X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuisE2001
    • Apr 2018

You can ask everything to the major dude. Come on, we need a new Winamp compatible with every system and every codec.It has the potential, but not the developers, I know.

Comment

• anserq
      • Jan 2013

woot

Comment

• davidradio
        Banned
        • Apr 2018

Where can I buy Winamp Pro?

Comment

• musicf8
          Major Dude
          • Apr 2013

you cant
          Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• Dr.Flay
            • Mar 2013

Personally I smell a mismanaged project with no clear vision, other than to compete with Spotify and iTunes, but with a bonus broadcasting ability.

This new ownership reminds me of when Gateway bought Amiga, hoping that it would allow them to compete in a new market with the big boys.

Radionomy have bought the brand Winamp, fired the Winamp devs and are totally remaking Winamp from the ground up.
            Whatever they release is something that does not require or deserve the name Winamp, as it could have been made without buying and destroying what is left of the good Winamp name.
            They should have just made a front end for VLC and saved their money.

The big advantage of Winamp is the modular design and plugins to provide almost any missing format or feature.
            When the new Winamp is released it will not have any of this backup. All addons will have to be remade for the new APIs.

Trillian messenger has the same fate. Once rich with addons and skins, but now abandoned by all the community developers who did not feel like rewriting all their plugins.
            The product is there, but no community and no 3rd party devs.
            My weekly radio show for nerds and wannabe nerds 15% Extra on Source FM every Friday

Comment

• percywilliamson
              • May 2018

bump

Comment

• Sassmaster Host
                • May 2018

You know, at this point (and by this point I mean years ago now), they should just release Winamp as open-source. Then at least dedicated fans could have a good crack at it, and we'd have something. I mean good god, that "THERE'S MORE COMING SOON" has been up how many years now?

Comment

• musicf8
                  Major Dude
                  • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Sassmaster Host View Post
                  You know, at this point (and by this point I mean years ago now), they should just release Winamp as open-source. Then at least dedicated fans could have a good crack at it, and we'd have something. I mean good god, that "THERE'S MORE COMING SOON" has been up how many years now?
                  Maybe take some time and actually RTFT? Open Source isn't a save all answer, plus there's already a project started to update it supported by a community. We don't need constant posts of people whining about the same thing, it gets redundant and doesn't add to the conversation. Why don't you try reaching out to radiononmy... you know, something actually more productive
                  Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• OffTheMapTravel
                    • May 2018

I think open source would be a good direction tbh.

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
                      Forum King
                      • Sep 2003

You have NO chance of that happening you can say it til you're blue in the face Radionomy just simply don't care for Winamp and won't release the code anytime soon either.

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• Thrakk
                        • Oct 2015

I found radionomy office using street view. Now we just need someone to make a giant winamp llama have it hanging from a noose outside their the building. Guerilla tactics may be the only way to save winamp.

Comment

• musicf8
                          Major Dude
                          • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by thrakk View Post
                          i found radionomy office using street view. Now we just need someone to make a giant winamp llama have it hanging from a noose outside their the building. Guerilla tactics may be the only way to save winamp.
                          yes!

Get wacup

Comment

• Alrock
                            • Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Thrakk View Post
                            I found radionomy office using street view. Now we just need someone to make a giant winamp llama have it hanging from a noose outside their the building. Guerilla tactics may be the only way to save winamp.
                            No... An actual live lama getting its ass whipped until they agree to do something to solve the impasse.

Comment

• old and quite mad
                              Major Dude
                              • May 2000

Now THAT is a great idea.

Officer: Excuse me sir, why are you beating this animal?

Alrock: It's a Llama, and I am whipping its ass because I want an update to software that I use.

Officer: I see....
                              The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.

Comment

• osmosis
                                Major Dude
                                • Jan 2006

DJ Egg should quit Radionomy and go help DrO. I mean, shit.
                                Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.

Comment

Working...
                                X