Old 15th September 2000, 23:14   #1
CrispOne

Send a message via ICQ to CrispOne
When I use winamp to play CDs, Winamp plays about a second of the beginning of the track, and then starts over. I had this same problem on my last computer. Any ideas why this is happening?
CrispOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2000, 03:50   #2
demon

hahaha! I register to this forum just to get an answer to that exact same problem, and I see somebody else has it too....and hasn't gotten any help yet.

Well I'll explain the problem too, anyways. When playing a CD (not actual MP3s), any track except the first will usually replay the first half-second or second or so of the track. I think it also only happens if I don't do anything to the song before it while it was playing (such as pause it or move to a different spot in the song).
But once again, it doesn't alway happen (regarding different tracks, not different CDs).

PLEASE HELP! Because this is annoying, and it's my only way of playing music (I dont' have a stereo anymore).
demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2000, 03:54   #3
Tom

I'm feeling lazy tonight so I will just give you a link: http://players.shoutclub.net/winamp/cd2.php3
That should answer both of your questions, if you still have problems, post a reply and we'll see what we can do.

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2000, 04:06   #4
demon

thank you very very very very very very very very very very much. I followed the instructions (which were very well done) and it doesn't not work thank god....I'll play it for a while to see if it solved the problem.(so far so good)

Thanks again.
Old 17th September 2000, 02:10   #5
demon

Okay actually there is a problem, a new one. It fixed the original problem, but now any time I put in a CD it just shows CD Track 1, CD Track 2...etc, instead of the names. It also brings up the whole list twice, so it plays the CD over again (not that big of a deal I can just delete it, but it's annoying none the less).
Old 17th September 2000, 02:56   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

As explained in the accompanying txt file, you need to rename the default CD Plugin to "in_cdda.dll.old"
This will prevent the trax being listed twice.
At the moment you have 2 CD Plugins actively reading the data.

The tracklisting problem is because the CDReader doesn't use the "in_cdda.cdb" as its database.
You'll have to rename this with the ".old" ext too.
The CDReader will then use the "C:\Windows\cdplayer.ini" file & you'll either have to import the data from the old file [with Notepad, eg] or re-download / retype it again.

If you've got any old data stored in the Windows CD Player's "cdplayer.ini" file, you can configure the CDReader to use this database aswell [recommended].
[Prefs -> Input -> CDReader -> Configure -> CDDB tab]
Also put a checkmark next to "Use local CDDB"

-------
DJ-Egg

[This message has been edited by DJEgg (edited September 21, 2000).]

[Edited by Jayn on 12-20-2000 at 03:03 AM]
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2000, 04:23   #7
demon

Well the thing is there was no filed named that, but there was one with a name similiar to it. I'll go look it up....
Old 17th September 2000, 04:37   #8
demon

DJ- yeah the file was in_cdda.cdb, not in_cdda.dll. But I put '.old' at the end anyways and went thru the rest of the instructions.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support