Old 29th March 2008, 18:54   #1
costi07

Send a message via Yahoo to costi07
Enqueue

First I want to apologize for my English, 2'nd, if my problem isn't a bug or something like that (I searched in the option and I didn't find anything ).
If I enqueue a song and I press the "b" aka "next", the enqueued song will play BUT he remain enqueued until I press the next button from main window... it's quite annoying
costi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 20:38   #2
DrO

reproduced and is due to core changes in winamp which are now preventing my code in gen_jumpex (which adds that feature) from knowing the 'B' key has been pressed.

no idea on when this will be fixed since i pretty much have little time to do any coding at the moment and there's bigger issues with the plugin that need to be fixed over this.

as a workaround clicking the next button or using a global hotkey will still allow it to work correctly. lame solution i know but that's the best i can offer for the time being with a non-stable codebase at the moment.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 20:46   #3
costi07

I reinstall winamp because he doesn't start anymore, later had proved that a unsuccessuful instal of SP3 had created that problem.. before, I hadn't this problem.. if I uninstal winamp.. clean the registry and reinstall it can solve something :-/ (now the sp3 is proper installed)
Old 29th March 2008, 21:01   #4
DrO

i can't comment about xp sp3 issues since i pretty much only work with win2k.

as a note more for myself, this problem relates to the 5.5x versions of Winamp (still not worked out when the issue first appeared) and was reported against 5.52 (link). either core needs to be fixed or preferably i find a better implementation which is keycode independant (with wm_keydown being consumed...)

-daz
Old 29th March 2008, 21:10   #5
costi07

I hope you realized that I haven't programing knowledge, but I understood that you work to solve it. I don't understand why you feel "frustrated" because of this "bug", no problem I can live whit that ), I can say that it's my guilt to.. I haven't proper install the sp3 .. neither the windows isn't perfect :| maybe it's their fault :-?? never know
Old 29th March 2008, 21:28   #6
jano_rajmond

B (next track) shourtcut key problem

I upgraded today to Winamp 5.53 and I found the following problem:

When you have tracks queued and you press the B shortcut key on your keyboard Winamp does not jump to the next track neither does it remove the current track from the queue. So if you have a track queued and press B for infinite times it will just play the same song. This does not occur if you use the >> Next track button on the main window.

(this could as well as be a Jump to File Extra 0.99.2 (Build 430) problem).

Ray
jano_rajmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 21:33   #7
jano_rajmond

SP3 isn't the problem (I think) as I am using Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 and I have the same problem.

I opened a separate post for the bug...sorry about that
jano_rajmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 21:38   #8
DrO

costi07: the frustration is that all i seem to do with my plugins nowadays is update them for version incompatabilities.

jano_rajmond: i'll merge your post in with this thread shortly (edit: thread now merged)

on a plus note, i've found a workaround i believe (which is a better design anyway) but it needs more internal testing along with more work on other areas of the codebase before i release a working version of the dll - unless this is fixed before in a newer winamp client (since the issue comes from incorrect processing in winamp.exe)

-daz
Old 29th March 2008, 21:52   #9
costi07

Try to combine the "B" key "code" with the global key "code" but to work only when a winamp window is selected :-??
If it's a big stupidity please ignore me

now I activated the bar control and it's better..
Old 6th April 2008, 15:26   #10
nhpeacenik

Right-click/Enqueue selection disabled

Since upgrading to the Winamp 5.53 (x86) I have been unable to enqueue selections from a library using right click and enqueue selection. The menu option "enqueue selection" is present, but the function doesn't work. I realize I can drag and drop tracks, but this is not my habitual way of working. Was this feature removed on purpose or by mistake? Will it be reinstated? I apologize if someone else has noted this problem; I simply couldn't think of a way to search the forum for it.
nhpeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 16:31   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@nhpeacenik

That's because you need to upgrade to 5.531, where that issue is fixed :-)

Winamp 5.531
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Broken right-click context menu items (5.53-specific)
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 17:45   #12
nhpeacenik

I don't see an option to download version 5.531 anywhere on the site
nhpeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 19:36   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=289111

Even though the main download page and the filenames still say 5.53, it was changed to 5.531 on April 1st. Since it was a minor update patch, released only a few days after the main release, we decided that it didn't warrant any site changes.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 06:48   #14
Bryan84

But even in 5.531, it didn't seem like this is fix to me. =X
Bryan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 08:48   #15
DrO

the enqueue issue isn't fixed in 5.531 for jtfe. the reference to 5.531 is about a fix for ml_playlists and a different enqueue mode in that which was broken.

-daz
Old 19th May 2008, 09:26   #16
pstanton

any fix in the pipeline?
pstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2008, 23:16   #17
DrO

whenever i find the time inbetween everything else that i've got to do - the jtf plugin is pretty much a dead project as i view it at the moment.

-daz
Old 26th October 2008, 08:43   #18
quentin

hey DrO
i remember following the development of your jump to file plugin a few years ago and it was great seeing it as an official plugin and i've been using it so f... much the last years, unbelievable.

today, i tried installing winamp with the media library because i finally wanted to try it out with song ratings etc.. and now i experience the "b" problem haha... global hotkeys is still a workaround, but damn does the winamp library suck. so much for venting!

anyhow i'm switching back to old school usage and just wanted to thank you again for the plugin
quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 06:51   #19
pstanton

it's fixed in the latest (5.551)
pstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports