Old 11th October 2001, 05:54   #1
jltinsley3

no idea what to do

I am rediculously new and I have no idea how to create a list can somebody help me please
jltinsley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2001, 07:55   #2
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Yes, someone can.
Load the tracks of your choice in the playlist using the ADD button at the bottom of the playlist editor. Arrange the tracks as you wish.
When your playlist is ready, click the LOAD LIST button at the bottom right of the playlist and then click the SAVE LIST button. Enter a name for your playlist after choosing a location to save it to and you're done.
All you have to do now is load the playlist by using the LOAD LIST button or double-clicking your playlist file in Explorer. Be careful : if you move your mp3s, your playlist will no longer be valid, you'll have to build a new one.

Hope it helps
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2001, 08:08   #3
jltinsley3

Thank you for the thread It was short easy to understand and told me all I needed to know
jltinsley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 07:59   #4
panthersyes

Problem with burning

I read up on the lady who got advice on creating a playlist, however, I didn't see any load or save buttons, so I guess I have saved my playlist.

Problem I'm having is, I have videos I want to burn, I click burn from the playlist and it tells me to insert blank cd, I get my list of options, being that they are videos, I choose windvd, then it says I need to add stome tracks to burn first. I'm new to trying to get videos on this, music I can do. Can somebody please help me, I've been looking at all the other linds since 10pm tonight, it's now 3:54am, and I need to get some sleep, so I have given up on going into look at this link, to look at another link, I just need some help with this, Please????.

The idea behind doing this is to get the videos into windows media player, which I can rip it into it, and then sync it with my dell axim, so when I'm doing laundry, I can at least entertain myself. Help me please, I'm desperate here.

P.S. I can redownload my windvd 6 player, if that should help????-I really don't know what to do here and don't know why it's telling me I don't have tracks to burn.
panthersyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 08:06   #5
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

Winamp only burns AudioCDs, it cannot be used to burn videos.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 00:19   #6
panthersyes

winamp burning videos

Thank you drew for getting back to me so quicly.
Old 1st February 2006, 03:36   #7
benaw

http://www.winamp.com/player/walkthrough.php
benaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 16:29   #8
panthersyes

Thank you for the tutorial. Would you have any ideas on how - if it is possible to put my videos into either, windows media player 10 or intervideo version 6 or 7-for the purpose of getting the videos into my ever annoying dell axim????
Old 3rd February 2006, 05:11   #9
benaw

what videos? do you mean like VHS tapes? converting them into digital?

you would need a tv capture card or a good video card. go to your local computer hardware shop and ask them to show you some things.

all you need to do is conect your vcr/video recorder to the back of your comp play it through the comp and hit record with the software that comes with it, easy.

i hope this has helped.

i went back and red the you previous posts i know know that what i just said is no help at all.

winamp will not run on your dell axim i dont think, so you'll probably need to play them using pocket win-media player or what ever it is, tell us what format the videos are in (file extension) is one video made up of one file or a folder where did you get them from.

at this point i am haveing trouble working out where you are getting stuck. if the vids are in the right format then you should be able to just transfer them over and then play them, it should be a simple process.
Old 3rd February 2006, 06:04   #10
panthersyes

winamp videos and music files

http://nsv.stream.aol.com/uvox?cache.../musicparntner

http//www.winamp/com/bin/playlist.pls?streamtype

These are the tpes of files in the winamp library I created.

When I have opened up windows media player 10, I can’t get the file located to bring it into windows media, I have tried to search through my computer, my documents, shared videos, I have also tried windows media to search my programs, winamp, and it doesn’t show winamp under my programs-that surprised me, as it is in my computer.

In the directory choices through winamp, I have instructed it to go save into my music, then I tried my videos, the last two things I’ve done is to direct the file to go to windows media player, and now it is sitting in save files to intervideo. I figured from there, I can burn the videos, then upload the cd/dvd into windows media player, and then I should have it. But there not being found, and they don’t seem to want to save to these programs. I am either missing something here, or they can’t go and save to those programs. I’ve tried to create a file in there, windows media and intervideo, and I’m not getting that to work well either.

When it comes to just music, and not video, there isn’t a problem, well I should say there didn’t used to be, but now there is.

Please help the computer retarded like me?????

Any suggestions???

Thank you kindly, you guys are great!!!, I love the responses back, so I can at least have some hope of accomplishing this task, if it can't be done, then it can't be done, but if it can, I'm doing something wrong and need to know how to do it right.

Please help.
Old 3rd February 2006, 06:49   #11
benaw

those arnt files they are links you won't beable to burn a link on to a cd and then play whats linked to it back in another media player. you need to have the fikes on your hard drive
Old 4th February 2006, 03:30   #12
panthersyes

I've tried that, but I can't get the file to go to the computer. If what I have is a link, can I make it a file to save in my computer.

Or does this explain why I can't move the videos to my computer, and it's very unusual to search my computer and not find winamp program file in the listing-but that's been the case, I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle here, I'm frustrated with this at this point.

What if I deleted my winamp playist and started over, and under preferences tell it to save music and video to my music-Would that work for the purpose I'm aiming for???
Or does aol music, which is part of the winamp, purposefully do this so you can't get into your computer???

Please advise and thank you
Mary
Old 4th February 2006, 06:50   #13
benaw

i really dont think you can do it, well there probably is a way of doing it but your not ment to you could use a program to record it during play back and then burn that file but i do think you are fighting a loosing battle. find some mp3's http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=64964 i use limewire pro even tho it's not recomended now that winmx has been stopped i don't know which one to use. u need to get the files on you comp first using links wont work mate.
Old 5th February 2006, 21:54   #14
panthersyes

Hi

So I assume I'm correct that aol just puts a link, but dosen't make it possible to get it into my computer-I keep scratching my head on that one. I'm a little dense here, is that the way this is working???.

I've used Limewire before, but have choosen instead to go with ripcast and winamp due to the threat of all the legal mumbo jumbo. Limewire scared me away with those messages of "not from a source" or something to that effect, that made me think I could be in trouble if I used it.

So what do you think on both accounts???, Need your opinion this time, if you don't mind

Talk to you soon.

Mary
Old 6th February 2006, 07:24   #15
benaw

Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by panthersyes
So I assume I'm correct that aol just puts a link, but dosen't make it possible to get it into my computer
yes.

Quote:
I've used Limewire before, but have choosen instead to go with ripcast and winamp due to the threat of all the legal mumbo jumbo. Limewire scared me away with those messages of "not from a source" or something to that effect, that made me think I could be in trouble if I used it.
you wont get in to trouble for using it but it could harm your computer.
Old 6th February 2006, 13:18   #16
panthersyes

Benaw-You are a terrific person!!!

I thank you for all your help, you've been wonderful and I appreicate all you do, thank you so much for your help, who would you recommond I go with and not hurt my puter????
Old 8th February 2006, 03:06   #17
benaw

well maybe Shareaza according to http://forums.winamp.com/showthread...;threadid=64964 it's pretty good, i've also heard good things my self about it. but no p2p file sharing programs are gona be compleatly safe. give it a go and see how you go.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support