Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoutcast Stream Info On Webpage

Hello,

I'm new to developing websites and i use html and don't know php. I currently am a new webmaster for a radio station and I also DJ there. I am trying to figure out how to display the past 24hr of songs on the website along with a seperat section of what DJ is on air and what song is currently being played. I am also interested in number of listeners tuned in.

I have been trying to research this for days and I don't understand what information I need to do this but have heard/read I need to get a php script. I found a php script but no clue if it is what i need or what to do with it.

Any help or point in the right direction is much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Minnie

All you need to do is add the correct information (ip / port etc) to the script and add it in an Iframe on your website.

if you post more information on how far you have got then you will get more help.

do note some webhosts (especially free ones) do not allow these scripts to run.
    www.streamsolutions.co.uk
    SHOUTcast | Flash Media | Windows Media | Icecast 2 | Content Delivery |

Comment

Lookin' to stream current "Artist - Song Title" to website "having it update auto&quo

I hope i am posting this in the right spot... i have searched site over, and couldn't find where this particular subject was located.

I am tryin' to figure out, i know it can be done... they are doing it at [url]http://www.dirtydeedsradio.com[url]. I am using Sam Broadcaster and Shoutcast Unlimited... I'm wanting to have ... current dj - artist - song title to automatically update on website... What do i have to do, and how do i do it?

I know nothing about php... only html... and i was told it could only be done by php.

either way, I don't know where to get php or find a code source for html to set it up.

Can anyone help with this?

Comment

many scripts here,

edit the php and add your information from your server and upload to php enabled webhosting,

you can then add into an iframe on your site,
        www.streamsolutions.co.uk
        SHOUTcast | Flash Media | Windows Media | Icecast 2 | Content Delivery |

Comment

Originally posted by Nick@ss
          many scripts here,

edit the php and add your information from your server and upload to php enabled webhosting,

you can then add into an iframe on your site,
          ###

there are no scripts here what will show the server title or description or stream title

i.e the information the dj has put in the description part of the shoutcast plugin in the yellow pages.

How can we display this in a web-page please i have been after this for ages..

Comment

actually i think he was asking for a script that shows basically
            "Artist - Song Title"
            the site you linked to does not show this combination
            it shows SONG TITLE but it doesnt show artist
            it just goes to more advanced information instead

Comment

Their are TONS of scripts for this.

Give me 10 minutes, and I'll post some.

Google is a tool everyone should use.
              KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego

Comment

also if your willing to shell out $5 a month, look into amptracker.

Comment

i already pay enough in royalties and stream hosting haha no need to shell out more just to show a title on a page

man i cant tell you how long i was using google.
                  I cant belive i have been broadcasting for so many years and never went that simple route.
                  thanks for the link. im checking it out
                  I do remember there was s simple script i would upload some time ago

Just a php script i belive
                  it basically asked you to edit in your
                  shoutcast password
                  and acouple other bits of info

Comment

Since sourceforge is the atlas of internet broadcasting mythology, I had to plug this.

Comment

actually, here take this thing, you will find what your looking for one way or the other.

Comment

Ok, you got a licensing host.

They should have a tracking server for monitering purposes with DCMA compliance.

Ask them to give you a code to display what is going to them.

That shouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

seems like its WAY over complicated right now
                          im not sure you understand what im trying to do
                          i think you may be under the impression im trying to have some interactive information show up
                          or something with CSS style formating and so on

really no
                          i simply want to show text and text alone that shows
                          ARTIST
                          and
                          TITLE
                          or whats playing via the connection through my shoutcast server

i dont use one installed on my machine here at home so heres no need ro spy amp and anyone to see whats playing on it my winamp
                          take a look here

antifmradio.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, antifmradio.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

youll see a more advanced version of something im using from one of my websites
                          but this is scrolling, refreshes every 30 seconds
                          then theres
                          antifmradio.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, antifmradio.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

this is also WAY more advanced

i simply need ARTIST - TITLE to show
                          no need to refresh or anything
                          its fine if it just sits there until someone reloads the page

Comment

Originally posted by Brutish Sailor
                            Ok, you got a licensing host.

They should have a tracking server for monitering purposes with DCMA compliance.

Ask them to give you a code to display what is going to them.

That shouldn't be too difficult.
                            yea i tried that a long time ago
                            no dice
                            but im reading your most recent post now and the link contained

thanks again for the info
                            you replied while i was still typing the previous message

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎