No announcement yet.

Updates!? Kinda!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Updates!? Kinda!

    I had some free time tonight and pulled the ml_ipod and gen_audioscrobbler projects down from sourceforge. I think I've just about finished with adding support for the newer M4A encoder. Basically, the fourcc for it is different, and so the handling for recognizing valid encoders as well as the logic building the ipod filenames needed to handle that.

    Additionally, while I don't know what's wrong with gen_audioscrobbler in its current state, I used some time tonight and converted it to a VS2010 project. For whatever reason, building from that project allows gen_audioscrobbler to show its settings popup without issue, compared to the instant crash with the VS6 build. Obviously this isn't ideal compared to a real fix though, considering it would require everyone to have the VC100 redistributable files to use it. DrO, I know you said at one point you were looking into the actual cause. Did you end up making any progress by chance?

    Additionally, it appears that Last.FM doesn't care about out-of-order submissions anymore, so my own build skips some of the spam protection that used to protect the plugin from sending up out of order scrobbles.

    A couple snags remain. I can relax gen_audioscrobbler's spam protection, but it still crashes on Vista/7 unless you use the VS2010 build, which is unacceptable for release. Also, the ml_ipod code in CVS is 3.09, not 3.10. I've emailed Abu about this and asked if he could commit 3.10 to source control. After that I'll see about committing the changes. If Abu's busy or not interested, and not able to do a full release (which would totally ok, Abu you rock thank you for working on things as long as you did) then maybe I could at least post a community ml_ipod.dll and gen_audioscrobbler.dll somewhere.

  • #2
    my fix was going to be re-doing most of the AS plug-in (as i had about done) so it's not MFC / ATL dependent (which is where the issue lies with the current and older builds) and targeting it against Winamp 5.5+ only (yes i'm sure that would annoy people but 5.5+ came out 4.5 years ago) so there's no need to then redistribute any CRT dlls since it'd be using the vs2008 runtime which Winamp uses - the end result of that was a 140kb dll with most issues resolved.

    i had also been looking into updating it to a newer protocol specification but i've not found the time or interest to work on the plug-in especially when i don't use personally (and annoyingly i've now just had to go through and change my password due to their incompetence). so it's just current sat in a folder in a half-done state which is off no use to man or beast.

    though maybe i should find the time to get it sorted (assuming i can find the source code after the hard drive crash i had last month) since lots of people are probably going to have issues either way from the security breach by not being able to edit the password easily since that's where the plug-in will crash in most cases.

    am trying to find my code for the plug-in but looks like it's not on the failing drive (or has just gone) or i've got it on another backup somewhere but nothing is jumping out at me currently *joy*

    and a few minutes after that edit i found it along with some other things i'd been looking for as well - must remember that putting a backup in a safe place is somewhere that i need to be able to remember easily, heh. obviously that doesn't mean i'm anywhere in a position to work on finishing it off (especially when i've just had to put all of my plug-ins on official development hiatus) but at least i know where it is now which is better than 2 hours ago.

    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog


    • #3
      Abu sent me the 3.10 source. I'll have a download link to a ml_ipod dll that can use the new M4A encoder later tonight.


      • #4
        And here we go. C++ isn't my forte generally speaking, but I made enough sense of it to take a stab at fixing the "can't send a playlist" bug in addition to the M4A encoder not showing up. Anyone who's interested, feel free to test. No promises that it'll work for you and not screw something up, but it's working for me at least.

        For completeness, here's the gen_audioscrobbler built on VS2010.

        It's not suitable for inclusion in any real package, but if you just want to change your password it should work. You'll need to install the VC2010 Redistributable if you don't already have it.


        • #5
          Hey Daz, I noticed tonight that the CVS copy of gen_audioscrobbler is 1.1p5, while the copy bundled with the ml_ipod 3.10 release is 1.1p7. I was wondering if you had the p6 and p7 changes on hand anywhere so I could roll them into my vs2010 build. Thanks!


          • #6
            i don't have copies of those builds anymore, all i've got is my messed-up in progress version.

            WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog


            • #7
              Ah, gotcha. No worries; thanks anyway!


              • #8
                Great job!But it doesn't work on iPhone4S(iOS5.1.1)

                Great job!But it doesn't work on iPhone4S(iOS5.1.1), Win7 Ultimate and Winamp Pro 5.623.

                It can't find my iPhone. Nothing shows up.


                • #9
                  Correct. The plugin is incompatible with iOS 3 and up.


                  • #10
                    Just made another small update to my unofficial ml_ipod build. When ejecting an ipod while you're playing a song from the same drive, the plugin will now stop playback before trying (and failing) to eject a drive that's in use. Download is still accessible at the same link as before:


                    • #11
                      Just a note that your download seems to work fine for me. I am still on Winamp 5.581 too!