X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tobbenito
    • Jan 2014

Song request PHP-script?

Is there any easy song request PHP-script? All I need is a easy form where the listener can type Name, Artist and song. Then a script that lets me see the requests, maybe even delete them or mark as played.

Is there any script for it? I would be extremly grateful!! Thank you!
  • tobbenito
    • Jan 2014

No one?

Comment

• sokhi
      • Aug 2011

try it with dsp plugin

help find on shoutcast forum

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
        Forum King
        • Sep 2003

If you really need a PHP request page there is other software that comes with it built in request function just Google "Free Automation Software"

try it with dsp plugin

help find on shoutcast forum
        The Gen songrequester by oddsock is full of security holes See this article http://www.securitytracker.com/id/1004787 I wouldn't use that these days someone could easily hack your PC running winamp.

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• Rolling_Thunder
          • Mar 2015

http://mmrhosting.com sells the request box that is very easy and can be password protected for each dj at $5 a month

Comment

• Unknown Artist
            • Aug 2014

You don't need anything crazy in PHP, actually you can do this just as easily in javascript, Scrape the /stats or /7.html (both usually public)

You might in php start like this:
            <?php
            $url = 'http://www.myradiostation.com/stats';
            $output = file_get_contents($url);
            echo $output;
            //output is xml use php's xml parser
            ?>

or if you use ajax (jQuery or NodeJS or EmberJS or AngularJS) get the stats page as json and poll every once in a while~
            .get('http://myradiostation.com/stats?json=1', callback(data)){};

Or you could use:

As for requests you'll have to script something to handle that yourself, unless you're using something like Sam Broadcaster.
            What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn

Comment

• mattauckland
              • Mar 2015

I actually built one from scratch that sends the request via email.

I then built another script that handles all the email requests sent to the studio email account, and cleans them up, before forwarding them on to our automation software.

That then takes the requests every few minutes, applies a little more filtering, like duplication filters, and schedules the track to play.

What you're suggesting sounds like a form on your website to post the request. Then a screen in your studio to view the requests coming in, and tick them off as you schedule them.

Easy enough with PHP and MySQL.

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
                Forum King
                • Sep 2003

RadioDJ has DEMO scripts that also allow listener requests

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• mattauckland
                  • Mar 2015

I don't use it. I did, but wasn't happy with the latency of the button walls.

I've since gone with mAirList which, even though it's a paid package, is very very feature rich. The FM stations I work with use either OAS Playout (bespoke package), or Myriad.

Comment

• Unknown Artist
                    • Aug 2014

Slight update to my situation, Sam Broadcaster died in a horrible fire of unstable behavior...by coincidence I picked up RadioDJ (I find this a bit funny considering who replied to me afterwards).

I implemented my requests with NodeJS w/ Express and limited them with capatchas (google recapatcha) (so no spam requests presumably).

I have to say I like radioDJ, it took me far less time to setup. I'll probably have the source code up on https://github.com/theunknownartisthour at some point when I simplify it.

Edit: My future project is to kick spam spots using project honeypot, already have wavestreamer source code tweaked to spit out the array of client ips, my next goal is to have that go through honeypot, back to wavestreamer's kick function...should be pretty clean.
                    What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
                      Forum King
                      • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by Unknown Artist View Post
                      Slight update to my situation, Sam Broadcaster died in a horrible fire of unstable behavior...by coincidence I picked up RadioDJ (I find this a bit funny considering who replied to me afterwards).

I implemented my requests with NodeJS w/ Express and limited them with capatchas (google recapatcha) (so no spam requests presumably).

I have to say I like radioDJ, it took me far less time to setup. I'll probably have the source code up on https://github.com/theunknownartisthour at some point when I simplify it.

Edit: My future project is to kick spam spots using project honeypot, already have wavestreamer source code tweaked to spit out the array of client ips, my next goal is to have that go through honeypot, back to wavestreamer's kick function...should be pretty clean.
                      I've bookmarked your Github page. I like the sound of the JS and captcha/honeypot parts of the script.

I know a lot of other people would find that extremely useful as well.

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• Musichotshot
                        • Oct 2016

So does samPHPweb. But there you have to use SAM Broadcast.

See: musichotshot.nl

Comment

Working...
                        X