Old 2nd June 2006, 15:49   #1
VeeJay

Winamp 5.22 Jump To File problem

I have problem with my Jump To File function.

I had same problem with 5.21. I tried to reinstall it with diffrent options, but with no result.
I checked the preferences after something that would fix the problem but without any result.

The problem is when i am typing text on search box. Winamp doesnt seem to search after the typed text. Instead it is just sorting every file after title.

I hope somebody can give me a clue how to fix this problem.
VeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 16:47   #2
DrO

what OS are you using? also what happens when you disable gen_jumpex.dll (renaming to .off will work)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 17:30   #3
VeeJay

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
what OS are you using? also what happens when you disable gen_jumpex (renaming to .off will work)

-daz
-HP nx6125
-Mobile AMD sempron 3100+
-Conexant AC-Link Audio
-ATI Radeon x200
-Win XP SP2
-DirectX 9.0c
-Winamp 5.22

I couldnt find the gen_jumpex option... should i add it in winamp.ini ?

Maybe I should add that i cant even see the "enque" button on that jump to file dialouge. Even if it already is enabled in jump to file preferences. The only button which is showing up is "cancel"... it should be "enque file", "Move after current" and "Jump to file"

Last edited by VeeJay; 2nd June 2006 at 18:54.
Old 3rd June 2006, 13:33   #4
VeeJay

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
what OS are you using? also what happens when you disable gen_jumpex.dll (renaming to .off will work)

-daz
ohhh...stuipid me read your text as it was an option in prepferences.

Actually it did fix the search problem... thx for the help

But do somebody knows about fixing the button problem in JTF-dialouge ?
Old 4th June 2006, 10:42   #5
DrO

by disabling the gen_jumpex.dll you loose the ability to have the enqueue and other buttons on the jump to file dialog.

are you using any form of language pack since something is blocking the sending of the required message for the hooking api to take effect.

i'm pushed for time at the moment so i'm not going to be able to make a test build up for you to try and see what's going on for a while but i've logged this issue and will see what i can do when time becomes available.

-daz
Old 5th June 2006, 13:45   #6
VeeJay

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
by disabling the gen_jumpex.dll you loose the ability to have the enqueue and other buttons on the jump to file dialog.

are you using any form of language pack since something is blocking the sending of the required message for the hooking api to take effect.

i'm pushed for time at the moment so i'm not going to be able to make a test build up for you to try and see what's going on for a while but i've logged this issue and will see what i can do when time becomes available.

-daz
No I didnt install any language package with winamp.
Clean install, but I didnt install the winamp agent, thats it.

I have winamp 5.22 in my other computer and have no problem with jtf or enque. And the winamp installation on the both computer should be exact the same.

I have no rush with this problem. So if you have time to help me out with this problem i really would be thankfull.

I can make few experminets and shut down few processes and see if that helps. I will let you know when I find a solution.

Edited:
Your last msg about something was blocking the message from beeing sent gave me a clue about a program that is always running.

Solution:
HP nx6125 comes with a fingerprint reader and the program "Credential Manager" was blocking the messages. So the solution was to log off from credential manager and restart winamp. And everything did work out just fine.

Thx for the help DrO

Last edited by VeeJay; 5th June 2006 at 14:00.
Old 5th June 2006, 17:41   #7
DrO

well to say that's weird is an understatement. can't think why that HP program is causing such an issue since it would otherwise cause more things to not work i think but at least you know what it is that was causing it now

-daz
Old 7th June 2006, 09:34   #8
VeeJay

true but i havent discovered other problems yet... i think there will be more to come
That program is trying to identify application automaticly and capture every msg box. It's because the program is storing every password for webpages and application, so the person dont have to write the username and password each time a logon screen apears. Everything the person have to do is swipe the finger when logging on to windows.

I hope HP comes with some kind of update that allows the user to choose what application it should capture msg boxes from.
Old 30th August 2006, 23:29   #9
jay-slo

Here's a better solution:
Disable "Single sign on" in the advanced settings of the credential manager (you can do that in the single sign on tab ).

You'll still be able to logon to Windows with the fingerprint reader this way.
jay-slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support