This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard

I believe that there's a sticky post somewhere about this, but I was unable to locate it. How would I assign certain keyboard buttons to do certain functions in WinAmp? Example.. I have play/pause, stop, and track >>| |<< buttongs on my keyboard.

I am using the lastest version of WinAmp 5.

Thanks.
    -- Michael

depending on the model of keyboard, you can use the Global Hotkeys function to set the mediakeys to work in WA5.

options>preferences>global hotkeys...it's at the bottom of the prefs window, just select the action you want, click the Hotkeys box, pres the key(s) you want to perform said task and click add.

this worked on a Dell Enhanced and Compaq Presario (old) Multimedia keyboard...may not work for MS Mutimedia or Logitech.

Comment

Most keyboards support Winamp 2.X. (See if it works when using classic skins).

Try RM-X
      http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=126050

To my knowledge MS keyboards do with With Winamp 5.0
      Also, Logitech keyboards work if you have iTouch 2.15.264. If you have a Logitech and it still doesn't work try this.
      http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1196216#post1196216

And if that doesn't work there is all this shit.

And while I am at it, if your keyboard is cool you may need no extra plug-ins:
      Preferences > Global Hotkeys
      Set a new hotkey, select the Hotkey box and press the corresponding button on your keyboard (SOME keyboards have unique codes for the multimedia buttons, some do not).

[Addition]
      Originally posted by VikingCoder
      So, I wrote my own programs to control Winamp's state - they should work for just about any version of Winamp, I think. I hooked each one of the programs up to the respective buttons in Control Panel | Keyboard. I use Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro, and Winamp 5 Final.

I just called SendMessage, as documented here:

http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp2x/dev/sdk/api.jhtml

Use these programs at your own risk. I make no warranty, express or implied, about their fitness for any task.
      Attachment url:
      http://forums.winamp.com/attachment.php?postid=1203075

Attachment: winampcontrollers.zip

Comment

Thanks, you all.

-- Michael

Comment

The global hotkeys in Winamp5 RC666 are working perfectly with my Logitech Internet Navigator kb media keys without the logitech drivers installed.

Comment

All is working well for me without drivers with my Logitech as well.
            -- Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Sawg
              Most keyboards support Winamp 2.X. (See if it works when using classic skins).

To my knowledge MS keyboards do with With Winamp 5.0
              Also, Logitech keyboards work if you have iTouch 2.15.264. If you have a Logitech and it still doesn't work try this.

It doesn't work with my Microsoft Internet Keyboard (latest intellitype) I't did however work with the earlyer betas. Works fine with RM-X though
              Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.

Comment

Try D/L HotKeys from here: http://linas.info/
                There are a special version for Winamp5.

Works perfect for me.

Keybord: MS Natural Multimedia Keybord
                Winamp: Winamp 5.0 RC666

Comment

The global hotkeys works well but when I have BSplayer on while having Winamp on the Play/Pause button only works for Winamp. When I have WMP on with Winamp, Play/Pause only works for WMP.
                  Thanx

Comment

Just to clarify, my media keys didn't work until I assigned them in the global hotkey properties.

Comment

Laptops have that Fn (Function, I assume) key. Like a Sony Vaio has the Fn key, and someting like Fn + F3 mutes the sound, etc. Is there a way to make use the the Fn key with some sort of software to control Winamp?

Comment

Fn is somthing taken care of at the BIOS level. Windows doesn't know the key wass pressed, or even exists for that matter. (I belive)

Comment

Originally posted by drGonzo
                          Just to clarify, my media keys didn't work until I assigned them in the global hotkey properties.
                          Same for me, never knew that there is any auto-detect.
                          Thanx

Comment

ahm, the Fn isn't always taken care of at BIOS level; my recent Medion notebook needs a program to control these keys to adjust the volume [it adjusts the Windows volume, not the soundcard volume ], but it doesn't handle some more advanced features like:
                            - adjusting the brightness
                            - the screen lock [to just blank out the screen, and unblank it when I press another key]

So I guess there must be a way to make a plugin for this, but it won't be easy ...

Comment

I have a Dell keyboard and the multimedia keys work, except the play/pause button is just play. It doesn't pause the song it just restarts it.
                              Oh, and I cant seem to set them in global hotkeys.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎