Old 9th June 2000, 02:59   #1
southpaw

I too am suffering from the "MMSYSTEM002 A device ID has been used that is out of the range of your system" message when my output is set to wave mapper. When I select the other choice listed there, the music will play, but if I try to do anything else why Winamp is playing, my computer will spontaneously reboot. I didn't have this prob when I was able to use wave mapper in earlier versions of winamp. Oh yeah, and the Direct sound won't work either. Any ideas?
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2000, 08:46   #2
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

download the latest drivers for your sound card and install them. if that doesn't work, what version of windows are you using, and what do you mean by "do anything else"? (will typing in notepad reboot the computer, or does it happen when another program tries to play a sound?)
Mr. Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2000, 03:37   #3
southpaw

I am using Windows 98 SE, and I have already have the latest drivers for my sound card. By "Any thing else" I meant surfing the internet using Netscape, AOL, and/or Internet explorer, or using a word processor such as Word Perfect. If nothing else would work, is it possible to get a pervious version of Winamp anywhere?
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2000, 22:51   #4
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

i'll start by saying that win98se gave me nothing but problems. usually of the spontaneous rebooting type.
i have no idea why doing something on the computer would cause it to reboot, other than being on a 98se platform.
i'm sure there are archived copies of pre-2.64 winamps if you really want to go back in time. just search the web.
Mr. Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2000, 04:18   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

www.winampheaven.da.ru
For all versions of Winamp.

------------------
DJ - Egg
^/^
`v
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote