Old 29th March 2002, 18:02   #1
JellyFish

Wild Tangent Visualisations

I've downloaded 2 WildTangent visualizations, but I just can't get them to work!

Basically when I attempt to run the plugin I get a mini-browser screen but nothing happening in it! It just remains blank!

I'm running WinAmp 2.78 on Windows XP with DirectX 8.1. As recommended by the Wild Tangent support site I've downloaded the latest nVidia GForce2 drivers, but nothing seems to work - I just continue to get the blank screen!

Can someone help me before I completely lose my sanity!
JellyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2002, 11:44   #3
JellyFish

Sawg

I'm afraid that none of the suggestions in the URLs had any effect. However by trying to run the visualizations in a standard web browser I was able to see an error message (see attached file). Could it be that I have an inappropriate JVM version? I only got this PC three months ago and it runs IE 6.0.26000 so I would have thought this included the latest JVM?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp wildtangent.bmp (96.1 KB, 930 views)
Old 31st March 2002, 22:27   #4
dylman
Forum King

Internet Explorer 6 (the version packaged with XP) does not contain the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). I suspect this is what you need.
Microsoft have their own reasons for not including it by default with IE6. It's easily obtainable, however, from here / here.

There's no need to tell me when I'm right;
I operate on that principle exclusively and with absolute certainty
dylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2002, 09:20   #5
JellyFish

Sorted!

dylman,

It wasn't actually the lack of a Microsoft VM, rather that in my Internet Explorer options the "Use Java 2 V1.3.1" option was checked (i.e. the browser was using the Sun JVM rather than the Microsoft VM). Unchecking this and rebooting did the trick! Sweet as a nut!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support