Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play button at bottom of Media Library&CD tracks (ML 'Enqueue & Play' plugin v2.1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they're not since the predixis button is hard coded into ml_local's dialog resources. however that's a good point about having that as the enq+play button and is something i can look at (though it means i have to use my far more inferior coding skills to override the button, rename it and alter it's action response compared to those lovely predixis guys who have most of it done for them )

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

I doubt that DrO has inferior programming skills. In either case I would still like to subvert, hide, or disable the Play button. Just making it disappear would be quite acceptable. I have already figured out how to skin a constant delay between songs and have an on top stop at end of current track button, and how to get rid of unwanted single key commands (with a little help from friends). So I am on the way to getting what I need. But subverting the Play button and subverting the Play right click menu item is beyond my knowledge.

Comment

ML Enqueue and Play v1.1a

DrO just released v1.1a of ML Enqueue & Play

THANK YOU DrO!
        Last edited by jph6t; 3 December 2006, 18:35.
        #1 Wish - Album Art Config
        #2 Wish - Add Encoded Tag To The ML

I recommend DrO's Plugins andScreen Lock DetectorPower HourShnAmpTrayAmpWinampSwitch

Comment

Yay. No button though. DrO is still fabulous.

Patrick

Comment

the new build is just a bug fix one for an issue with trying to do enq+play when the current song is paused. i'm sadly doing a bug scrub on the jtfe project at the moment so new features in any plugins will have to come after that's all been done

-daz

Comment

Feature Request - integration with JTF options

I notice that the two means in Winamp to enque & play … selecting
              1. “Enqueue & Play in Winamp” on the right-click context menu of a music file
              2. “Enqueue and play selection” on the right-click menu of a song in the ML
              ... behave differently.

For most, the behavior of the file menu version (#1) is driven by the options on the “Shell Options” tab (in the JTF Preferences window)

The behavior of the ML version (#2), made available by installing DrO’s
              “ML Enqueue & Play” plugin, acts the same way all the time … the way #1 would
              if NONE of the options circled in the attached screen shot were selected.

Would it be possible, for consistency sake and functionality sake, to have ML Enqueue & Play’s ML command pull the circled options from the “Shell Options” tab of JTFE?
              Attached Files

I recommend DrO's Plugins andScreen Lock DetectorPower HourShnAmpTrayAmpWinampSwitch

Comment

After thinking about it, the play button should really play a file in place. At least that is implied by the name. I suspect that this is not actually possible, but it can to a certain extent be faked by enqueueing, starting play, then deleting the entry. And Yes, there is certainly a problem that traditionally it meant clear, enqueue, and play. The meaning that I have proposed is actually what most other players do, and there is some value to keeping similar features named similarly.

Comment

ML Enqueue &amp; Play v1.1b

DrO has released ML Enqueue & Play v1.1b

This new release offers no new functionality or fixes other than improved
                  compatibility with newer versions of Winamp ... specifically unicode.

No known bugs with this plugin I don't think, just the one feature request:Thank you DrO!

Comment

Just released v1.4 of ML Enqueue & Play which is primarily a localisation support update for the plugin (see here for more information.

as for the future of the plugin, i've a few things in the box that i think will give a decent 2.0 upgrade of this plugin and should resolve some of the issues people have had with the menu only implementation it provides (but will just have to wait for some dev time to arise so it can be worked on )

-daz

Comment

from some testing it looks like we'll be able to have enqueue and play as a default action for enter or double-click to complement the play and enqueue options on library options page in the media library prefs

just now need to add in support for the ml plugins other than ml_bookmarks (used to test things with), so am hoping to have a 2.0 beta (or something like that) out soon

only thing i will say is that it is likely this addition will be 5.5+ specific just because it's easier for me to implement (and really the old winamp client versions need to die now).

-daz

Comment

Originally posted by DrO
                        only thing i will say is that it is likely this addition will be 5.5+ specific just because it's easier for me to implement (and really the old winamp client versions need to die now).
                        HA Ha Ha DrO... You make it sound like 5.55 is a giant rewrite. Is it a giant rewrite?

Comment

nah, this change has nothing to do with 5.55 and there's only a 5.5+ restriction since i make use of the localisation apis i intorduced to allow for the easy hooking that was needed to get enter/double-clikc overriding working.

-daz

Comment

v2.0 final released 20/05/2010 -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....28#post2665028

ML Enqueue & Play 2.0 Beta 1

Here's a development build of the plugin which implements keyboard enqueue and play handling either via Ctrl+Shift+Enter or if the default Enter/Double-Click option is set to enqueue and play (preferences -> media library -> 'library options' tab).

2.0 Beta 1 (23/11/2009)
                            2.0 Alpha 7 (22/11/2009)
                            2.0 Alpha 6 (22/11/2009)
                            2.0 Alpha 3 (18/01/2009)
                            2.0 Alpha 2 (18/01/2009)
                            2.0 Alpha 1 (14/01/2009)

Changes:
                            From Alpha 1 to Alpha 2
                            • Fixed enqueue and play not starting if the playlist was already open
                            • Better control of the dialogs it will attempt to control (hoping this will prevent it from randomly crashing)
                            From Alpha 2 to Alpha 3
                            • Fixes support for setting enqueue & play as default action when using a language pack (media library page)
                            From Alpha 3 to Alpha 6
                            • Added winampUninstallPlugin(..) support
                            • Fixed random crash with a modern skin loaded and some of the menus
                            • Added some additional checks to prevent enq+play menus being incorrectly added (now playing plugin was affected)
                            • Fixed race condition preventing enq+play not working in all cases (affected my Vista machine)
                            • Added better handling of enter/double-clicking in the ML tree (probably not complete/correct but does ml_local and ml_bookmark ok)
                            • Internal work done towards completing localisation support
                            • Default enter/double-click action is now highlighted in the menus (has shown up how poorly implemented some of Winamp's menus are...)
                            From Alpha 6 to Alpha 7
                            • Fixed ml_wire support (should work ok in subscription & download views
                            • Now won't run on any Winamp client below 5.5
                            • Fixed issue where default action was sometimes overriding what was already specified
                            From Alpha 7 to Beta 1
                            • Implemented ml_disc support (should now cover all of the required plugins - ml_pmp is implemented but not 100% correct afaik)

Notes:

(1) This build should work correctly with the following media library plugins:
                            • ml_bookmarks
                            • ml_history
                            • ml_playlists
                            • ml_wire
                            • ml_local
                            • ml_disc
                            (2) It may not work correctly with the following media library plugins currently:
                            • ml_pmp
                            (3) Some of the menus have had Ctrl+Shift+Enter added to them even though they are not valid/supported so remember to take that into consideration.

(4) I have not done any work in the handling of the default enter/double-click/ctrl+shift+enter action in the media library tree so if it works then that's less work for me but otherwise i know about it (though may be a post 2.0 feature)

(5) ml_playlists has a weird native behaviour in that if there is no selection in a playlist view, it will add all of the playlist. as such ml_enqplay will try to follow this behaviour (mainly because that's the only way to have things working at all)

(6) ml_local support is classified as partial since it will not handle the upper panes in a multi-pane view. the bottom pane or the single list view will work (thankfully they use the same dialog). i've still to see if getting the upper area to work is going to be feasible

(7) just because there is a menu with an enqueue & play option does not mean it is 'easy' to add in the matched keyboard/double-click handler (the playlist view in ml_playlists was a pig as the upper panes in ml_local are likely to be to implement). so please don't make comments relating to it - if it was easy this would have been done ages ago

(8) requires 5.5+ for the new features to work correctly so you've been warned if you try to use it on anything before then!

Enjoy (will see how long it takes me to make a newer build - is a bit like the old days when i was really active coding, heh)

-daz

Comment

Nice, I like testing alphas and betas. Testing and edits to follow.

P.S. Either Nunzio or yourself (if you can) need to fix the mime types on the server, the 7-zip archive is shown as text/html.
                              Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
                              Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.

Comment

Thanks for this plugin! I've tried 2.0 Alpha 1 and found the following problem.

If the default Enter/Double-Click option is set to enqueue and play, and the playlist is empty, then double-clicking on an item in the Media Library will only enqueue the song, but not play it. However, if the playlist is not empty, then double-clicking on the song will enqueue and play it.

Once again, thank you =).

Update: Right-clicking on an item and selecting "Enqueue and play" has the same results.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎