Old 29th April 2000, 18:59   #1
rp

Recently upgraded to 2.62 - and before when I put in an audio CD - Winamp would come up, CDDB would get checked, playlist would come down, and CD would play. Now it doesn't bring up the CD. If I put a ckeck in the box "associate with audio CD's", when I come back, the box is blank. When I manually load the trax - CDDB comes up after a bit saying "connection failed" yet I'm constantly connected via ADSL. Can't figure out why this won't work - I've looked everywhere on my system - auto notification for the CD drive etc. - all seems to be well. Any clues?? Anyone else with this problem??
Old 29th April 2000, 23:40   #2
itipton

Send a message via ICQ to itipton
I am having the identical problem. I had the same problem with the previous version and it continues with 2.62. I emailed tech support with no response. I *really* like to get this fixed.

Quote:
Originally posted by rp:
Recently upgraded to 2.62 - and before when I put in an audio CD - Winamp would come up, CDDB would get checked, playlist would come down, and CD would play. Now it doesn't bring up the CD. If I put a ckeck in the box "associate with audio CD's", when I come back, the box is blank. When I manually load the trax - CDDB comes up after a bit saying "connection failed" yet I'm constantly connected via ADSL. Can't figure out why this won't work - I've looked everywhere on my system - auto notification for the CD drive etc. - all seems to be well. Any clues?? Anyone else with this problem??

[Edited by Jayn on 12-18-2000 at 11:11 PM]
itipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2000, 00:19   #3
Tom

I'm not sure if this will work but I'll take a shot.
First Open Winamp
Press Ctrl + P
Click on "File Types"
Highlight both "CDA" and "cda"
Make sure there is a check mark next to "Regisiter File Types on Winamp Start"
Now click on "Agent"
Put a check nest to "Enable Agent" and "Maintain File Associations"
Restart you computer (sometimes they need to do this so the settings can take effect)

I think that might cover the CD playing aspect, what operating system are you guys using?

As for your CDDB problem check this real quick.
Open Winamp
Press Ctrl + P
Click "Input"
Is there a plugin called "CD Reader"?

Just get back to me if it worked and the OS and if you have the plugin, I might be able to come up with something else.

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2000, 11:29   #4
etcher

I'm glad someone else is having this problem also. The only problem that I am having is getting CDDB to work. I have tried configuring cd reader different ways, but I still get "CDDB connection failed".

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Old 30th April 2000, 19:07   #5
Tom

Okay to get the CD Reader to work just change the address to the following: cddb.cddb.com for some reason CDDB decided they were going to switch servers so as a direct result we have to make that swtich.

Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2000, 17:03   #6
rp

Tried everything you said - they were actaully already checked etc. - but still doesn't work.

Yes, I do have the pluggin, and I'm using Win 95

Thanks RP

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
I'm not sure if this will work but I'll take a shot.
First Open Winamp
Press Ctrl + P
Click on "File Types"
Highlight both "CDA" and "cda"
Make sure there is a check mark next to "Regisiter File Types on Winamp Start"
Now click on "Agent"
Put a check nest to "Enable Agent" and "Maintain File Associations"
Restart you computer (sometimes they need to do this so the settings can take effect)

I think that might cover the CD playing aspect, what operating system are you guys using?

As for your CDDB problem check this real quick.
Open Winamp
Press Ctrl + P
Click "Input"
Is there a plugin called "CD Reader"?

Just get back to me if it worked and the OS and if you have the plugin, I might be able to come up with something else.

Tom

[Edited by Jayn on 12-18-2000 at 11:13 PM]
Old 15th May 2000, 06:28   #7
MitchB

I too have had the same problem with the last 2 versions (I have no problem with the reader). Before Winamp was my default player for my CDs and never had a problem. Now, even though I constantly check the box "Associate with CDs", after I reboot, it unchecks. I even went as fart as to go into Folder Options and assign "Audio CD" with Winamp, but end up with the same results.

MitchB
Old 28th January 2001, 20:37   #8
rumblin

Quote:
Originally posted by itipton
I am having the identical problem. I had the same problem with the previous version and it continues with 2.62. I emailed tech support with no response. I *really* like to get this fixed.

Quote:
Originally posted by rp:
Hello, im new to win amp,just loaded 2.72 that works fine,until i added a plugin,then i had the same problems as you,did a reinstall with no plugin's works great again(check my post wondering about (plugin's) messing everything up)
[Edited by Jayn on 12-18-2000 at 11:11 PM]
rumblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2001, 21:58   #9
mghazey

CD association

Does installing the full version of 2.7.2 automatically install plugins?

I noticed the 'CD association' problem after installing the full 2.7.2 version. I don't remember the last time I actually played a CD so the problem could have existed before I installed.
mghazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2001, 09:30   #10
äÖohnsonÙÞ

I had the same problem when i reinstalled windows 98. it wanted me to install cd player too, but i thought - hey, do i really need a cd player if i've got winamp? so i didn't install cd player. and after that winamp just couldn't see an audio cd. the same situation - checked the box "associate with audio cd", switched to another dialog, and when i came back the box was empty. so i had to reinstall windows WITH cd player... hope that helps...
äÖohnsonÙÞ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2001, 13:20   #11
kermit61

Can Not Auto-Play CDs in Win2K w/ver2.72

I'm running Windows2000Pro and have downloaded WinAmp 2.72(standard). I can not get CDs to autoplay. I see that many others have this problem as well. The "associate" checkbox keeps getting reset to "blank". I've checked the "enable winamp agent" and "maintain file associations" and still it will not recognize CDs. Come on Nullsoft what's goin on here. At least let us know.
kermit61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2001, 00:00   #12
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

It's a Windows thing, not Winamp!

Make sure you've got an entry for "AudioCD" in Windows Folder Options -> File Types
Hi-lite "AudioCD" -> Edit -> Actions : Hi-lite "Play" -> Edit
Command line = "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe"
Click "Okay"
Hi-lite "Play" again -> Click "Set Default" -> Okay

More help, tips, guaranteed reg fixes, etc:
Check this thread from Tech Support Greatest Hits & follow the links from there.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=36850
[RE: "Problems with AudioCD" section]

btw, this problem is usually caused by installing/uninstalling MusicMatch JukeBox p.o.s. (as explained in the links in the TSGH thread)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support