Old 26th June 2000, 15:36   #1
Loopie

I'm sorry this may be a stupid question, but whenever i start Winamp it starts automatically also my Internet Explorer and that's nerving! How can i stop that?
Old 27th June 2000, 02:11   #2
JoeNguyen83

Quote:
Originally posted by Loopie:
I'm sorry this may be a stupid question, but whenever i start Winamp it starts automatically also my Internet Explorer and that's nerving! How can i stop that?

[Edited by Jayn on 12-20-2000 at 02:57 AM]
Old 27th June 2000, 02:57   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Goto : Options -> Preferences -> Setup
Uncheck the option to "check for new versions of winamp at start up".

You may want to uncheck the option below this as well ?
(Report anonymous user info . . .)

Also, if you have any General Purpose plug-ins, check to see that they aren't configured to perform a similar action.

If the above suggestions are either irrelevant or ineffective, then maybe it's because you have the Winamp MiniBrowser running at startup ?
If this is the case, disable the MiniBrowser.

If you are opening Winamp to play an AudioCD, goto :
Prefs -> Input -> CD Plugin -> Configure
Remove the checkmark next to "Use CDDB"
If you had this function enabled, the CD plugin will have been trying to access the CD DataBase to gather all artist & title info.

The only other things I can think of is that you are trying to open a streamed playlist (i.e. one that leads to files on the net & not on your hard drive), or the first file in your playlist is a secure format, such as: Media Juice .MJF - which requires the use of the minibrowser to display embedded artwork / or .WMA - which requires to dial up to obtain a DRM license the first time you play it (stored in C:\Windows\All Users\DRM), etc.

If so, then open a new playlist in Winamp with links to files on your HD, or move the guilty file at the top of the list towards the bottom . . . or even totally remove it from the list . . .

Hope this helps !

Laterzzzzzzzz

------------------
DJ - Egg
^/^
`v

{Edited by Jayn on 12-20-2000 at 02:58 AM}

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-20-2000 at 10:44 PM]
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support