Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winamp 5.9 Final Released

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    We might have the full fix for the Milkdrop issue (as outlined in the first post) in time for the next 5.9 build, so if there's some decent newer presets out there, we should probably arrange for them to be included...?

    This forum is for sharing links to MilkDrop presets you've made or found. If you're authoring your own presets, please be sure to read the "Quality Assurance" section of the readme file before distributing your presets.

    Playlist | Twitter | Albums

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
      We might have the full fix for the Milkdrop issue (as outlined in the first post) in time for the next 5.9 build, so if there's some decent newer presets out there, we should probably arrange for them to be included...?
      Well here's the funny part. I get that error all the time in certain presets that hit that alternative version of Winamp when the Milkdrop player is running in random mode and it hits a "bad" one. I haven't gotten that error at all using *that player's presets and textures* either in straight 5.666 (3516) or in 5.9 (9999). So I'm happy to provide a list if you give me a submittal format you want them submitted in.
      Winamp 5.9.1 & Modern Skins: Quinto CT 3.6 & Big Bento (color theme 138 - 1337 | Orange)
      MS Surface Pro 8 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz
      Windows 11 22621.1105. Avatar art by Zohaib Khan

      Comment


      • #63
        Hi folks! McAfee Lifesave detected a virus: Artemis!9A3AAC60F859 and put the .exe in quarantine.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally Posted by elferna View Post
          Hi folks! McAfee Lifesave detected a virus: Artemis!9A3AAC60F859 and put the .exe in quarantine.

          Very likely a false-positive as Windows Defender didn't detect anything.
          Winamp 5.9.1 & Modern Skins: Quinto CT 3.6 & Big Bento (color theme 138 - 1337 | Orange)
          MS Surface Pro 8 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz
          Windows 11 22621.1105. Avatar art by Zohaib Khan

          Comment


          • #65
            Great job! Been using Winamp since 1998 when I saved up enough money to buy my first PC. I noticed a significant sound improvement from v5.6 especially with 24 bit Hi-Res wav files

            Comment


            • #66
              winamp5.9

              Tested on Windows 11!
              Mistakes:

              After a while, citing an error, it stops by itself and closes the program.
              It does not know how to play the HTTPS protocol.
              You cannot play online radio streams with FLAC or FLAC.OGG extension!
              Please fix these if possible!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally Posted by Joy Hits Radio View Post
                After a while, citing an error...
                Did you had a chance to screenshot said error?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Plug-ins

                  Due to the fact that a certain party is complaining on Twitter about the use of his plugins on 5.9, may I make a suggestion for the next version(s) of 5.9?

                  1. The Album Art issue seems to be resolved without using his plugin.

                  2. Can source be found for the NXS Big Clock to bring it up to snuff without using his (very popular) plug-in? Otherwise it works as-is.

                  3. Waveform Seeker - very popular plug-in. Wasn't his based on an older original? Does anyone know if source exists for it so that it can be cleaned up for the next release or so?

                  4. gen_lyricsplugin.dll works very well and isn't his. This is an active project to the best of my knowledge and utilizes an active website to fetch lyrics. Perhaps the owner might be interested in its inclusion? Otherwise I think it should be advertized due to its extreme usefulness, not to mention wanting to encourage the owner to keep it going in light of the new Winamp release and the very likelihood of its continuing into the future.

                  5. Thimeo's Declipper plugin works and lucky us that it still does after all this time! It should be advertized due to its extreme usefulness in playing Shoutcast and other Internet radio to normalize the audio.

                  That leaves one extremely popular plugin, "Jump to File." I wonder if an enterprising coder reading this might not be able to write a plugin that does something similar to alleviate the need to use what I'm led to believe for some folks is an absolute must-have plugin written by the other party.

                  I'm just thinking out loud. I know there are other popular plugins I'm not mentioning. If some of this isn't remotely doable, I understand.
                  Winamp 5.9.1 & Modern Skins: Quinto CT 3.6 & Big Bento (color theme 138 - 1337 | Orange)
                  MS Surface Pro 8 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz
                  Windows 11 22621.1105. Avatar art by Zohaib Khan

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    wasapi plugin still mute on play.. hope this get a fix. thanks

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally Posted by cyberloner View Post
                      wasapi plugin still mute on play.. hope this get a fix. thanks
                      Do you by any chance tried on another PC?, I also had no audio with the WASAPI plugin when I installed the new Winamp version this morning on my work laptop, but for some reason it does work in my home PC.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Winamp Spanish Language Pack v5.9.0.9999 is available.

                        Note: the Winamp-es-us.wlz (5.8 LangPack v1.0) included in "Winamp Language Packs v1.1" causes Winamp to crash.
                        WINAMP EN ESPAƑOL:
                        Spanish Language Pack for Winamp v5.9 | Spanish Language Pack Extended

                        Bento Classified Good Ol' Color Classic Skin | NiwradSoft | Linuxeros.org | Twitter @niwrad

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          GREAT!!
                          and a big thank you - will test next WE!
                          still using v5.666 build 3516 dec 2013

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally Posted by niwrad777 View Post
                            Winamp Spanish Language Pack v5.9.0.9999 is available.

                            Note: the Winamp-es-us.wlz (5.8 LangPack v1.0) included in "Winamp Language Packs v1.1" causes Winamp to crash.

                            Thanks! We'll add that to WLP v1.2. Coming soon.

                            Playlist | Twitter | Albums

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally Posted by Mikey7 View Post
                              Re: Plug-ins

                              Due to the fact that a certain party is complaining on Twitter about the use of his plugins on 5.9, may I make a suggestion for the next version(s) of 5.9?

                              1. The Album Art issue seems to be resolved without using his plugin.

                              2. Can source be found for the NXS Big Clock to bring it up to snuff without using his (very popular) plug-in? Otherwise it works as-is.

                              3. Waveform Seeker - very popular plug-in. Wasn't his based on an older original? Does anyone know if source exists for it so that it can be cleaned up for the next release or so?

                              4. gen_lyricsplugin.dll works very well and isn't his. This is an active project to the best of my knowledge and utilizes an active website to fetch lyrics. Perhaps the owner might be interested in its inclusion? Otherwise I think it should be advertized due to its extreme usefulness, not to mention wanting to encourage the owner to keep it going in light of the new Winamp release and the very likelihood of its continuing into the future.

                              5. Thimeo's Declipper plugin works and lucky us that it still does after all this time! It should be advertized due to its extreme usefulness in playing Shoutcast and other Internet radio to normalize the audio.

                              That leaves one extremely popular plugin, "Jump to File." I wonder if an enterprising coder reading this might not be able to write a plugin that does something similar to alleviate the need to use what I'm led to believe for some folks is an absolute must-have plugin written by the other party.

                              I'm just thinking out loud. I know there are other popular plugins I'm not mentioning. If some of this isn't remotely doable, I understand.

                              We're not "using" any of those plugins.

                              JTFE is not included in the Winamp 5.8 or 5.9 package.

                              Afaik, the Classic Album Art Viewer plug-in (gen_classicart.dll) is our plug-in.
                              It was originally coded by Will Fisher (former team member, pmp_ipod coder, etc), is in our Git Repo, and is part of our SDK.
                              Yes, of course, DrO did make some updates when part of the Winamp team, but I don't know anything else beyond that.

                              With the next update, the old plugin(s) will work again.
                              Users will also have the choice to use our updated version (which is built with VS2019 & doesn't rely on msvcr90.dll).
                              Choice is a wonderful thing.

                              Also bear in mind that I've not used Winamp 5.6.x for ~10 years.

                              I'm not familiar with any of the other plugins you mentioned.
                              Did you mean Waveform Wrapper, or WavPack player?
                              Both of those will work again after the next update.
                              It's always a good thing to maintain backwards compatibility :-)

                              Playlist | Twitter | Albums

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally Posted by cyberloner View Post
                                wasapi plugin still mute on play.. hope this get a fix. thanks

                                One of our devs was able to reproduce this a few days ago.

                                By "still", do you mean as from 5.9? Or was it also like that in 5.8?

                                Playlist | Twitter | Albums

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X