Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoutcast DSP Plugin and 24-bit input files

Hi

Have noticed something here........ recently started streaming some tunes on a friends 'radio'.

Winamp plays any type of Hi-Res files just fine but it seems like the DSP Plugin cant cope with any input Hi-Res files other then 24 bit/44.1 kHz or so will the output on the stream sound like crap. My friend and i have done some tests and that is what we have narrowed it down to. The DSP Plugin can only cope with 44.1 kHz.

Would be great to hear back from a Shoutcast DSP Plugin 'guru' or something like that.

You have two options:
    1. Install BogProg X-Fade. Not only will it fade your music but it will resample and rescale the music to what the official SHOUTcast DSP needs.
    2. Install BogProg AterKast. Contains it's own resampler and rescaler algorithims and can handle anything Winamp throws at it natively.
    | Opus Audio Codec plugins 2.0 | Embedded Album Art | DiskWrite |
    | Save your playlist first! | Live voice-over | X-Fade 2.5 |
    | AterKast (Source DSP) | More of my stuff... |

Comment

I can confirm that 2.3.5 version of shoutcast can't broadcast properly 48 khz files. The solution for me was to go back to the 2.3.4 version, which can broadcast 48 khz files without any problem.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎