Old 14th June 2001, 15:03   #1
daHIFI

Send a message via AIM to daHIFI
I want to play some cdr's that I made over my shoutcast stream. Everything plays fine on the local machine but all my stream gets is silence.

I remember seeing a technical paper on this somewhere on the web but i can't seem to find it now thru any search. Can anyone give me advice on what to check or send me to a web page that would explain it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael Brandon
daHIFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2001, 20:58   #2
Tom

Michael,
In order to have SHOUTcast broadcast CDs you will either need to use advanced mode of the SHOUTcast DSP (also allows all system sound such as email notification to be broadcast), or use the CD Reader plugin available here: http://www.url*****~copah/CDReader.htm (be sure to read the readme with this one).

Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2003, 02:26   #3
Dragnovich

I try the plug in (did the DLL rename of the readme) I can play CDs using the Plugin but Im still Getting No sound at all.... Do I need to set up anything on the DSP Input Tag of the Plug in?? Also Im cant play MP3 files... I try o connect and Get no sound... 15 o more secons the audio starts... SOme times FASTER that the Im listenning All this in my Home LAN, so there's no speed problem.. (trying to broadcast at 24k)... SO WHY IN THE ... I cant make it work...

I Read here ... In order to have SHOUTcast broadcast CDs you will either need to use advanced mode of the SHOUTcast DSP .... Where is this Advanced Configuration ?? How do I get IN ??
Dragnovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 00:41   #4
Darklire

Send a message via AIM to Darklire
I could not find advanced settings either.
Darklire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 00:52   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

I think it should just play the CD through, if you look at the encoder tab on the Shoutcast DNAS, is it set to something reasonable and is it sending data? (look at the output tab). You should see a byte count rolling.

The input tab should have a selection for either Winamp or the soundcard?. Have you tried both?.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 02:45   #6
Darklire

Send a message via AIM to Darklire
CDs work fine for me, and I didn't haev to do anything.

Now I want to get my mic to work.
Darklire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support