Old 5th June 2006, 17:49   #1
tomasko

Can't change milkdrop configuration

I am trying to make milkdrop go fullscreen on a secondary display. When I go to winamp preferences and the configuration of the milkdrop plugin I can change the monitor that milkdrop goes fullscreen but this setting is never saved, when I click OK the setting goes back to the default.
Any ideas why this might happen??
thanks
tomasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 05:39   #2
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Are you talking about the checkbox (start in fullscreen) in common settings? SM
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 01:17   #3
Willmatic

i am having the same problem. any changes made to the "Display Adapter" field for either desktop, fullscreen, or windowed is never saved. perhaps this has something to do with using Ultramon? or maybe having winamp installed to a drive other than C? has anyone come up with a solution to this annoying little bug?
Willmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 06:18   #4
gunman

I'm having the same problem.
I'm using the lastest version of winamp and milkdrop.
I'm using the lastest drivers.
I have two monitors.

Milkdrop will not run on fullscreen on the secondary monitor.
Milkdrop will run EXTREAMLY slow on the secondary monitor when windowed. Plus the CPU usage jumps to, and stays on, 100% (I suspect the GPU isn't being used at all, and its all being done by the CPU like AVS.)
gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 07:25   #5
StudioMusic
Major Dude

I am not having any problems at all and I have winamp installed on a different drive with 2 monitors and ATI card. What video cards are you people using? SM
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 07:30   #6
gunman

nVidia Ti-4200 with AGPx8
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:13   #7
redi jedi
Will code for food

if the forums you search, an answer shall you find

Blah!
redi jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 11:07   #8
lhanders

I have the same problem with the symptoms discribed by gunman. I tried to click on the dualhead options in common settings and fittled with the settings. No matter what I choose here be it span desktop or use left or right only maximising only results in maximising on the primary display. I am using the latest winamp with milkdrop.
Of hardware, I am using a dell notebook as primary screen and a philips 21 inch as secondary screen. The notebook has intels integrated G915 graphics.

Redi jedi are you trying and failing to be cool?, or did you find a solution to the problem???
lhanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 12:36   #9
lhanders

I tried to download the milkdrop 1.05 beta 5 but that did not change anything.
lhanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 12:44   #10
gunman

I've found some answers to my problem.

First it seems that a dualhead crad can only accelerate ONE display at a time (I think this is a windows related problem), you've got to get the desktop spanned on both screens, Windows must see the desktop as one 2048*786 screen NOT two 1024*786 screens.
Old 18th July 2006, 20:52   #11
redi jedi
Will code for food

@gunman -> thank you for at least trying to find the answer, i really do appreacate that! and just for future refrence did you get it to work? if so what did ya change?

@lhanders-> you can go fuck yourself with a stick. dont be a smart ass.

i'm sick of having to post this link every time it drops off the damn 30day mark, hey rova can we get this stickyed?

all ya had to do was click on search.... type dual head(or multimon!!!) and fucking click on the god damn first fucking link!??!!??!?!!?? then your gonna be a smart ass cause your too dumb to find the answer, atleast gunman tried(and seems to have found some form of an answer)

The answer

humm... ya know mabye i'll just put this version on my website as well so its easyer to find...

Blah!
Old 18th July 2006, 21:46   #12
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
Quote:
Originally posted by redi jedi
hey rova can we get this stickyed?

done

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - MilkDrop www.milkdrop.co.uk
New Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 06:34   #13
redi jedi
Will code for food

you rock man!
i'll try to get this in my next update, with the pictures feature(if i ever get it working)

Blah!
Old 19th July 2006, 08:02   #14
gunman

Quote:
Originally posted by redi jedi
@gunman -> thank you for at least trying to find the answer, i really do appreacate that! and just for future refrence did you get it to work? if so what did ya change?

Yes its working perfectly now. I can get milkdrop to run flawlessly on both screens in windowed mode and fullscreen mode, or scretched across both in ether mode too.

Gunman's Fix for nvidia users:

1. Go into nView display options and make sure its set to "Horizontal Span" NOT "Dualview".

2. Thats it. Your done. Milkdrop will now work fine on both screens.

Why Gunman this works, Milkdrop sees a dualhead card in Dualview mode as a pair of totally identical graphics cards, so it has problems figering out which is which and will always prefer the one windows tells it to use: the Primary Monitor. In Horizontal Span, there is no Primary or Secondary, milkdrop (and windows) sees just one really wide screen.

(grama edits)

Last edited by gunman; 19th July 2006 at 08:48.
Old 19th July 2006, 08:27   #15
redi jedi
Will code for food

tx for the explaination, i didnt know ya could fix it that way

also you can change the primary monitor to your second one, little dirtier but if ya dont have that nifty menu(i've got an ati, although mine works so...) it'll get the job done

Blah!
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum