Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milkdrop vs/and AVP

Honest, I searched the forums first !!!
    First, when I tried installing milkdrop latest version, it would not "see" my directory to enable the continue/install button. I was however able to install to a different computer and appear to have successfully moved the necessary files. Could it be I have win2k and a 40gig single partition drive ???

Getting past that, md wants to run in a window its own instead of inside the avs (sorry, avs is still hard for me to understand). Is there a way to get it to run inside the avs ? I like the md graphics better than the defaults in the new winamp avs. thanks.

You'll need what I believe is called the Classic Visualisation Component for wA3 to run Milkdrop on WA3.

Let me clear things up a little. AVS is the devil. Milkdrop is a completely different piece of software entirely, and once you perceive the true trippiness of its graphical output you will never again turn to the AVS side. So once again, Milkdrop is not an 'AVS Preset', but a completely different plugin.

Cail

Comment

Let me clear things up a little. AVS is the devil.

Anyway, Marsha_Vsp, let us know whether you are using Winamp2 or Winamp3, and if you're still having any problems. Either way, I would have though that the installation should pick up your Winamp directory properly, as long as it's been installed correctly....

Comment

mildrop install

I'm on Winamp3. Actually I didn't realize when I got the popup to upgrade to 2.08a that I was going to a whole new Winamp, but.... I'm glad I did. I completely removed winamp3 several times, re-installed, and DID apply the upgrade patch. When I start the MD installer, it defaults to "C:\Program Files\Winamp", and even if I create a directory called that and use the browse button, the button to proceed will not activate to proceed. I had to go to a desktop (I'm on a Dell Win2k Laptop) to install and then copy the files over the lan. Just thought you'd want to know. (Note the install dialog box says it won't allow you to proceed unless it finds what it thinks is a valid path). Well got it installed in a round about way, but thought folks might like to know. I can provide more specifics if it would help anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nephilim
          You'll need what I believe is called the Classic Visualisation Component for wA3 to run Milkdrop on WA3.

Let me clear things up a little. AVS is the devil. Milkdrop is a completely different piece of software entirely, and once you perceive the true trippiness of its graphical output you will never again turn to the AVS side. So once again, Milkdrop is not an 'AVS Preset', but a completely different plugin.

Cail
          I agree that milkdrop is way cool, that's why I wanted to get it into the avs window. Let me explain......Just like some skins out there fail to include the EQ (truly bums me out when that happens), some may choose to exclude the avs. OR, what I really mean is that Winamp has some components (main, EQ, media, songlist, etc.) that I see as the basic components. I'd like to see all skins address all of them so that you don't loose functionality just because you like a cool skin (my EQ seems to keep being overlooked, pet peeve). Anyhow, it would be oh so awesome if instead of having to start/stop the md pluging, it could simply take over the avs window (which most skins support) and I could use the buttons in the "thinger" to show/hide. In other words, standard skins and interfaces but using plugins. I also followed the FAQ instructions to set the avs visualization to be my win2k desktop (which is wicked cool). So that's kinda where I'm at. Yes, I can hide the avs and start milkdrop, which I'm playing around going back and forth, but hopefully I got my thoughts across. Sorry in advance for the lengthy comment, and thanks, ....I'll be good next time.

Comment

From what I understand, you just want milkdrop to be skinned, using the AVS window skin. This has been asked for before, and has fallen on deaf ears, so I think you're out of luck.

as for the rest of it - you should still be able to use the buttons on the thinger to show or hide milkdrop (I don't use winamp3, but expect these buttons just do ctrl-shift-k).

Also, AFAIK, AVS cannot be displayed on the windows desktop - can anyone else confirm or deny this? I imagine that would make AVS even slower than it already is.

Whenever you are thinking about milkdrop, you have to completely stop thinking about avs. They are completely separate. They hav absolutely nothing in common. Presets from one won't work in the other. It's possible to have both running simultaneously (though I wouldn't recommend it)... anything that you can do in one (skinning the window, for example), you cannot necessarily do in the other.

- Krash
            Eighty-three percent of all statistical quotes are made up on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Krash
              Also, AFAIK, AVS cannot be displayed on the windows desktop - can anyone else confirm or deny this? I imagine that would make AVS even slower than it already is.
              avs can be run on the windows desktop, avs has a excellent fullscreen mode, a fullscreen overlay mode & a ordinary overlay mode.
              batman

Comment

Working...
              X