Old 25th June 2000, 21:08   #1
Odds

Hi! I am new at all this, so please bear with me. I have read some postings and realize this begining is kinda repeditive, but here is my questine... I have been using winamp for a little while, and love it! I fired it up the other day and was not able to accaess any of my wavs. I got an error message stateing "Couldnt find destination format"! Very depressing, as I really like listening to my songs. Any ideas how to get back my wavs?
Have looked on pg.4 of posting noticed asimilar problem, "Help error says couldn't find destination format" went to bug reports as suggested by ICE [moderator] tryed to d/l fix, was not available. Is there another answer somewhere?

[This message has been edited by Odds (edited June 25, 2000).]
Odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2000, 01:02   #2
aaron

this is some kinda bug in winamp i think. there are quite a lot of posts with your problem, and until now i've never seen any answer telling how to definitely solve the problem. maybe it depends on the output device; try going to options->preferences->plugins->output and selecting "nullsoft directsound". then hit play, maybe (i hope) it works.

------------------
aaron
aisotton@inwind.it (no winamp support)
visit my homepage!
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2000, 01:28   #3
Odds

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aaron:
this is some kinda bug in winamp i think. there are quite a lot of posts with your problem, and until now i've never seen any answer telling how to definitely solve the problem. maybe it depends on the output device; try going to options-&gt;preferences-&gt;plugins-&gt;output and selecting "nullsoft directsound". then hit play, maybe (i hope) it works.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for your timly response, but, unfortunately it didn't work! Any thing else you can think of? Would love to solve this problem and get back to enjoing my wavs!

Old 8th July 2000, 10:15   #4
Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Odds:
Quote:
Originally posted by aaron:
this is some kinda bug in winamp i think. there are quite a lot of posts with your problem, and until now i've never seen any answer telling how to definitely solve the problem. maybe it depends on the output device; try going to options-&gt;preferences-&gt;plugins-&gt;output and selecting "nullsoft directsound". then hit play, maybe (i hope) it works.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for your timly response, but, unfortunately it didn't work! Any thing else you can think of? Would love to solve this problem and get back to enjoing my wavs!
Hello. I 'm new here.
Downloaded Winamp the other day.
Same problem as Odds.

Also, there's a strange reference to a 'Winamp Windows Media Technologies 4.0 Support' in the FAQ -&gt; Troubleshooting section that I can't seem to find.

Please help with the error message: "Couldnt find destination format".

Thanx.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2000, 15:41   #5
Thomas

this is some kinda bug in winamp i think. there are quite a lot of posts with your problem, and until now i've never seen any answer telling how to definitely solve the problem. maybe it depends on the output device; try going to options->preferences->plugins->output and selecting "nullsoft directsound". then hit play, maybe (i hope) it works.

---------------------------------------
Think I got a lead. But please check it out before you jump in!

Wish the moderators would look into this!

Like I said before. Upgraded winamp just the other day. Downloaded some theme music (.WAV) from a site but, couldn't play it on winamp (same error message as "Odds" got).
Went back to their site.
And looked at the fine print.

It said,
"Remember: RealAudio files on this site will require the latest version of Real Player and most wav files have been MPEG compressed.
If your wav software doesn't support this format, Please upgrade it by installing this software (233k)."

(There was a link to:
http://www.spamland.force9.co.uk/wav/l3codecx.exe

Did what it said.
And then...
Them songs started to flow, baby.

By the way, the site I got the themes from is: http://www.spamland.force9.co.uk

Just 'd like to one thing.
What made the difference, for them wave files to start playing? Especially when I could play the files on windows media player without any problems.
Could it be 'cos installing the new winamp replaces some/all the codecs with older versions?
Would really like to know.

Anyhows, hope this proves helpful.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2000, 21:33   #6
Odds

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Thomas, Thanks that did the trick. went to link and D/L'ed the codec file and wham bam thank you mam I am listening to my wav's again!!!! Thanks again ODDS.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support