Get a textbook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a textbook.

For all of you who hate America and the people who live there, grab a fucking textbook first. Look at the times after the Revolutionary War. Take a good look at WWII. Tell me what you might see. "Oh look! It says that the USA saved our asses!" Also, America has given money to many countries, and you think you have the right to say that we are bullies? "They are gonna kill a guy that's trying to make biological weapons, but he sometimes wears glasses. Would you kill a guy that wears glasses?" You should go think about it, and who cares if he wears glasses.

i wear glasses sometimes, but i perfer my contacs

this smiley wears glasses

me jsut killed the respectability of this thread

::Deviant Me::Last.fm::WhatPulse Stats::Folding @ Home

Comment

Well, are you evil like Saddam? I sure hope not. LOL.

Comment

i'm not, but i'm not so sure about our smiley friend there. i wonder what lies beyond those glasses.....

::Deviant Me::Last.fm::WhatPulse Stats::Folding @ Home

Comment

I will be very cautious. I think I should notify the President (lol again.) I'm gonna go to bed.

Comment

Likewise
            Likewise
            Likewise
            "We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."

Comment

In other words, if Naom Chomsky says it, it must be true . . .
              For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00

Comment

If the American government and media says it's true it is? .
                I think you'd find it pretty hard to find fault with most of his arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Phily Baby
                  If the American government and media says it's true it is?
                  Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that.
                  For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Comment

It's their arguments you're stating.

Comment

You spout the standard anti-war propaganda, and then you have the audacity to act as though I'm the one believing everything he's fed?

The fact is, my arguments are valid, and they are mine. I don't work for the government or the media. I do not even watch the news on a regular basis. I get my information from sources on the Internet, representing a number of different views. I sift through it and try to decide for myself what's true and what's not. If some of my views coincide with the statements that the US government makes, maybe they're true. If you want to be a narrow-minded anti-authoritarian, then good for you, but don't treat me as if I don't think for myself just because I disagree with you.

The fact that you get all of your information from anti-war, anti-American sources doesn't make you right. Tree-huggers don't give objective information anymore than war-mongers do.

Comment

True, I conceed that. Only one of those books is about this war mind.

Comment

Well, it's good to see that you're capable of conceding a point (even a small one). Some people here aren't capable of even that.

Comment

Originally posted by Curi0us_George
                            Some people here aren't capable of even that.
                            this is what's been annoying me about a lot of people, recently.

having seen some of noam chomsky's scientific work, there's no debate that the guy's clever beyond reasonable bounds, though. he's also a very potent political mind, whether or not you agree with him.

Comment

The use of the word 'potent' makes him sound smelly .

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎