Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerDNA
    replied
    Sorry, I guess I was distracted while reading the thread, it is now clear what you want.
    Checking HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6.0_33\JavaHome will tell you if 1.6.0_33 is installed or not, regardless of whether other versions are installed.

Leave a comment:

• aerDNA
    replied
    I've made a small script a while back that may or may not be of use to you, depending on your final goal. The script checks if the machine has the latest available JRE installed.
    code:
    OutFile "JREchk.exe"
    Caption "JREchk"
    RequestExecutionLevel User
    !include TextFunc.nsh

Function .onInit
    ReadRegStr $R0 HKLM "SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" "CurrentVersion"
    IfErrors 0 CheckLatestJRE
    SetRegView 64
    ReadRegStr $R0 HKLM "SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" "CurrentVersion"
    IfErrors 0 CheckLatestJRE
    MessageBox MB_OKCANCEL|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION|MB_TOPMOST "Java Runtime Environment is not installed.$\nYou will now be taken to the download page." IDOK DlPage IDCANCEL Exit
    CheckLatestJRE:
    inetc::get /silent "http://java.com/applet/JreCurrentVersion2.txt" "$PLUGINSDIR\JREchk.tmp" /end
    Pop $0
    StrCmp $0 "OK" +2
    MessageBox MB_RETRYCANCEL|MB_ICONSTOP|MB_TOPMOST "Error checking java.com for latest JRE version.$\nMake sure that Internet connection is available." IDRETRY CheckLatestJRE IDCANCEL Exit
    FileOpen $R0 "$PLUGINSDIR\JREchk.tmp" "r"
    IfErrors VerChkError
    FileRead $R0 $0
    FileClose $R0
    IfErrors VerChkError
    StrCmp $0 "" VerChkError
    ${TrimNewLines} "$0" $0
    ReadRegStr $R0 HKLM "SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\$0" "JavaHome"
    IfErrors 0 +2
    MessageBox MB_OKCANCEL|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION|MB_TOPMOST "You do not have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment installed.$\nYou will now be taken to the download page." IDOK DlPage IDCANCEL Exit
    MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION|MB_TOPMOST "You have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment installed ($0)." IDOK Exit
    VerChkError:
    MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONSTOP|MB_TOPMOST "Unable to check for latest JRE version." IDOK Exit
    DlPage:
    ExecShell "open" "http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp"
    Exit:
    Abort
    FunctionEnd

Section Blank
    SectionEnd

Leave a comment:

• ilaiyaraja
    replied
    Thanks slappy.yes.its working fine.but the problem occurs following situation:
    If i installed two jre versions(like 32,36) then familyverision will display higher versions only(36).but in the same time registry will take 32 version.because regedit view sequence order.so there is a mismatch occur.

How to take specific version of JRE?

Leave a comment:

• T.Slappy
    replied
    You can use string value Java6FamilyVersion which contains exactly 1.6.0_33.

Leave a comment:

• ilaiyaraja
    started a topic How to get JRE version using NSIS?

How to get JRE version using NSIS?

ReadRegStr $2 HKLM "SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" "CurrentVersion"
    DetailPrint $2

It will display which version only.that is either 1.6 or 1.7.

But i want to display which version jre1.6.that is 1.6.0_33.I need this version.

How to get this version from register key?
Working...
X