Old 26th May 2006, 05:09   #1
EzStargazer

In2TV not working!

Hi!
I've installed the latest version of WinAMP (5.22) today and tried out the In2TV feature in the media library. The advertisement streams fine but I then get an error message telling me that it was unable to acquire a license. What am I doing wrong?
Please help! Thanks in advance!
EzStargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 05:18   #2
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

What version of Windows Media Player do you have?
What OS?
How's the internet connection?
Any firewalls running?
What is the EXACT text of the error?

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 05:37   #3
EzStargazer

I think I know what the problem is. I've checked out the in2TV website and it tells me that the service is not available in my country.
EzStargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 16:54   #4
DrO

in2TV is only available for the US

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 17:40   #5
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
[B]in2TV is only available for the US
thats fucktastic
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 17:43   #6
DrO

yup and is another reason why i don't use the online services

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 05:08   #7
sloppydog

When trying to watch a show in in2tv, the advertisement is displayed and then I can hear the sound of show, but there is no video. I have Windows Media Player 10 installed and I live in the US, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
sloppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 12:10   #8
DonBurden

I'm in the USA too, and I get an "Unable to locate license, you may need to press play again to aquire." popup too.
DonBurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 13:57   #9
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

in2tv (or any DRM protected video for that matter) requires that your video card support hardware overlay. Some video cards are unable to support that on a second monitor. Do you have a multiple monitor setup? Or maybe you have a laptop and are using the VGA port in the back?
Benski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 16:01   #10
DonBurden

I'm just using a single monitor. Checked Windows Media Player and "Use overlays" is turned on. Video card is an ATI All-In-Wonder 9600.
Old 27th May 2006, 16:18   #11
sloppydog

I have a laptop with no external monitor. In2tv works fine if I watch shows through their website http://television.aol.com/in2tv, not using Winamp. I think it's a problem with Winamp trying to get DRM licenses. The first video I tried to watch attempted to obtain a license, there was an error and after that Winamp doesn't try to acquire a license anymore. Is there a way I can delete or release the license for In2tv content and try to obtain it again?
Old 29th May 2006, 20:07   #12
DonBurden

Didn't know you could watch those TV shows directly from a web site. I tried that and my Windows Media Player said to wait while it installed something, then the TV show played in IE. Then I tried going back to Winamp to play the show. The license message popup didn't appear this time, but still no TV show. The commercial just repeats over and over (and over and over and over...).
Old 29th May 2006, 21:36   #13
JonnyMac

Quote:
Originally posted by DonBurden
The commercial just repeats over and over (and over and over and over...).
Sounds like 'Repeat One' is on. Make sure that Repeat and 'Manual Playlist Advance' are not enabled...
Repeat One/Single-Track tips

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 23:35   #14
DonBurden

I checked that, and repeat isn't on. Neither is "Manual Playlist Advance".
Old 30th May 2006, 01:27   #15
JonnyMac

Are you still using IE7 beta? Based on a quote from DJ Egg, apparently you need to specify which external apps can use ActiveX and Javascript. I think (just a guess) that may be indirectly related to the issue you are having. However since neither of us have IE7, I (we) don't know where the relevant settings are. Maybe you know how to specify permission with Winamp in IE7?

Also, I had a similar issue to yours with In2TV. It would not advance beyond the commercial to the tv show, just stopped after the commercial. After removing several old and unused third party Winamp plug-ins, In2TV worked correctly. So, if it is not the "specify which external applications" issue, it might be a issue with a third party plug-in. Do, you have any third party Winamp plug-ins? Please post system specs.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 18:51   #16
sloppydog

I fixed my problem of not being able to view In2tv videos. For others who have trouble viewing these streams, here is something to try:

Open Windows Media Player. Navigate to Tools > Options. Click on the Network tab. On the bottom of the tab where it lists "streaming proxy settings" click on "MMS" and then "configure." Set this to "do not use proxy settings" then click "Ok". My value was set to "auto detect proxy settings", which you don't want.
Old 12th June 2006, 00:52   #17
ssj4_android

Send a message via ICQ to ssj4_android Send a message via AIM to ssj4_android Send a message via Yahoo to ssj4_android
That stupid ad keeps on playing again and again for me as well. No repeat, IE6, WMP11 beta.
EDIT: Apparently, it doesn't work right with streamripper enabled. Is that intentional? That would be pretty silly as I don't believe it can do video anyhow.
Also, where is the option for high bitrate streams, like on the actual IN2TV website?

Last edited by ssj4_android; 12th June 2006 at 01:29.
ssj4_android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 02:08   #18
SoulOnFire

My problem is that Winamp turns off everytime I try using In2Tv. I followed all installation instructions to the T. Everything else works. What's up?

Help!
SoulOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 09:09   #19
ucf_hitman

Ok, I have a similar problem with Winamp and In2TV. I just downloaded Winamp 5.23 from an older version so I could try out In2TV. I see everything in the media list, it plays the annoying Intel commercial and then I get this error message pops up:

Windows Media playback failure.
This file is encrypted with an Output Protection Level higher than supported in Winamp.

I checked to see the proxy thing someone mentioned in the post earlier (on my WMPlayer), and everything is okay there.

I have Windows Media Player 10 (did a check for updates, it said there were none), Windows XP, nVidia GeForce4 TI 4800 128MB (with latest drivers), AMD Athlon XP 2500+, 768MB RAM. I share my internet connection with my roommate, so we use a router, if that would make a difference- but it hasn't caused any problems in the past. The only firewall software that's running on my PC is the Windows XP SP2 Security Center, but it asks before blocking something, and it works fine with other AOL products like AIM, AOL Services etc.

Can someone help me please? I'd like to watch Perfect Strangers

Thanx!
ucf_hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 09:17   #20
ucf_hitman

A quick update: I just tried to run it in my browser from In2TV's website, and it got me to download an ActiveX control for something about DRM.. I went through with it as instructed, restarted my browser, and after watching that annoying Intel VIIV ad that makes me want to poke my eyes out, I got this error message pop up that said Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. The error code is: C00D11CD
ucf_hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 02:29   #21
Angryguy

Send a message via AIM to Angryguy
I just encountered a similar problem, except it occurred halfway through the program. I think I've found the problem though.

Between every video segment and commercial, I get a pop-up about there being a script error.

If you accidentally click "no" to continue to run scripts, then in2TV will subsequently fail to obtain a license until winamp is restarted.

The real question of course is therefore how to get rid of those script errors.

Does anyone know how to disable the file info (the thing that takes up half of the video display with the name/description of the stream-file playing) in the video-window when not in full-screen mode? Thanks.y
Angryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 09:48   #22
siebe83
Forum King

Nope, you can't disable that...

As for the script errors, maybe one of the following threads will help.
Script/Runtime Errors with Online Services / SC Wire
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=239551
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=239264
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=241716
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread...175#post1958175
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260/en-us/

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 09:51   #23
ladyhauwke

My winamp (using win XP) tends to simply crash when I try to watch something from in2TV. It just shuts down, no error message.

I was using a skin OceanAmp and it would shut down immediately. I switched back to regular modern and the first time I tried it brought up a video window but then shut down when I tried to click on the help menu. Second time, no video window popped up but I heard the ad start playing then it shut down and I didn't click on anything. Very strange behavior.
ladyhauwke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 22:35   #24
cioffij

It just doesn't work.

<rant warning=longone>

I'm amazed at this AOL crap. One of the nice things about WINAMP, historically, is that although a lot of amateur plugins are buggy, the core stuff works. Not so with AOL.

I have a decent system. No problems with overlays. I have reinstalled WMP 10. Disabled proxies and firewalls.

That's enough.

If AOL wants me to watch their (@&@^*#&$&*#% commercials, then give me a video delivery system that works. For Ch*** sake, these are 20 and 30 year old TV shows, why the h**l they think they need so much protection on them kills me. I'll tolerate the commercials because it's EASY. If it's going to take this much work just to view them, Ill go download them from a torrent site.

Geez, do they really think that the DRM is going to prevent fans from bootlegging? What idiots.

If you're having trouble with DRM and in2TV, take my advice, FORGET IT!
</rant>

Jim C.
cioffij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 17:40   #25
UberStated

Can only use AOL Video for In2tv

After clicking to go get the license, I get a pop-up that tells me I have to use AOL Video to view the content.
UberStated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 21:57   #26
MarkRH

Looks like many of the TV Shows that were in the In2TV area got moved to the AOL Videos, Televsion category. Only thing I see in In2TV now is Superman stuff.

Hmmm.. none of it seems to be working at the moment.. most I've been able to get is 1 or 2 commericals. They must be working on the servers or something.. or my system here is borked.
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 00:40   #27
Escher0

So not only does my In2TV not work (it never has) but now AOL Videos stopped working now also. It used to be that In2TV would just cause Winamp to closes without warning or error when I try to play something but now it pops up the little 'Retrieving Playlist' window then does nothing and leaves me with a blank playlist. AOL Videos now does the crashing thing but never did until recently. I've followed everything so far in this thread with no luck. I upgraded to WMP 11 too in the hopes that would help.

edit: Also, if I try to access In2TV from the website, I get Error C00D277F and I've tried everything I could find online about that.
Escher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 01:02   #28
Escher0

So I fixed the In2TV website, turns out some directions I followed before were wrong with the correct ones here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891664

Still no luck on winamp though.

edit: I paused the show to post this and when I went back to unpause, I got the same error again. AARRRGGGHHH
Escher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 09:03   #29
Red Mullet
Banned

Why in2tv is not available in some countries?
I test it in mexico but I have same problem & is not available in my country!!!
Red Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 09:18   #30
siebe83
Forum King

Probably because they are licensed to broadcast in the US only...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 23:37   #31
dw817

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
Probably because they are licensed to broadcast in the US only...
* SOLUTION *

Change your screen from 16-bit to 32-bit.

Works here.

David
dw817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 23:05   #32
moktoman

Send a message via AIM to moktoman Send a message via Yahoo to moktoman
Re: It just doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally posted by cioffij

If AOL wants me to watch their (@&@^*#&$&*#% commercials, then give me a video delivery system that works. For Ch*** sake, these are 20 and 30 year old TV shows, why the h**l they think they need so much protection on them kills me. I'll tolerate the commercials because it's EASY. If it's going to take this much work just to view them, Ill go download them from a torrent site.

Geez, do they really think that the DRM is going to prevent fans from bootlegging? What idiots.

If you're having trouble with DRM and in2TV, take my advice, FORGET IT!
</rant>

Jim C. [/B]
Amen.
moktoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2007, 02:23   #33
moktoman

Send a message via AIM to moktoman Send a message via Yahoo to moktoman
UPDATE

Just a quick update:

I was having issues with playing WMV files in Internet Explorer recently so I downgraded Windows Media Player from version 11 to version 10, which fixed the above issue, and although in2tv still doesn't work in Winamp, it is working great off of AOL's website now.

I figured something WMP11's activex controller (used by Winamp to play the DRM protected WMVs) is screwy, but apparently neither versions 11 or 10 allow Winamp to allow in2tv to work correctly (well, at all).

I may try downgrading WMP further to version 9 and see if that helps. But its not on my list of priorities right now...
moktoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 05:39   #34
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by ucf_hitman
A quick update: I just tried to run it in my browser from In2TV's website, and it got me to download an ActiveX control for something about DRM.. I went through with it as instructed, restarted my browser, and after watching that annoying Intel VIIV ad that makes me want to poke my eyes out, I got this error message pop up that said Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. The error code is: C00D11CD
Of course, yawl know that you need WindowsMediaPlayer 10 and therefore Windows XP SP2 installed before in2tv will work at all.

Reinstall WMP10 after you are sure you have WindowsXP HOME or PRO SP2 installed as your OS first. You also want Javascript 5.1 build 10 or 11 installed also (but reinstalling WMP10 will fix that)
Napolean Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 15:17   #35
rick9109

I was unable to play the In2tv thing due to the license issue-but when I unchecked "allow YV12 overlay mode" in video and prefrences everything worked fine.
rick9109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 05:47   #36
Napolean Solo

Not one person has reported this thing works. Not One. LAtest version of Winamp
Napolean Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 06:44   #37
MarkRH

Yeah, I can't get anything to play with In2TV. Works on the AOL Website, but not through WinAMP.
Old 21st March 2008, 15:31   #38
daveny5

In2TV DRM Fix!

After giving up hope on getting this to work, I stumbled on the fix this morning trying to use the Verizon Media Player.

If you can get to this link, you can fix it. I'm now able to watch In2TV using Winamp! (They should give me a free version of pro for finding this!)

DRM Fix

I don't know why the URL won't list properly. Here it is without the http.

yme.music.yahoo.com/arthur_111/common/resources/us/en/error/drm_error.html?error=corruptdrm
daveny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 00:03   #39
MarkRH

I think I got mine working by going into Windows Media Player, Tools, Options and in the Security Tab put a check mark in "Acquire licenses automatically for protected content" and "Send unique Player ID to content providers".

There's some other thread on here that mentions it I think.
Old 25th October 2008, 10:58   #40
FaithArmstrong

In2TV not working!

in2TV is only available for the US
FaithArmstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support