• Show
Clear All

• ^I always thought so!

They musta' been fat, folks
    Ooh, Gabardine

Comment

• Originally posted by Widdykats
      They musta' been fat, folks
      Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.

Comment

• $68.43 worth of gasoline, we finally hit four bucks a gallon.
        Spiral out, my friend. You will find your way back to yourself, we all will.
        I'll be waiting, and shall see you on the other side...

Comment

• Even with gas prices the way they are ($3.49 here, last time I checked), it still only costs me less than $35 to fill up, and I can go 300+ miles on that.

I love sport compact cars.
          This is a sig of some nature.

Comment

• LUCKY!! Although I have very fuel efficient vehicles for their engine size and age, they're still 3.0 V6 (25-28 mpg car) and 4.7 V8 (15-20 mpg truck).

One fill-up for both combined can easily cost well over $150 at the $3.799 price/gal., but they both get well over 400 miles per tank.
            Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• Premium Series Barricade and Stealth Bumblebee

McFarlane military figures; The left is an Army Special Forces operator, the right is a Navy SEAL boarding unit

Bug guard for my Mustang

[edit]Oh, that picture also reminds me; I also bought a bottle of that Meguiar's quick detailer spray wax...

Shit sure works good, and it cuts down on the waxing time by 3/4ths over conventional waxing, giving me more drinking time after I'm done washing/waxing the Mustang... [/edit]
              "I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
              "Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz

Comment

• For me, conventional waxing takes almost all day, and now you've just reminded me that I haven't done it this year yet. Thanks a lot; you've just ruined my beloved lounging and laziness.

It looks like you did a good job though; wanna come over and shine up my truck?

Comment

• Sure; In exchange for cash or "favors"...

My car was overdue for once, since I think the last time I even gave it a good wash was before the January accident, and then even longer since the last wax because of the cold weather...

Anyway, I got myself a pair of proper footwear...

Another good ol' pair of Condor desert combat boots... My first pair was getting pretty dirtier because I've been wearing them to work, so I'm gonna use my old pair solely as my work boots...
                  "I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
                  "Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz

Comment

• Yep, PC upgrades:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                    - G.SKILL 2GB
                    - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L Motherboard
                    - Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 650W
                    - XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB
                    - RAIDMAX AZTEC ATX-619WY Tower

Comment

• Last purchased:

- A pair of turn signal pigtail light sockets (I'll explain this later.)
                      - A 10-pack of electrical tape (Good deal at Harbor Freight.)
                      - A 50-yd roll of duct tape that was on sale (Made in the USA!)
                      - A block of Craftsman Red Rouge buffing compound (on sale also .)
                      - Three 7-packs of 9"x11" sandpaper (150, 220, and 500 grit.)
                      - Six 12oz aerosol cans of Dupli-Color wheel paint (black, graphite, and clearcoat.)
                      - A breakfast burrito combo at Whataburger (Nummy.)

Comment

• Don't like your wheels?

Comment

• I think he likes his wheels, but he probably thinks metal silver is a cliché color, since almost everyone runs that color...

Comment

• I ordered my truck with the basic steel wheels for a few reasons: 1) They're inexpensive to replace if they ever get damaged. 2) If they ever get damaged, they're much more likely to bend and buckle than aluminum wheels, thus making it more likely that I won't get a bent drive axle if I hit a curb or something (which happened with my S10 a number of years ago). 3) They don't look as goofy as all of the aluminum wheels that are offered on the Colorados with the higher trim level packages.

Granted, the plastic center caps on the steel wheels DO look goofy, that's easily remedied by removing them. What I plan on doing is taking all the wheels off my truck, cleaning them, sanding them, painting them, and reinstalling them with the new lug nuts that I just bought this evening. Once I burn off these stock tires (205/75R15s that look like bicycle tires), I'll put a good set of BFGoodrich Radial T/A 245/60R15s on them. I think my truck will look pretty sharp after that.

So... last purchased:

Two sets of Dorman M12-1.50 chrome lug nuts (part # 711-345). I had to buy two sets because only 20 come in a pack, and my truck needs 24 lug nuts. :P At least I'll have spares.

Comment

• After a few trips to the tire shop, you'll be glad you have the extras. Sometimes the top of the nut breaks off, and those air guns really hack the nuts up, to the point where you might see one that you want to replace.

I once did the same job you describe on an old Volvo. Worked out much better than expected.

Comment

• As long as you have the right supplies, the space to do the work, and the patience, it's actually not a difficult job. It's just time-consuming.

Also, the Mustang looks good, MnV88.

[edit]
                                Forgot to mention than the lug nuts that I just bought aren't normal lug nuts. They're pass-through style that use a large torx bit (either a T-55 or a T-60) for removal/installation. I'm not going to let any tire shops mess with them. When I need to get new tires, I'm going to take the wheels off my Colorado myself and take them to the tire shop in my S10 to be replaced.
                                [/edit]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎