Album Art Viewer Plugin v1.03 (17/12/2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will
    Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)
    • Mar 2001

Album Art Viewer Plugin v1.03 (17/12/2013)

Hey,

I use classic skin lots, so I made a plug-in which simply shows the album art of the currently playing track in a skinned window. It works in both modern and classic skins.

Screenshot:

Dead simple. Has a nice right click menu too.

Version 1.03
    Download: Download and run the installer!
    Info: link

See http://winampplugins.co.uk/gen_classicart/ for older versions of the plug-in (if required) or for more information about some features of the plug-in.

Requires Winamp 5.64 or better.

Post any problems or feature requests here, but as I made this more for my own personal use than anything else, I might not get around improving this.

Enjoy!
    DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
  • will
    Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)
    • Mar 2001

Just updated to version 0.2.
    * Renamed to "Album Art Viewer", cause it's not just for classic skins
    * New Auto-Hide option, to hide the art window when you're playing a track without album art
    * Uses the standard not found image
    * fixes!
    DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS

Comment

• Juanus
      Major Dude
      • Oct 2004

I was really confused till I realized that classic skins do not have an album art window.

Now I get it and I love the lock aspect Ratio functiuonality. Awesome. I also think it would be great if there was a way to have a native auto size. So that when the album art comes up, it comes up in the actual image size. I have some images that are 500x500 and it would be cool if they came up full size.

Will, also, I want to thank you for all of the great work that you do. Your skillz are swesome.

Comment

• Nunzio390
        Nugatory Aluminator
        Look it up

• Oct 2002

Great job, Will! Really nice.

And now I think I'll head back to add to my reply in this thread and point forums member "cochese" to your new plugin in this thread.

Again, good job!
        Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
        [ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
        [ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]

Comment

• JonnyMac
          • Dec 2000

Yup, nice one. Very good!

I was going to reply to the thread that Nunzio talked about to suggest to suggest your plug-in. However, by the time I had a chance to do so, Nunzio had already reposted there.
          Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
          Read the Stickies
          ---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power

Comment

• shayx
            • Mar 2008

very nice plugin, i like it.

but here some requests:

Can you make the window free to adjust, it's now free only for the height, can you make it free for width?
            now about the backround color, if you can make an option to choose a custom color would be great.

thank you

Comment

• Nunzio390
              Nugatory Aluminator
              Look it up

• Oct 2002

Originally posted by shayx
              Can you make the window free to adjust, it's now free only for the height, can you make it free for width?
              now about the backround color, if you can make an option to choose a custom color would be great.
              What??

1. You can adjust both height and width with no problems.
              2. The color matches whatever skin you use it with.

I know both the above for a fact to be true, since I'm using the plugin myself.

So... either you are dreaming or something is seriously borked. If the latter, remove the plugin and then reinstall it. If that doesn't help then something else you've added to your Winamp installation is seriously interfering with the plugin's functionality, in which case, perform a completely clean install of Winamp, following these clean install instructions exactly. Then, reinstall the plugin and all should be well.
              Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
              [ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]

Comment

• JonnyMac
                • Dec 2000

@shayx

Are you using any modern skins? Some modern skins, including Winamp Modern and (Big) Bento, have album art support built in. Depending on the skin you are using it can be too easy to confuse the plug's art window with the skin's art Window.
                Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
                Read the Stickies
                ---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power

Comment

• pjn123
                  Major Dude
                  • Jan 2006

How to include the Winamp AlbumArt window in all ModernSkins.

Open this file:
                  C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\freeform\xml\winamp\cover\cover.xml

Then replace the text with this (open with Notepad)
                  code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
                  <WinampAbstractionLayer version="0.7">
                  <elements>
                  <bitmap id="winamp.cover.notfound" file="notfound.png"/> <!-- 120x120 px -->
                  <bitmap id="winamp.cover.notfound.60" file="notfound60.png"/> <!-- 60x60 px -->
                  <bitmap id="winamp.cover.notfound.90" file="notfound90.png"/> <!-- 90x90 px -->
                  </elements>

<groupdef id="albumart.hack" name="Album Art" register_autopopup="1">
                  <AlbumArt fitparent="1" move="1"/>
                  </groupdef>

</WinampAbstractionLayer>

All your skins will now have the Winamp AlbumArt window
                  No need for extra plugins.
                  ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
                  Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums

Comment

• Nunzio390
                    Nugatory Aluminator
                    Look it up

• Oct 2002

The above XML hack indeed works very well for modern skins, so KUDOS to you, pjn123, for supplying the hack.

But Will's Album Art Viewer Plugin (this thread) supplies album art for every skin, including both modern and classic, which IMHO is preferable.

Also take note of the fact that with Will's plugin, if Album Art is ticked/checked in the right-click menu list options, that when you change skins (modern or classic), it remains that way, and the album art window "remembers" that it needs to be shown. With your XML hack for modern skins, it becomes UNchecked/UNticked when you change skins and then needs to be selected again.

ORB Remote Broadcast

Comment

• jph6t
                      Major Dude
                      • May 2004

Winamp v5.5+ Common Requests

Originally posted by DJ Egg
                      Commonly requested features taken from all of the 5.5 beta/final threads. Feedback is welcome, though there's no need to keep making requests for any of these:
                      • Album Art window for classic skins (if possible?)
                      I guess it is possible!

I was just told about your plugin will. This addition snuck by me.
                      Thank you from another Classic Skin user!

... recommending your plugin via my signature.
                      Last edited by jph6t; 29 March 2008, 16:46.
                      #1 Wish - Album Art Config
                      #2 Wish - Add Encoded Tag To The ML

I recommend DrO's Plugins andScreen Lock DetectorPower HourShnAmpTrayAmpWinampSwitch

Comment

• jph6t
                        Major Dude
                        • May 2004

Width Contraint

Originally posted by Nunzio390
                        1. You can adjust both height and width with no problems.

I know both the above for a fact to be true,
                        since I'm using the plugin myself.
                        shayx might be hitting the horizontal constraint of the Album Art window, and thus
                        it seems to him that he can't adjust the width. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you
                        can't make the window any narrower than the width of the main Winamp window.

I recommend DrO's Plugins andScreen Lock DetectorPower HourShnAmpTrayAmpWinampSwitch

Comment

• jph6t
                          Major Dude
                          • May 2004

Feature Request – Use Empty Space &amp; Add Small Details

So like will, I too use the Classic Skin.
                          As such, I have added the Album Art window to Winamp as pictured below:

I open/close the ML (on the left) when I need Winamp to take up less real estate
                          … thus leaving those windows most important to playback (the main player,
                          the Playlist, and now Album Art) still visible (on the right).

You’ll notice that with the Album Art window sized small like I have it there is a lot
                          of unused real estate in the window. (Note that the “Lock Aspect Ratio” option is selected to prevent the picture from getting all distorted). Now granted, I could increase the height of the Album Art window until the picture fills the window completely. But this by consequence would severely reduce the height of the Playlist, and in turn limit it’s ability to serve its purpose in arranging/viewing upcoming tracks.

So here is my suggestion …

Please provide an option to display the Album Art in a manner similar
                          to the ML SmartView’s “Small Details” Pane Option for the Album pane.

I photoshoped the following image to show what I was envisioning:

Not only would such an option be useful and make use of the current empty space
                          ... I think it would make for a more visually appealing presentation.

Note that such an option could force the Album Art window as a whole to its smallest possible size ... so as to reduce the design challenges that would arise if adding the text to a window (and art) that were variable in size. Thus the only way a user could vary the size of the Album Art window (and display larger Album Art pictures), would be to uncheck this newly proposed option.

Thank you for your consideration!
                          Last edited by jph6t; 29 March 2008, 19:04.

Comment

• jph6t
                            Major Dude
                            • May 2004

Re: Feature Request – Use Empty Space &amp; Add Small Details

Originally posted by jph6t
                            Please provide an option to display the Album Art in a manner similar
                            to the ML SmartView’s “Small Details” Pane Option for the Album pane.
                            Huh, I thought I had come up with a pretty good idea (technical feasibility aside).
                            I'm surprised it didn't generate any comments or support.

Comment

• heribert
                              • Nov 2007

Great plugin and very useful. Just what i was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X