cd-rom drivers. I'll probably defrag and run checkdisk later, for now I'm fed up with it.
I guess it isn't a Winamp-related problem, since I'm sure this didn't happen for me in the past, and now it's happening with older versions as well (did anyone else test an older version, btw?). Something changed at my end, maybe a Windows update or something in combination with the hardware setup. Although it's weird I don't experience any problems, slow-downs, freeze-ups with other programs. Any other suggestions are welcome, but I think it's just something I'll have to live with. It doesn't bother me that much either...
Although there's a lot of resemblance, that still doesn't necessarily mean we have the exact same problem. You could try the suggestions above, maybe they'll work for you. Beginning with eg. a clean install
(without Sonic Ripping/Burning support), disabling in_wm.dll in your Winamp plugins folder (rename it to in_wm.off), turning off AVG, posting a HijackThis log
to maybe find other things in common, etc.