Old 15th February 2006, 01:00   #1
jamie123

just ADD songs to ipod, no replace, no remove

i haven't updated my one ipod in years, my other i have updated all the time, the thing is i want to add all of my new songs on my old ipod, without removing or replacing any, there are songs on that ipod that are no longer on my computer, i don't know which ones, or how many, but all i want to do is add songs from the library, not remove or replace, how can i do that? when i rpess sync it wants to delete 300 songs?
jamie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 17:40   #2
jamie123

please someone help, i really need to do this!
Old 18th February 2006, 01:21   #3
shepard

I just "send" the songs I want to my iPod. If they are already on there, it does not matter and if there were songs on the iPod, not on the list I am sending, that would not matter either. Maybe I don't understand your question? It would make me too nervous to have songs on an iPod that are not on my computer or backed up somewhere.
shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 17:00   #4
jamie123

well what do you mean send, you send them one at a time?

i can see what your saying,b ut how do you "send" songs, i press sync, and it makes my ipod exactly like my library (deletes songs that aren't in my library, adds songs that are in my library but not in my ipod) so how do you just "send " the whole library? or do you do it one at a time?
Old 18th February 2006, 21:11   #5
shepard

I just right click on a song, playlist or a highlighted list of songs in the ML and choose "Send To" iPod. I never "sync" my ML and my iPod for 2 reasons. First, I have way more songs in my Winamp ML than I want on my iPod. Second, I used iTunes for a while a year or two ago and had still have some mental trauma over the way iTunes sometimes interprets "Sync".
Old 19th February 2006, 14:59   #6
jamie123

i see what you say, let me ask you though if this would work, if i selected my whole library, and click send, nothing would be erased, maybe some stuff would be doubled, but nothing erased, right?
Old 20th February 2006, 03:38   #7
shepard

For us, as long as a file that is on the iPod is the exact same file as what is in the ML, it will not put it on twice. It just adds the new ones.
Old 24th February 2006, 00:02   #8
jamie123

Quote:
Originally posted by shepard
For us, as long as a file that is on the iPod is the exact same file as what is in the ML, it will not put it on twice. It just adds the new ones.
but nothign would be erased right? that's all that really matters to me, and i can select the whole library and say "add songs" ? correct?
Old 24th February 2006, 01:11   #9
shepard

I am sorry, but can not completely assuage your fears.

On one of our iPods, we sometimes send the a whole library. But we only do this when the iPod is empty. On our other iPod, with a different library, we never do this since it contains so many songs. I have never seen a song erased from the iPod when doing this, but you SHOULD NOT take my word for this. The reason is that I do not really pay attention specifically to that. I never allow the a situation where my only copy of a song is on the iPod, so it would not matter if I lost a few songs off the iPod and I might not notice.
Old 3rd March 2006, 12:17   #10
jamie123

i understand that, thank youf or clearing it up,b ut i still want to know, how exactly do i go about just addings ongs onto the ipod, do i select the whole library and say add songs?
Old 3rd March 2006, 21:41   #11
shepard

I have done it that way, but I think the choice is "send to" iPod.
Old 20th March 2006, 13:09   #12
Terry77

My brother tried to add six songs and erased 340! I had put the initial songs from my computer and he tried to add the six new from his own; hence the loss. There is probably some way to simply add because otherwise it is an annoying feature and means you have to keep the ipod library on your computer – taking up 4 gig disk space.
Terry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 05:46   #13
jedmonds777

After spending hours trying to figure out how to transfer songs without erasing those already on the ipod, i found that you can (windows users) click on the 'Edit' pulldown menu on itunes, then check "manually manage songs and playlists". Don't let the warning scare you. click okay. That's it!!! After that, you can simply click and drag whatever songs from the itunes library (or other) list and drop in the ipod logo in the itunes source menu on the left. The song is instantly coppied to the ipod, and is only added. it doesn't replace any songs on the ipod.
jedmonds777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 11:24   #14
Terry77

Thanks for the answer,jedmonds 777. I shall copy, paste and email your reply to my brother today.
Cheers and thanks again.
Terry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 09:53   #15
thomassster

Send a message via AIM to thomassster
from my experience, using the send to won't erase the other songs. Thats probably the only way to add songs manually. A problem I had with that is having duplicate songs. I ended up downgrading to winamp 5.1 and using ml_ipod 1.30 for my transfers. winamp 5.2 has way too many bugs for me to handle.
thomassster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion