Temporary solution (until AVG fixes their virus definitions):
1. Re-install latest version of Winamp.
2. Right-click AVG icon in lower-right corner of screen.
3. Click Open AVG User Interface.
4. Click the Tools menu, then click Advanced Settings.
5. Click Exceptions under the Resident Shield section.
6. Click Add Path.
7. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Winamp (or the path where you've installed Winamp)
8. Click OK.
9. Click OK.
10. Run Winamp.
EDIT: Moderator: I cross-posted this guide in hopes of helping other users having problems with AVG and false positives. The original post is located at http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....05#post2414705
- Please feel free to delete this repost.