Old 30th May 2000, 05:51   #1
TubbyAzn

Send a message via ICQ to TubbyAzn
hi. on the old versions of winamp (< 2.6), when you'd click on a playlist file (.m3u) it would open just that playlist, but on the new winamp (2.62), say you have a "rap" playlist open on winamp, then you close winamp, and then double click your "r&b" playlist..it will add the r&b playlist files to the rap playlist files. how do i make it so JUST the playlist i open appears? i think it's done inside of view->folder options->file types but im not sure. please help.

[Edited by Jayn on 12-18-2000 at 11:27 PM]
TubbyAzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2000, 06:51   #2
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

instead of dragging and dropping the file, use file open. that will clear the current playlist.
Mr. Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2000, 00:04   #3
TubbyAzn

yes, but i mean when winamp isnt already open and i just want to double click the .m3u file. isnt there a way to do that?
Old 1st June 2000, 01:19   #4
Cannon__Fodder

Send a message via ICQ to Cannon__Fodder
you change it from 'enqueue in winamp' to 'open in winamp' when you double click the playlist.
If you right click a playlist or an mp3, you'll see these two options, with one in bold - meaning its the default, double click action.

to change it, right click winamp to get the menu and select 'options' then 'preferences'

click the 'file types' tab (under 'setup') and find the 'enqueue as default action' check box (bottom righthand corner)

uncheck it if you want it set up so double clicking replaces any old playlist in winamp with the new.

(personally i like to use the enqueue as default action, and simply right click an mp3 or playlist and select 'play in winamp' if i want to only play that file - then i can make a temporary playlist, by going through my mp3's and double clicking all the mp3 i want.......)

hope that answers your question....

cf

Cannon__Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2000, 08:07   #5
TubbyAzn

yeah thats perfect, thanks! but it is a good idea to leave it on for double clicking .mp3 files. i guess just right clicking and selecting Open in winamp is easy enough.

thanks again
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support