Yet another dualscreen thread. Questions, thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Siorai
    • May 2010

Yet another dualscreen thread. Questions, thoughts...

Okay, I've been messing with this dual screen thing, for quite some time, just like everyone else on here it seems.

Here's -my- situation. I have 2 monitors sitting side by side, close to the same size, one's an Acer (my CPU monitor, 1920x1080 native), and my roomate's TV that I use on occasion, Samsung, tops out at 1440x900.

Hardware specs are as follows:

CPU : Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0 @ 4.0
    Ram : OCZ 4gb 1333 @ 2000
    GPU : 2 x Asus ENGTX 260's 896 mb (1792 mb total)

Software

Winamp 5.572
    Milkdrop Version (whatever came with 5.572, lol)
    Video Driver: 257.15 (beta)
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Basically, I just want to stretch my visualization across both of my screens. Not duplicate it. I'd love to see this work in full screen mode, again, across both of my screens. As it stands, I have to use windowed mode, and stretch it across both.

This does in fact, work, and so long as I don't use completely maxed out settings, I can max out my refresh rate on both screens (60), so, it definately does the trick.

I'm just wondering if there's another way to do this? The border is anoying, and I'd love to be able to just double click, and viola, no resize, no nothing.

Any ideas?
  • 9svn6
    • Nov 2001

I am having the same problem with Milkdrop with my nVidia card. My screen savers span fine and they are very basic I don't see why Milkdrop wouldn't be able to do the same.

Comment

• Siorai
      • May 2010

Yeah, basically, I think I'm just stuck with the fake full screen, I believe it's something to do with the way windows vista/7 deals with dual screens, something about the WDDM or something to that effect.

Interestingly enough, I -just- picked up another 21.5 inch 1920x1080 LCD screen, and the spanning works wonderfully. I'm probably going to snag another pair of them soon enough, and later on down the line, another PSU (my 750w will probably choke on 3 GTX 260s >.>), and, naturally, a third GTX 260.

Milkdrop at 5760x2160 hanging from the ceiling anyone? I think so. XD

Yes, I know this sounds overkill, but I'm pretty big on my winamp viz, and to be honest, it's the primary reason why I blew 3500 on my build 2 years anyway.

Comment

• 9svn6
        • Nov 2001

My nVidia control panel doesn't have span in Windows 7 how are you spanning yours?

Comment

• Siorai
          • May 2010

I don't know if it's specifically called 'spanning' but I can SS it once I get home.

I'm even tempted to install windows XP 64bit just to get the expanded desktop back, and then mess around with it that way, hmmm.

Comment

• 9svn6
            • Nov 2001

Expanded desktop is 2 separate screens, spanning mode is one screen on both monitors. Spanning works in xp but not vista or windows 7 due to wddm being extremely fail lol.

Comment

• Siorai
              • May 2010

see, now that's what I thought, so, I'm going to have to figure something out, or else just dual boot to XP. I gotta have my fullscreen milkdrop, what I'm wondering is, does anyone know if this actually -works- before I go running out and trying this ?

Comment

• 9svn6
                • Nov 2001

I would go back to xp but I need TRIM for my SSD. I have just been stretching milkdrop across both monitors manually but I still get a little line from the winamp skin.

Comment

• Siorai
                  • May 2010

See, I have a spare 40 gig HD sitting around at my place, so, I'm just going to put XP on that and see how that'll work.. hmm project for this weekend? I THINK SO

Comment

• 9svn6
                    • Nov 2001

Span mode works in xp so it will work

Comment

• Kogitsune
                      • Aug 2010

I know I probably shouldn't try to bring attention to a thread I made, but it has to be easier than installing windows on another hard drive just to get multiple monitors working ( assuming a standard setup where both monitors are the same resolution ).

Posting general comments about the MilkDrop plug-in for Winamp here! If you have a bug report or troubleshooting question, a feature request, or want to share a preset you've made, please use that specific <b>SUB-Forums</b> instead of this one!

It's a simple program ( source available ) that makes milkdrop take up all available screens.

Comment

Working...
                      X