Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winamp 5.7 Beta 13, build 3444 (with Winamp Cloud Beta)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally Posted by dstudd View Post
    Hmmm, It looks like I spoke too soon. The DFX bug is still with us. Less frequently than previously, but still randomly crashing Winamp when you least expect it.
    did it generate a crash report? is more out of interest to see if it's the same issue i've been seeing in the crash reports. though really this is something DFX need to fix as it's out of our hands assuming they've not made updated versions which do fix it and you're just using an older version of their plug-in.
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

    Comment


    • Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
      Is there a way to hide or remove the "Winamp Labs" from the visible side menu or even better make it optional on installation?
      and to add to Juanus's reply, it's so we can eventually provide a more visible way to remind people using beta builds about updates and fixes - as there's too many people still using the first beta build (based on the crash reports still coming through) despite the updates since then.

      how / what it'll end up being like i don't know and i know that some people are going to curse the option. if so then don't use the beta builds, but this node is better than the alternative which was internally suggested.

      by deciding to install a beta build, it's fair i think to provide a visual indication that it is a beta / labs build and a way to keep that in people's minds to look for updates. if not liked, then once again, you don't have to install it and can just keep with the 'main' releases only as no one is forcing people to install the beta builds.

      and if people don't like it, then you can bitch at me about it as it was driven by one of my suggestions so
      WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

      Comment


      • Originally Posted by DrO View Post
        did it generate a crash report? is more out of interest to see if it's the same issue i've been seeing in the crash reports. though really this is something DFX need to fix as it's out of our hands assuming they've not made updated versions which do fix it and you're just using an older version of their plug-in.
        Hi DrO,

        Yes it did generate a crash report (attached), which was emailed to 'winamp error feedback'.
        I'm currently using DFX Audio Enhancer v11.109 (Latest Version), with Winamp v5.7.0.3381 ßeta 6.

        I hope this helps.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • can you go to preferences -> plug-ins and check 'Disable SEH for DSP plug-ins (useful for plug-in developers)' and the next time it crashes, attach the report (the one you've attached is consistent with the ones i've been looking at). if that is already checked then is nothing else to do as all i can see is something is trying to update a value in the registry, but what i cannot determine from the stack dump.
          WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

          Comment


          • Not sort in library.
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • Originally Posted by molecular View Post
              Alphabetical sorts do not include words like "THE". (See many many many many old posts on this)

              Comment


              • When open setting Matroska Demuxer, Flash Video Decoder in "Input", you get crash Winamp

                PS: Will Winamp developed for Windows 8 Modern UI or for iOS?
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • it's a bug in the language pack as it's not been updated to be compatible with all of the string changes made in v5.7.

                  with all of the Winamp Cloud work going, there's unlikely (if it is even going to happen) to be native Windows 8 and iOS apps. and both would require starting from scratch which means you'd be looking at a few years to get a stable app.
                  WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

                  Comment


                  • Originally Posted by DrO View Post
                    can you go to preferences -> plug-ins and check 'Disable SEH for DSP plug-ins (useful for plug-in developers)' and the next time it crashes, attach the report (the one you've attached is consistent with the ones i've been looking at). if that is already checked then is nothing else to do as all i can see is something is trying to update a value in the registry, but what i cannot determine from the stack dump.

                    I have Disabled SEH for DSP plug-ins as you suggested. Here is the next crash info.
                    It has also been emailed via the usual means.

                    Winamp client version: 5.7 build 3381 Beta
                    winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
                    in module dsp_dfx.dll at 0023:04907d13.

                    Exception handler called in Winamp
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • ironically it offers even less information other than it's ending up crashing in dfx. best thing to do is to try to contact them and see if there's anything they can offer on the matter as i'm not able to determine the point of issue in their dll.
                      WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

                      Comment


                      • Originally Posted by DrO View Post
                        ironically it offers even less information other than it's ending up crashing in dfx. best thing to do is to try to contact them and see if there's anything they can offer on the matter as i'm not able to determine the point of issue in their dll.
                        The matter has been raised with DFX. Awaiting an outcome from request #277.

                        Comment


                        • Winamp 5.7 Beta 7, build 3381 to 3392 changelog

                          * Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Transfers fail if <Albumartist> contains illegal characters

                          - Fixed Prefs dialog staying offscreen when last monitor/position it was on is no longer valid

                          - Also save last position of Alt+3 & Ctrl+E dialog windows

                          - [Beta-builds-only] Attempt to load gen_crasher.dll first
                          (so we can hopefully catch any crashes which were missed when other gen plugins loaded first)

                          - [Winamp Setup] Show Winamp version in About dialog instead of e.g. 1.0.0.1

                          - [Winamp Setup] Fixed dialogs & messageboxes not showing the Winamp icon

                          - [elevatorps.dll] Fixed dll name in version info

                          - [in_mp3] Made ID3v1 tag changes only update Basic Info tab when no ID3v2 tag present
                          - (ID3v2 tag should always take precedence - how long has this 'bug' existed?)
                          - Made ID3v1 tag changes not auto-update an existing ID3v2 tag (these should be separate, right?)

                          - [in_flac] Possible fix for jph6t's FLAC genre issue

                          - [in_flac] Fixed seek-before-play crash (5.7-beta-specific)

                          - [gen_ml] Updated default node order on new/clean installs

                          - [gen_ml] Force drawing update of header when changing the cloud column status

                          - [ml_disc] Another potential crash on cd load fix...

                          - [ml_local] Change "Library" (ex: Local Media) to "Local Library" for main ml node...

                          - [ml_local] Added a "Cloud (Hidden)" string for Customize Columns dialog...

                          - [ml_local] Add files to library: potential crash fix

                          - [ml_local] Also save last position of edit metadata dialog

                          - [ml_impex] Allow iTunes playlist import to obey the 'add to cloud' settings

                          - [ml_plg] Fixed placement of 'View tracks similar to' menu item in ml_playlists to match ml_local etc.

                          - [ml_plg] Fixed incorrect title in uninstall plugin dialog

                          - [ml_playlists] Fixed tooltip in root view > Cloud column to show an appropriate string (Upload playlist to Cloud & Available in the Cloud)

                          - [ml_playlists] Refresh playlist root view once Cloud has become available

                          - [ml_playlists / gen_ml] Various "SendTo" tweaks...

                          - [ml_playlists] Added a "Save" button (for saving any changes without having to refresh the view; greyed-out if no changes have been made)

                          - [ml_playlists] Set playlist name as the filename on the Export dialog (instead of just being empty)

                          - [ml_playlists] Set m3u8 as the default export type instead of m3u, but remember the last filter selection, if changed

                          - [ml_playlists] Optimizations for importing/loading a large number of playlists

                          - [ml_playlists] Remember last selected folder

                          - [ml_playlists] Fixed to not set cloud status when cloud support is not installed

                          - [ml_playlists] Show a message if a playlist source file is missing

                          - [ml_playlists] Various other tweaks/fixes

                          - [cloud] MIME value generation tweaks; Misc database optimizations; Crash fixes

                          - [cloud] Database nuke bump (please wait for 'first pull completed' msg before using cloud features)

                          - [ml_cloud] Store created playlists
                          - Cloud playlists created locally: %appdata%\Winamp\Plugins\ml\playlists\plf***.m3u8
                          - Playlists pulled from Cloud made with other devices: %appdata%\Winamp\Cloud\Playlists\cloud-<uid>.m3u8

                          - [ml_cloud] Fixed updates being saved to wrong playlist file...

                          - [ml_cloud] Fixed playlist updates from Cloud not being processed/saved correctly

                          - [ml_cloud] Fixed cloud icon not being reset correctly

                          - [ml_cloud] New playlist strings: Always prompt; Keep the playlist; Remove the playlist

                          - [ml_cloud] Added "Show 'Local Library' Source" to Cloud Library root node menu

                          - [ml_cloud] Renamed 'Cloud Sources' node to 'Cloud Library'

                          - [ml_cloud] Force library open (if it isn't already) when clicking "here" link in prefs

                          - [ml_cloud] Show logged in username on 'Cloud Account' header in Prefs

                          - [ml_cloud] windowoffscreen support for cloud status window

                          - [ml_cloud] Fixed external windows (eg. Sign-in > Terms) not being skinned in the Winamp style

                          - [ml_cloud] Help menu item now active (Help contents still a w.i.p. - please don't broadcast url)

                          - [ml_cloud/devices/pmp/pmp_cloud] Made 'Cloud Library' node switch between the Sign-In page and an 'All Sources' view (after login)

                          - [ml_cloud/devices/pmp] Added an 'Add Sources' view under Cloud (same as old Cloud Sources view, serverside w.i.p.)

                          - [ml_pmp] Added "Hide Source" to Cloud->Local Library node rt-click menu

                          - [ml_pmp] Crash fix (lang pack related)

                          - [ml_pmp] Fixed Transfer & Sources nodes being removed when removing a Cloud source

                          - [ml_pmp] Prevent right-click menus appearing when scanning

                          - [ml/pmp_cloud] Disabled renaming of "Winamp Storage" view

                          - [ml/pmp_cloud] Added "Beta" to plugin version strings

                          - [ml/pmp_cloud] Changed all string instances of "device" to "source"

                          - [pmp_cloud] Changed "Winamp Cloud" to "Winamp Storage" for new installs

                          - Various crash fixes from crash reports

                          - Various other misc fixes/tweaks etc.

                          Playlist | Twitter | Albums

                          Comment


                          • I think there has been a bug in the installer for a long time. I deselect Detector Plug-in for Internet Explorer every time. It sets 'winampDetectExplorer=0' in install.ini, but it's always checked to install the next time I run the installer. I have attached my install.ini (renamed to .txt so I could attach it.) Also, I use a pretty minimal install, but I always end up with ml_downloads.dll in my plug-ins folder in program files (x86). If I delete it, I don't seem to lose anything. My guess is it is part of something else that I don't install.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                              - Also save last position of Alt+3 & Ctrl+E dialog windows
                              THANK YOU to you, DrO, or whoever was kind enough to see to this!



                              Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                              - [in_mp3] Made ID3v1 tag changes only update Basic Info tab when no ID3v2 tag present
                              - (ID3v2 tag should always take precedence - how long has this 'bug' existed?)
                              - Made ID3v1 tag changes not auto-update an existing ID3v2 tag (these should be separate, right?)

                              - [in_flac] Possible fix for jph6t's FLAC genre issue
                              hmm... is the v1/v2 stuff in regards to the v1 genre issue, or something else?

                              Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                              - [ml_local] Also save last position of edit metadata dialog
                              same thing as first above, right?

                              thx again, I will try to put it all thru the paces on the cloud asap.
                              PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
                              --
                              BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
                              Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
                              Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

                              Comment


                              • Originally Posted by Chris000001 View Post
                                I think there has been a bug in the installer for a long time. I deselect Detector Plug-in for Internet Explorer every time. It sets 'winampDetectExplorer=0' in install.ini, but it's always checked to install the next time I run the installer.
                                that is expected (though annoying) behaviour. if you use the up arrow key when on the components then it'll take you back to your previous install.

                                Originally Posted by Chris000001 View Post
                                Also, I use a pretty minimal install, but I always end up with ml_downloads.dll in my plug-ins folder in program files (x86). If I delete it, I don't seem to lose anything. My guess is it is part of something else that I don't install.
                                without checking, it's likely due to it being used for some of the general download handling of files within the library so it can end up being installed when maybe it's not needed to be cautious. am sure Egg or I will check it out and adjust the installer as needed if it's really not needed based on your install.ini.
                                WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎