offi

WinAmp v5.3 SHIT

This is big shit
You can't use Cue_Player 0.5 with it

EDIT --> DJ Egg

Cue Player 0.57 works fine with Winamp 5.3x
http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/downloads.xml

UPDATE May 2007

0.57c for Winamp 5.34 (fixes ????? in taskbar for unicode titles)
http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/v0.57c/in_cue.dll

Note, you also need gen_cue.dll from the main download, but you should then replace in_cue.dll with this newer version.

Cue Player 0.57c mirror (in_cue.dll & gen_cue.dll)
http://stashbox.org/428726/CuePlayer057c.zip | mirror

http://stashbox.org/428726/CuePlayer057c.zip
http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/CuePlayer057c.zip

(unzip to the %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins folder)
offi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 12:39   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Just because a plug-in needs to be updated, doesn't mean that the software is shit.

Just wait for an updated version of the plug-in or for native support.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 12:45   #3
JacknLime

Thought this might have just been a troll thread but that is a good point. With the latest version there aren't any plugins that work for playing cue files. Very annoying as I have a tonne of mix cds ripped into mp3/cue.

Can the developers please have a look at implementing native cue support now that any previous cue support (via plugins)is now gone?

Apart from that the new version is nice
JacknLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 12:47   #4
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

i'll actually correct things and have to say that the cue plugin used rather hacky methods which undoubtedly would and could be broken by core changes (as i've experienced myself with a few of my plugins). and i'll also add that the author of that plugin hasn't updated it in an age and has left some fundamental bugs in it as things stand before the unicoding of winamp.exe (which is why it doesn't work).

you're best waiting for a native implementation or use one of the other cue plugins out there in the mean time since unicode support is far more important than cue support which in all honesty is a niche area anyway so bitching isn't going to help things on that count.

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 12:57   #5
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
With the latest version there aren't any plugins that work for playing cue files
The price of being modern software, many players have support for unicode, Winamp was missing this feature for ages.

The old devs never showed any interest in implementing this major feature in the 3.x/5.x core, because of a lot work and incompatibility problems with 3rd party plug-ins (like with the cue plug-in) I guess. Search the forums for unicode and read all the old threads.

Winamp can just compete with other players with unicode support.

Native CUE support is planned (take a look at the wishlist) so stay tuned. If this feature is so important for you, then use Winamp 5.23 until native support is there.
Old 5th October 2006, 13:40   #6
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

changing thread title to "Cue_Player 0.5 SHIT"

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 15:23   #7
HeldImZelt

I hope to see a native implementation in the next version as well. Cue support is essential for up2date audioplayers. Don't sleep too long plz.
HeldImZelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 15:46   #8
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

Native .cue support is high up on the internal to-do/wishlist, but naturally we can't guarantee if/when, and I very much doubt it'll be for the next release.

The mp3cue plugin still works perfectly well (I've been using it for years, with no problems whatsoever), and has always been the officially recommended plugin anyway.

As for the Cue Player plugin, as already said, it's up to the plugin author to maintain compatibility. There's nothing we can do about it here.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2006, 01:07   #9
HeldImZelt

Mp3cue doesn't virtually split the files to winamp playlist like cueplayer does for comfortable seeking but it helps to ease the pain.

How can we contact the devs to tell them about the new situation?
HeldImZelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2006, 09:03   #10
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

they already know and pestering isn't going to help get things done...

-daz

Old 9th October 2006, 09:12   #11
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
How can we contact the devs to tell them about the new situation?
Simply contact the authors of MP3Cue or Cue Player and ask for an update.

For native support, you must wait, it's listed in the wishlist and as Egg said, it will come someday.

Also asking again and again bring nothing, as DrO said.
Old 9th October 2006, 12:24   #12
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Unless you pester the third party author. that might get stuff fixed

Old 15th October 2006, 05:35   #13
byblo

Re: WinAmp v5.3 SHIT

Quote:
Originally posted by offi
This is big shit
You can't use Cue_Player 0.5 with it
I use it too and never had problem with it, even on winamp 5.3

You should update your Cue Player (in_cue.dll) to the latest version 0.5b (05.12.2005)
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2006, 14:13   #14
ETONO

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'll actually correct things and have to say that the cue plugin used rather hacky methods which undoubtedly would and could be broken by core changes (as i've experienced myself with a few of my plugins). and i'll also add that the author of that plugin hasn't updated it in an age and has left some fundamental bugs in it as things stand before the unicoding of winamp.exe (which is why it doesn't work).

-daz
Yep, very hacky methods. But it wasn't those that brought it down. It was (as you said) those pesky new unicode functions. I would really like to know what you are refering to when you are talking about the "fundamental bugs" I left in there

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
changing thread title to "Cue_Player 0.5 SHIT"
Thanks

Quote:
Unless you pester the third party author. that might get stuff fixed
You'll be amazed how few people that actually send me any bug reports. You often find them faster by googling.

And by the way you can get the latest test-version 0.56 alpha (0.55 was never released) at http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/downloads.xml and yes it (should) support 5.3.

Would be nice to get some feedback too.
ETONO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2006, 14:23   #15
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

there's issues with it's reporting of titles (reference issues on the last.fm winamp plugin) and it repeatedly when run via the msvc debugger could be seen to cause silent crashes on closing (which i even reproduced on a clean install of 5.2x at the time).

-daz

Old 19th October 2006, 20:47   #16
mnemo

Quote:
Originally posted by ETONO
And by the way you can get the latest test-version 0.56 alpha (0.55 was never released) at http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/downloads.xml and yes it (should) support 5.3.

Would be nice to get some feedback too. [/B]
Let me be the first to thank you for updating your plugin! Feedback is a bit hard to send since you don't provide an email address anywhere and even the newest entry on the CUE Player page just refers to the "usual address". ;-)

CUE Player works like a charm in Winamp 5.3, to which I just updated.

Now if you could also make the Audioscrobbler plugin for last.fm work you'd probably make quite a few people even happier. You can get the plugin here if you don't have it yet: http://nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioScrobbler/

The problem is that the plugin doesn't detect the track change when a cue is playing.
mnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2006, 07:08   #17
JacknLime

Thanks heaps for the update!!

With the media library integration I can't seem to get it to display the artist and track titles in the media library. I'm just dragging the cue file onto the media library, it updates, but there is only the mp3 file there. Is there something else I should do to make it display the track titles read from the cue file?
Old 20th October 2006, 08:35   #18
ETONO

Quote:
Originally posted by mnemo
Let me be the first to thank you for updating your plugin! Feedback is a bit hard to send since you don't provide an email address anywhere and even the newest entry on the CUE Player page just refers to the "usual address". ;-)

CUE Player works like a charm in Winamp 5.3, to which I just updated.

Now if you could also make the Audioscrobbler plugin for last.fm work you'd probably make quite a few people even happier. You can get the plugin here if you don't have it yet: http://nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioScrobbler/

The problem is that the plugin doesn't detect the track change when a cue is playing.
Well, I usually "ship" it with a readme.txt, I think you can find my email at the end of that file.

Naturally I looked into the audioscrobbler problem last nig... ehrm day. And it seems like Winamp was sending the PE-window 2 messages of type 0x29A. Audioscrobbler expected the hiword of the lparam of the second message to be 16384. But for some reason winamp, sent them with both hiwords set to 0 when cue player was advancing. Which caused the audioscrobbler to malfunction. I haven't found a documentation of what these messages do, so my fix in upcomming versions is that the cue player sends a third message with the proper hiword, when it continues playing.

Another thing that had been annoying me was the missing files feature of the gen_jumpex kept reporting the cue-tracks as missing. Seems like DrO was using the wide-version of GetFileAttributes, and that I had somehow missed that when looking at the import tables. That should be fixed as well now.
Old 20th October 2006, 09:08   #19
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Another thing that had been annoying me was the missing files feature of the gen_jumpex kept reporting the cue-tracks as missing. Seems like DrO was using the wide-version of GetFileAttributes, and that I had somehow missed that when looking at the import tables. That should be fixed as well now.
since the code is working with the unicode playlist entries i'd have to use the wide versions... however the missing files code on my end needs some more tweaking since it's not processing some other entries correctly (more of the weird and wonderful zip:// entries during playback from my in_zip project).

now my question is are you doing any patching, etc on the jtfe dll or just on the winamp core... only asking since if i am going to alter the code my end i'd rather do an all in one fix to handle the cue entries without people moaning about it having been broken again.

-daz

Old 20th October 2006, 09:50   #20
ETONO

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
now my question is are you doing any patching, etc on the jtfe dll or just on the winamp core... only asking since if i am going to alter the code my end i'd rather do an all in one fix to handle the cue entries without people moaning about it having been broken again.

-daz
No, I am not patching your dlls or the winamp core or anything like that to make it work. I am hooking the winapi functions to call my functions instead. From there I can change the input and output to my liking. In this case I simply hooked GetFileAttributesW (and A just in case), and if it recognizes a cue-track entry, say "c:\hello.cue,1", the code simply removes ,1 from the string and calls the real GetFileAttributesW. If hello.cue exists, you will get a proper answer from it.

Currently I am hooking

GetFileAttributesW
GetFileAttributesA
CreateFileA
GetOpenFilenameA

Possible problems could be if you are switching to using only wide api calls.

Quote:
Originally posted by JacknLime
Thanks heaps for the update!!

With the media library integration I can't seem to get it to display the artist and track titles in the media library. I'm just dragging the cue file onto the media library, it updates, but there is only the mp3 file there. Is there something else I should do to make it display the track titles read from the cue file?
I have hade some "small" problems with it. It was tagging tracks improperly when adding them to the library. Genre, year and type(if it is or audio/video) had invalid values which caused the media to not show up properly under lets say "audio".

The other problem was that if you add a cue-file to the library it isn't displayed on screen at once. You must some how refresh it manually, by swapping views for example. This problem has not been solved yet.
Old 20th October 2006, 09:55   #21
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

rightio, that's all i needed to know with the playlist entry formatting since i can happily strip back to the comma when i modify the code my end (since i've also got to stripback to a double colon pair :: for another file format that i use) so i'll jot this down for when dev on the plugin starts again soon

-daz

Old 20th October 2006, 10:15   #22
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:

From what i've seen, last.fm is no longer using that plugin as part of its submission program but installing a different one that interfaces with their submission program.

Old 20th October 2006, 10:51   #23
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

it still uses essentially the same code as the separate plugin from the checks i've done of it hence why both versions exhibit the issue

-daz

Old 20th October 2006, 16:58   #24
mnemo

Quote:
Well, I usually "ship" it with a readme.txt, I think you can find my email at the end of that file.
Ugh, you're right, it's in the original self-extracting archive. Sorry!

Quote:
I haven't found a documentation of what these messages do, so my fix in upcomming versions is that the cue player sends a third message with the proper hiword, when it continues playing.
Sounds great. Thanks for the fix! :-)
Old 20th October 2006, 17:00   #25
mnemo

Quote:
From what i've seen, last.fm is no longer using that plugin as part of its submission program but installing a different one that interfaces with their submission program.
They want people to use the last.fm player, but you will also find the AudioScrobbler plugin somewhere down the Tools page. The one I linked to is just an improved build.
Old 20th October 2006, 19:41   #26
BKDotCom

Thanks!

I too, apperciate the speedy update.
BKDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2006, 16:19   #27
ETONO

I have looked into adding support for embedded cue sheets in FLAC files. "A lot of people" have requested this (if I only take into account the few request mails I have recieved).

The code for fetching the index points are working good it seems. But the situation is worse with the track titles and artists/performer. Since there isn't any standardized ways of adding per track metadata (found a suggestion at http://www.gophernet.org/articles/vorbiscomment/ though). I have tried to generalize as much as possible. If it finds a tag beginning with TITLE or SUBTITLE, it looks for the first number in the string and assumes that is the track-number.

This works well if you have say "TITLE1=Something" or "TITLE[1]=Something" or "SUBTITLE[TRACK 3]=Something" and lots of other ways. Same thing for the ARTIST field.

Another way that seems to recommended/preferred among the FLAC-people is to look the tracks up at say freeDB. This of course poses some new problems since I probably can't block on information lookup with say winampGetExtendedFileInfo to wait for a response from freeDB. And of course cache the data either in the media library or somewhere else.

So, I am wondering what you guys think? A waste of time? Should I be concentrating on something else? Is new metadata the way to solve the problem? I assume that very few files out there are tagged like this and no rippers support it. Are there any other plugins that use asynchronous lookups?
Old 22nd October 2006, 04:13   #28
JacknLime

Quote:
So, I am wondering what you guys think? A waste of time? Should I be concentrating on something else? [/B]
Media library support

ps. I don't use flac at all so yeah not so interested in that hehe
Old 23rd October 2006, 15:00   #29
mnemo

Quote:
Same here. :-)
Old 23rd October 2006, 15:59   #30
ETONO

Quote:
Media library support

Quote:
Same here. :-)
Maybe I am talking in the wrong forum Maybe I should find some forum for audiophiles.

I find it kinda funny that you say that media library support should be added. I've had my cue-tracks in my media library for 1½ years now. Though it was depending on the option "add file when played". The last release should also have fixed all issues regarding searching/dropping files on the media library. But ok, I have found some problems with it.

Therefor I ask you to get the newest version (http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/downloads.xml), and if it still isn't working (remember it doesn't refresh the view after adding the cue songs you need to refresh it manually). Please give me a detailed description of your actions so I can reproduce the problem.

I wont ask you to test the FLAC-support since you obviously aren't listening to them.
Old 24th October 2006, 09:24   #31
JacknLime

Quote:
The last release should also have fixed all issues regarding searching/dropping files on the media library. But ok, I have found some problems with it.
Ahh I did a reinstall after reading this post and it seems to be working nicely now in the media library for all my cue files. (An extra 5000 tracks from the cue files have appeared after doing the scan watchfolders )

You are a legend for developing this plugin. Thanks so much
Old 26th October 2006, 11:36   #32
mnemo

Quote:
Therefor I ask you to get the newest version (http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/downloads.xml), and if it still isn't working (remember it doesn't refresh the view after adding the cue songs you need to refresh it manually). Please give me a detailed description of your actions so I can reproduce the problem.
Works great so far, including AudioScrobbler submissions. Thanks again for the update!

I'm not using the library so I cannot comment on that.
Old 27th October 2006, 14:35   #33
flocksoft
Major Dude

multi-index songs in CUE files

some of my ripped compact discs (with Exact Audio Copy v0.95b4) have multi-indexed songs; CUE Player (until 0.56 beta) starts the selected song from the last index in cue file

e.g. the 5th song (Dirge For November), should start at 36:32:70 (first index of the song) but starts at 42:19:72 (last indes of song, skipping first 6 minutes of the song) as showed in pic

PS (mini bug): the closing parenthesis for track time range is missing in info box

code:

REM GENRE "Progressive Death Metal"
REM DATE 2001
REM DISCID 650FC108
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
TITLE "Blackwater Park"
FILE "Opeth - Blackwater Park.ape" APE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "The Leper Affinity"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
INDEX 02 00:28:15
INDEX 03 08:55:62
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Bleak"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 01 10:23:37
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Harvest"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 01 19:39:32
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "The Drapery Falls"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 00 25:38:02
INDEX 01 25:40:67
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Dirge For November"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 00 36:32:70
INDEX 01 36:34:57
INDEX 02 37:12:05
INDEX 03 38:18:10
INDEX 04 42:19:72
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "The Funeral Portrait"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 00 44:25:67
INDEX 01 44:28:32
INDEX 02 51:59:45
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Patterns In The Ivy"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 00 53:10:45
INDEX 01 53:12:72
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Blackwater Park"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
INDEX 00 55:02:72
INDEX 01 55:05:27

flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 02:54   #34
ETONO

Re: multi-index songs in CUE files

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
some of my ripped compact discs (with Exact Audio Copy v0.95b4) have multi-indexed songs; CUE Player (until 0.56 beta) starts the selected song from the last index in cue file

e.g. the 5th song (Dirge For November), should start at 36:32:70 (first index of the song) but starts at 42:19:72 (last indes of song, skipping first 6 minutes of the song) as showed in pic

PS (mini bug): the closing parenthesis for track time range is missing in info box
Well, good thing you told me. Both bugs have now been fixed. Watch out for the next release.

And btw talking about that, anyone know if the plugin-section is safe for updates these days? I read something about there being trouble posting? Anyone know if these problems have been fixed?
Old 29th October 2006, 02:06   #35
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: Re: multi-index songs in CUE files

Quote:
anyone know if the plugin-section is safe for updates these days? I read something about there being trouble posting? Anyone know if these problems have been fixed?
it's broken like a very broken broken thing and no eta on when (or more like if) it'll be fixed which is annoying on a number of levels sadly

-daz

Old 29th October 2006, 20:41   #36
flocksoft
Major Dude

Re: Re: multi-index songs in CUE files

Quote:
Well, good thing you told me. Both bugs have now been fixed. Watch out for the next release.
Very good & thank I'll wait for it!

a mini-suggestion: in many cue files, there are some other tags (following the REM word) like GENRE, DATE, COMMENT...

it's could nice to see these popular tags in cue plugin info window and in media-library (maybe like the OGG Vorbis info window showing all the non-standard tags in the "Other" section)

example:

code:
REM GENRE BritPop
REM DATE 1986
REM DISCID 8908B00A
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
CATALOG 0745099189624
PERFORMER "The Smiths"
TITLE "The Queen Is Dead"
FILE "The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead.ape" APE

flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 15:57   #37
upsfeup

Quote:
Another thing that had been annoying me was the missing files feature of the gen_jumpex kept reporting the cue-tracks as missing. Seems like DrO was using the wide-version of GetFileAttributes, and that I had somehow missed that when looking at the import tables. That should be fixed as well now. [/B]
Just got 0.56beta and it still shows me the .cue tracks as missing.
Also, when I add the .cue to the playlist (by drag an drop) and then double click on the entry. After the expansion (from 1 track into several tracks) it starts to play the second track and not the first one.

Finally just a wishing for unicode support. When I try to play a .cue written in unicode the .cue entry just disappears of the playlist.
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006, 07:39   #38
ETONO

Quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup
Just got 0.56beta and it still shows me the .cue tracks as missing.
Also, when I add the .cue to the playlist (by drag an drop) and then double click on the entry. After the expansion (from 1 track into several tracks) it starts to play the second track and not the first one.

Finally just a wishing for unicode support. When I try to play a .cue written in unicode the .cue entry just disappears of the playlist.
My first question then is of course, did you enable the playlist extention option? It is off by default and neither playlist expansion nor the fix for missing files works if you have it disabled. A known problem is that cue-files inside folders aren't expanded when you drop the folder on the playlist.

On the unicode issue, what kind of unicode is it? UTF8 I assume, UTF16 will not work. Do you have a copy of the offending cue-file so I can have a look at it?
Old 23rd November 2006, 21:15   #39
upsfeup

Quote:
My first question then is of course, did you enable the playlist extention option? It is off by default and neither playlist expansion nor the fix for missing files works if you have it disabled.
I check the preferences and turned on the option. After restarting winamp the problem persists.

(In one of the times I tryed to choose the option, when pressing the OK button the option screen would go blank/empty and a window called Cue Player would appear on the taskbar. For every time I pressed OK another window would appear - since then I was not able to replicate the problem)

Quote:
On the unicode issue, what kind of unicode is it? UTF8 I assume, UTF16 will not work. Do you have a copy of the offending cue-file so I can have a look at it?
Unfortunately I deleted the file!

But other strange thing happened with another file encoded in Unicode. Although the file is loaded, the names that appear on the playlist is just garbish. This .cue file is attached.

My mistake.. the encoding is UTF-8. If I change to unicode and save the file, it is simply not loaded.

By the way.. is there any caching done? If I make changes on the .cue file I have to rename the file because if I don't then I don't see the changes made.
Attached Files
File Type: rar unicode-cue.rar (1.2 KB, 1217 views)
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 22:34   #40
ETONO

Quote:
I check the preferences and turned on the option. After restarting winamp the problem persists.
I assume you are talking about the missing files / playlist extensions. That was really funny. Which version of windows are you running? Winamp version? No error messages when you load winamp? You haven't removed gen_cue.dll from the plugin folder?

The problem could have been the message box asking you to restart winamp that somehow wasn't displayed on top, but instead got minimized. Can look into it.

Quote:
My mistake.. the encoding is UTF-8. If I change to unicode and save the file, it is simply not loaded.
I assume you are talking about notepad, and changing it from UTF8 to Unicode in the save options. Unicode in notepad is in fact UTF16 or at least some kind of 2 byte unicode. UTF8 should load the files but will be unable to show them properly. I haven't come across any 2 byte cue-files, but if you all think it is frequently encountered I could add it to the todo list just after making the entire plugin unicode-aware. Currently only the FLAC-part uses wide-strings but it must convert back to whatever encoding I use when Winamp queries.

I currently don't have my stuff with me so the development has been kinda on hold.

Yes, it caches.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion