This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp Dying! - pt. 2 ?

I heard that Winamp is going to be shut down. Is it going to become Open Source? That would be great.

Evidence:
    The last members of the original Winamp team have said goodbye to AOL and the door has all but shut on the Nullsoft era, BetaNews has learned. Only a few employees remain to prop up the once-ubiqui…

Comment

Nah, I don't feel like reading the whole thread.

Thanks any way, gaekwad!

yay!

Comment

well as things currently stand
        The last members of the original Winamp team have said goodbye to AOL and the door has all but shut on the Nullsoft era, BetaNews has learned.
        is a load of shit since there's still 3 people in the nullsoft team.

as for open sourcing, it's very unlikely to happen due to licensing etc since funnily enough Winamp still lives (the fact betanews has finally twigged onto rumours that have been floating around for months is quite sad really)

[edit]
        and the main point from that thread is that Winamp will only die when people stop using/developing plugins for it (which i know i'm not going to stop doing for a long time)

-daz
        WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

Who are the three people remaining?

Comment

David Biderman, Jonathan Ward. . . . and take your pick from any of these.

Besides all that . . . that betanews article sucks almost as much as the user comments below it. We've already got a current active thread discussing this particular issue, and there's no need for another. Maybe you can't be bothered to read it, but I can certainly be bothered to *whack* this one :/

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

Working...
            X