No announcement yet.

LockedList plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently it grabs the first window caption for that process id by using EnumWindows. I'll look into it. Maybe I can check if the window is a child or not and if it is then skip it.

Stu

Comment

Realised that EnumWindows does not enumerate child windows anyway (that's what EnumChildWindows is for) so instead I'm checking to see if a window has the WS_SYSMENU style set (title bar). Now get the correct caption for Internet Explorer among others.

Uploaded v0.3:

I also documented the ::Unload function which has to be used to unload the plugin after calling SilentWait /NOUNLOAD /time #. Few other changes in the change log too.

Stu

Comment

Another suggestion.

Add horizontal scroll when long name is displayed.

For now horizontal scroll is added only together with vertical one (in some cases even when it's not necessary)

Roman

Comment

This isn't possible because the list box is actually a list view with a single hidden column set to the width of the box. The NSIS InstFiles page has the same thing. Another option would be to have a tool-tip like the InstFiles page...

Stu

Comment

You can use ListView_SetColumnWidth with LVSCW_AUTOSIZE, but I think the triple dot looks better. If someone wants to see the entire line, he could just hover over it instead of scrolling and then seeing just the end.
            NSIS FAQ | NSIS Home Page | Donate $
            "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -- Confucius

Comment

Yeh I agree.
              How does NSIS work out how long the text being displayed is?
              I'm guessing it's not just down to the number of characters...

Stu

Comment

Size of the list view minus the size of a scroll bar. Line 1568 of Source\exehead\ui.c.
                "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -- Confucius

Comment

Yeh I've got that already... sorry meant the dots, but now I'm guessing that the list view control adds those itself anyway!!

Stu

Comment

The list view automatically shows the dots, but you need LVS_EX_LABELTIP for it to show the tool tip.

Comment

Thanks found that in Ui.c too. Very neat that it's all provided

Uploaded v0.3 RC2:

Edit: Uploaded again as it had the test executable in the Zip (+50000 bytes or so)

Stu

Comment

Nice plugin and sources

Thanks !
                        My NSIS plug-ins: http://wiz0u.free.fr/prog/nsis.php

Comment

During testing of various locked items, I found a minor quirk. The locking process was detected going away for the exe's, but when I exited explore (brought up inside the target install directory), that was not detected going away. I had to navigate back and then next again to repeat the locked file search to get past it to the install. Also during testing, I ran into an "out of memory" message that appeared in the dialog just before the process name. That only happened once and did not repeat itself during futher testing.

Comment

Paths

It appears that the plugin doesn't try both short and long paths so both need to be added for files / modules that may be in use with either a long or short path. Might be a nice addition for the plugin to check both behind the scenes.

Better still would be the ability to match files / modules in use by file name and then compare the paths to verify they are the same. This would also cover the unlikely scenario where the path is a combination of both long and short. Also, files / modules names can be short.

Besides that all I can say is wow... this is an extremely useful plugin.

Thanks,
                            Robert

Comment

Ah right good find. I'll see what I can do about that when I've got some time.

I plan on adding a 'file name only' lookup for the plug-in as well, and also the ability to simply show windows that have the task bar style set.

Thanks

Stu

Comment

SilentSearch

I just noticed that SilentSearch isn't working when the module is in use by another user. This is on Vista with fast user switching. Interestingly enough, LockedList:ialog is able to find it.

Thanks again,
                                Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X