Old 18th March 2002, 22:16   #1
Andrewlyle666

Can I use another program other than winamp?

Can I use another program other than winamp? I have a program called MixMeister, is there any way that I can brodcast from there insted of winsamp? If you know please email me shoutcast@rogers.com
Andrewlyle666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2002, 23:25   #2
Sawg

Yeah, just use Winamp and the Shoutcast DSP. Set it up to use Soundcard Input, and then set your Windows Recording Control to "Stereo Mixer" or "What you hear"
Old 18th March 2002, 23:37   #3
Andrewlyle666

I have put win amp to soundcard input, Where do I find the stero mixer?
Old 18th March 2002, 23:43   #4
Sawg

1) In the lower right corner of your screen double click on the little speaker icon. This should bring up the Volume Control Applet. Or you can go to Start > Run > "sndvol32" (without quotes) > hit OK.

2) Select Properties from the Options Menu:

3) In that box select "Adjust Volume for" "Recording" and make sure all boxes are checked in "Show the following volume controls:" then hit OK.

4) Now you will be in Recording Control. There you will see several different volume sliders each one with a checkbox labeled "select" under it.
Old 19th March 2002, 01:22   #5
Andrewlyle666

will you check to see if the music is comming through loud and clear then email me? shoutcast@rogers.com

check out
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/album/131/
and click listen now to listen
Old 19th March 2002, 03:18   #6
Sawg

Could not connect
Old 19th March 2002, 22:54   #7
Andrewlyle666

I think I have fixed the problem, can you please check my station, and is there any way that I can talk on my mic over the music like at real radio station? do I just press the "press here to talk" button or will that not work ant more because I am using a different program?
Old 31st May 2002, 15:36   #8
chriswoods

Send a message via ICQ to chriswoods
Dude, you can't post your IP address if it changes... Go to www.selfhost.com, get a user account, then download Shooter (http://www.selfhost.com/shooter101.zip), load it up and type in your username and password from the email they send you when you sign up.

Bingo, now (so long as Shooter's running and has connected to the SelfHost network) people can just type the selfhost domain.

So, for instance, if you signed up with the username andyfm on selfhost, instead of people loading http://66.185.84.204:8000/listen.pls in Winamp they'd load http://andyfm.selfhost.com:8000/listen.pls .

The beauty of Dynamic DNS services like SelfHost (there are many others, it's just that the Shooter client is so small and fast to load) is that people will never have to know your new IP address - the just load the selfhost subdomain.
chriswoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2003, 23:26   #9
Mistralis

Send a message via ICQ to Mistralis
Or just go to

www.dyndns.org and get there 5 free Dynamic "IP Adresses" like

Radio.kicks-ass.net or whatever...

There are many Free Tools which update your account automatically if you're connected to the internet. So you will never miss updating your account.

MFG
Mistralis
Mistralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2003, 02:29   #10
FesterHead
Alumni

Quote:
Bring out yer dead.

FesterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 15:51   #11
Luxdj

very nice but if i want to go to stereo mix or what you hear... it doesnt work... if i use the hercules dj console @ recording there is nothing... i cannot chose something like stereo mix.. there is nothing
Luxdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 15:57   #12
djmastermind
Forum King

Updating your soundcard drivers may do the trick.

-- Michael
djmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 17:10   #13
FesterHead
Alumni

Quote:
"Stereo Mixer" or "What you hear"
The mixer name varies by soundcard manufacturer / OS.

Correctly configured, it'll work.

FesterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2003, 03:30   #14
5th Element

Send a message via AIM to 5th Element
In response to Luxdj

I've just read a review of the Hercules DJ console and it says this:

"Unfortunately, there is no way to control these inputs in the software (no input appears in the Windows mixing console) and the line-in has no level control, which could be a drawback for some users"

Looks like it might not be possible directly, but i have one suggestion. You could try taking a line out from the dj console and plug it into the line in of your normal soundcard. Im not sure if it disables the other soundcard while plugged in though.

I've also ordered one of these dj consoles and i was kinda disapointed to hear this. The only other alternative would be to record your mixes then stream the recordings.

Hope this helps some.
5th Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2003, 10:39   #15
Luxdj

i m just trying out everything so i found out that virtual dj has plugin where you can add shoutcast. you need to update it @ www.virtualdj.com when the program is opened you need to go to record an d you ll have there a polgin that will take you to shoutcast.. you add the dirctory where the shoutcast plugin is ( C:/programm files/winamp/plugin) its named ..._sc.dll
but then you can only stream your musik if you want to talk you need to change on soundcard input. In the dj console programm you need to set recording on mic and then you can talk but only when the music is turnes off... so im still looking forward to find out the problem... i m in touch with guillemot and what they told normally it should work with the windows but i think there is a construction bug in it... i ll update if i got new news...
Old 19th December 2003, 14:29   #16
5th Element

Cool, thanks for that info.

Can't you plug a mic into the front of the DJ console and use the talkover feature?

How have you found the dj console in general? any good? I cant wait to get mine!
Old 19th December 2003, 14:58   #17
Luxdj

Well there is a problem with the microphone... you cannot talk into songs... you will like the console it makes mixing a lot easier and its pretty cool well i got another email from guillemot :
Wir haben Ihre Anfrage unserer Treibernentwicklern weitergeleitet, es kann sein
daß mit der nächsten Treiberversion etwas dafür geändert wird.

Übrigens, bitte zu beachten daß das Zweck dieses Produkts live DJ-ing und
weniger Radio-Anwendungen ist.

this tells that they are doing drivers for the console but usally it was not moade for internet broadcasting....
well i cannot confirm that because the first official release it stood even @ their homepage that its perfect for internet broadcasting...
well we are again the stupid idiots...
lets hope the update will come soon.
Old 19th December 2003, 15:03   #18
5th Element

Yeah i hope so.
Also, where did you find the plug in for shoutcast? i cant seem to find it on that website. I also read that the plug-ins are only useable by people with the full version of the software and that the Herc' DJ console version is cut down?
Did you have any luck using the plug in?
Old 30th December 2003, 01:47   #19
5th Element

Finally got my DJ console, i like it. I also managed to find that plugin, re-read your post and just found it in my winamp folder. Managed to do a live mix/broadcast.
Old 9th February 2004, 22:54   #20
drpeppy

Quote:
Originally posted by 5th Element
Yeah i hope so.
Also, where did you find the plug in for shoutcast? i cant seem to find it on that website. I also read that the plug-ins are only useable by people with the full version of the software and that the Herc' DJ console version is cut down?
Did you have any luck using the plug in?
I got the same problem....

where can I found the plugin??

cheers
drpeppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2005, 20:31   #21
Dj Aaron P

Send a message via AIM to Dj Aaron P
Quote:
Originally posted by Mistralis
Or just go to

www.dyndns.org and get there 5 free Dynamic "IP Adresses" like

Radio.kicks-ass.net or whatever...

There are many Free Tools which update your account automatically if you're connected to the internet. So you will never miss updating your account.

MFG
Mistralis
Are there any which allow you to use your existing domain, or edit it? I.E. I've got http://www.djaaronp.com (which is down currently) but I'd like to use radio.djaaronp.com to connect to the live stream. Is this possible? From what I found, the only resources I could find you had to use their existing extensions, such as kicks-ass.net.
Dj Aaron P is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions