Album Art Viewer Plugin v1.03 (17/12/2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Axer
    • Dec 2015

ditto what djknuddel said.
    This plugin is pretty much flawless except for this. Would be awesome if you could implement a better resizing/antialiasing algorithm, i think lanczos3 is the current best available.

Here' an example:

Left is the plugin, right is faststone max view (most dope image viewer imo) I have antialiasing enabled in fastone (which i believe is lanczos3)
    In the plugin you can clearly see some bad aliasing on her shoe and the stool.

Original image is very high quality, 1500x1500 folder.jpg - none of that low qual embedded nonsense.

edit: one other nice addition would be to change the double click functionality (perhaps as an option) to directly open the folder/cover.jpg instead of the folder itself (if present, falling back to folder if you only have embedded images). So we can quickly get full screen art.

Comment

• Aminifu
      Forum King
      • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Axer View Post
      This plugin is pretty much flawless except for this. Would be awesome if you could implement a better resizing/antialiasing algorithm, i think lanczos3 is the current best available.
      DrO is no longer working on Winamp plug-ins, so it is unlikely that there will be any more updates for the many he has donated to the community. After 12+ years, he has decided to do something else.
      Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.0 skin
      Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• Axer
        • Dec 2015

Oh well, perhaps someone will make a similar plugin with said functionality for the new winamp release.

Comment

• mookee
          • Sep 2011

there is the "wallpaper for playlisteditor 1.3" which brings the albumart of the current playing song as playlistwindowbackground )

Comment

• Aminifu
            Forum King
            • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by mookee View Post
            there is the "wallpaper for playlisteditor 1.3" which brings the albumart of the current playing song as playlistwindowbackground )
            What version of Winamp? What version of Windows? What model of graphics card?

Comment

• mookee
              • Sep 2011

doesnt matter i guessed.. but i have winam 5.63 ona late 2008 macbook pro (nvidia) running xp (whatelse btw.)

!?!

lg

Comment

• Aminifu
                Forum King
                • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by mookee View Post
                doesnt matter i guessed..
                I used that plug-in years ago. The last version of Windows it worked on was XP and it didn't work with AMD graphic cards. I don't remember the version of Winamp I was using then. I was curious if you had different results.

Comment

• thinktink
                  Forum King
                  • May 2009

If the plugin's source code was still available I might've had a go at it...
                  | Opus Audio Codec plugins 2.0 | Embedded Album Art | DiskWrite |
                  | Save your playlist first! | Live voice-over | X-Fade 2.5 |
                  | AterKast (Source DSP) | More of my stuff... |

Comment

• Aminifu
                    Forum King
                    • Aug 2011

Hi thinktink,

The developer hasn't posted here since March 2011. At one point he offered to put the source code on Sourceforge. I don't know if he ever did. Anyway here's the link to the plug-in's thread (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=223756). Maybe his contact info still works.

Comment

• thinktink
                      Forum King
                      • May 2009

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
                      Hi thinktink,

The developer hasn't posted here since March 2011. At one point he offered to put the source code on Sourceforge. I don't know if he ever did. Anyway here's the link to the plug-in's thread (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=223756). Maybe his contact info still works.
                      Context means everything don't it?

I was talking about the Album Art Viewer plugin from this thread, not the playlists one.

Comment

• Aminifu
                        Forum King
                        • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
                        I was talking about the Album Art Viewer plugin from this thread, not the playlists one.
                        I don't think DrO will release that source code. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                          Forum Queen
                          • Nov 2010

My PC with Windows Vista has NVIDIA, and my notebook with Windows 7 has AMD.

On both computers I saw this plugin working, when I had checked the many beautiful Classic Skins (ugly Classic Skins don't come into my Winamps). I saw it also on one of the both old XP computers from Spring 2004, while it was alive yet, after the first one was already dead since June 2007. This year also the second one of the XP computers has died.

Mostly I myself use the cPro & cPro2 Skins, after I had used only the default Bento from 22nd July 2010 to April 2014.

I hope, such good plugins will be continued and revived some day...
                          Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
                          Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
                          AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• will
                            Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)
                            • Mar 2001

For what it's worth, I always intended this plug-in to be open source (bsd style). I no longer have the source code (or even a PC) so I'm afraid you're going to have to rely on DrO for that.
                            DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS

Comment

• Benski
                              Ben Allison
                              Former Winamp Developer
                              • Jan 2005

Source Code

Here you go. Let me know if you have any issues with it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• thinktink
                                Forum King
                                • May 2009

Originally Posted by Benski View Post
                                Here you go. Let me know if you have any issues with it.
                                OmNomNom...

Comment

Working...
                                X