X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by apsoul View Post
    - virustotal returns 7/66
    - forum doesn't use https
    I saw new Winamp released, and rushed. Now that makes me think. On one hand, community got my tiny report quoted above. On other hand maybe it is better not do something at all if I'm not going to do it right. Just some thoughts.

Anyways, I did test this, and it worked as it is intended to work. Installation completed with no errors. Microsoft default antivirus did not detect a positive. As of today, virustotal is down to 6 positives. NOD32 doesn't detect it as positive, that's important.

My platform is a virtual machine. Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, 19044.1826, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0., Intel Core Processor (Skylake, IBRS) 3.60 GHz (2 processors), 5.00 GB RAM, 64-bit OS. Audio driver is the default Windows one. Audio device is ICH9, if I'm not wrong.

Winamp plays MP3 and FLAC files with no issues, as it is intended. Skin changing works, color themes work. Visualization works. Did not encounter any errors. I did test it for a few minutes only, though.

Tried to install it on Windows 7, but the setup did not ran at all. It's due to system lacking latest patches and upgrades. Nothing to worry about, possibly. Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600, 2 x Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3600 Mhz, 4GB RAM, 64 Bit.

Running setup I'm prompted with a warning:
    Winamp Installer
    This version of Windows is no longer supported.
    Winamp 5.9 requires a minimum of Windows 7 SP1 or newer.

Hope that this will help developers at least a tiny bit. Keep up the good work and have a fantastic day today!

Comment

• Thank you for your answer! The only problem is that with .pls there is no Winamp to choose!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ericrose View Post
        Thank you for your answer! The only problem is that with .pls there is no Winamp to choose!

Oh, that's not good :-(

If you've not got a local .pls file, create one by adding some songs to the Winamp playlist
        then use the Manage Playlists button at the bottom to Save Playlist as PLS.
        Then right-click the PLS file in the Windows folder and select "Open with"

If Winamp isn't in the list, select "Choose another app"
        then select Winamp, or browse to winamp.exe

You should also be given an option to "always use"
        but if not, once the PLS is successfully opened with Winamp,
        then Winamp should also appear in the PLS list for Default Apps

Other than that, we'll need to investigate why Winamp isn't automatically appearing there...

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• Guude

Des Entwicklerteam könnt ja theoretisch noch ASIO-Support hinzufügen sowie e Möglichkeit, den RAM net allzuviel zu beanspruch'n

Comment

• Originally Posted by Metal-Tom View Post
            Guude

Des Entwicklerteam könnt ja theoretisch noch ASIO-Support hinzufügen sowie e Möglichkeit, den RAM net allzuviel zu beanspruch'n

the forum language is English , if you can't write that --> http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=172
            latest version of Winamp
            DSP Plug V2.41
            Language Packs

Comment

• Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
              Ok, it's been added to the list of Known Bugs.

I can't promise it will be fixed for 5.9.0 Final
              but hopefully for 5.9.1

For now, you should switch to DirectSound Output in Winamp => Prefs => Output

Or if you badly need WASAPI Output, then there's a few 3rd-party plugins out there...

I don't know which is best, or if any of them work (maybe someone else here can recommend one?)
              The only one from the list that works is 'Maiko' (http://www.mywinamp.com/winamp-wasapi-plugin/), but it only has the 'push' option in exclusive mode. 'not-so-yasapi' does not load, and the 'adionsoft' does not work.

http://www.mywinamp.com/winamp-wasapi-plugin/ is the only WASPI alternative that works in 5.9 RC1

Comment

• I didn't want to include this in the Bug Reports thread because it's been an issue (I believe) ever since the Media Library plugin was included in Winamp all those years ago. I do know this issue has been addressed in that alternative version of Winamp...

In the playlist window, "Items" and "Time" won't retain either their column size or position. I have noted that you have fixed the column sizes and positions in the "Audio" (normally tri-window) section. Might it be possible to finally address the playlist issue in some future release of 5.9? Thanks!

EDIT: I should mention I've looked for this in published bug lists for all versions and have never found it. Feature not a bug?
                Last edited by Mikey7; 31 July 2022, 22:09.
                Winamp 5.9.1 & Modern Skins: Quinto CT 3.6 & Big Bento (color theme 138 - 1337 | Orange)
                MS Surface Pro 8 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz
                Windows 11 22621.1105. Avatar art by Zohaib Khan

Comment

• Sorry for so many comments - has anyone gotten the "not-so-yasapi" (or the not-so-ASIO) plugin working with the manifest hack? Are there any technical/failure call outs if one uses the manifest hack instead of waiting for RC2? Thanks again.
                  Last edited by Mikey7; 31 July 2022, 23:39.
                  Winamp 5.9.1 & Modern Skins: Quinto CT 3.6 & Big Bento (color theme 138 - 1337 | Orange)

Comment

• As one important flaw of playlist view I see the lack of all relevant columns ('Year' and 'Genre' especially) beside 'Title' and 'Time', so users can see those data and eventually sort playlist accordingly.
                    Also, I suggest that the active (playing) item in playlist should be automatically found and highlighted in Media library view, so all of the time the user can see all the relevant data of the actually playing song in Media Library view.

Comment

• AV False-positive updates

alac.w5s now reported as clean

Avira now reports the Winamp 5.9 installer as clean (see attached screenshot)

Download URL now certified 100% clean

Just waiting to hear back from McAfee...

Apparently, McAfee refers to any "unknown" detection as Artemis
                      McAfee support, McAfee home support, McAfee customer service, internet security, antivirus, software, virus, malware, antispyware, cloud security, encryption, dark web scanning, online protection, cybersecurity, staying safe online.

In our case, it's "unknown" because it's a false-positive and therefore doesn't exist.

UPDATE [6th Aug]

McAfee now says we're clean

Just one false-positive remains (VBA32)

Comment

• Winamp Language Packs v1.2

Changes from v1.1
                        - Updated Spanish lang pack
                        - Removed Polish lang pack (Pawel will be providing a separate installer)
                        - Installer/Uninstaller fixes

First post has been updated accordingly

Comment

• Originally Posted by ECraig View Post
                          As one important flaw of playlist view I see the lack of all relevant columns ('Year' and 'Genre' especially) beside 'Title' and 'Time', so users can see those data and eventually sort playlist accordingly.
                          Also, I suggest that the active (playing) item in playlist should be automatically found and highlighted in Media library view, so all of the time the user can see all the relevant data of the actually playing song in Media Library view.
                          For those of us who use dynamic playlists, the possibilities for Playlist column entries are endless but this one is a particularly good suggestion.

Comment

• Workaround to low/weak/unboost volume level.

@DJ Egg:

Thank you for this new version that came after years.

My favorite changing in v5.8 was that all DLL files in the root directory were moved to \Shared folder. Thus, the directory and files structure became tidy.

I'm looking forward to the native OPUS (in_opus.dll file) support in the next version.

About a known issue:

No matter how much the sound level was increased in v5.8, the boost of the audio was lackluster. (There was a solution to this.)

I tried v5.9 today. I selected the WASAPI Output. In audio playback, the volume level has noticeably decreased. Same issue, like v5.8.

Re-produce steps:
                            1) Select to "Nullsoft WASAPI Output" from Preference -> Plugins -> Output.
                            2) Play any an audio.
                            3) Select to "Nullsoft DirectSound" from Preference -> Plugins -> Output.
                            4) Play any an audio.
                            Result: Lower, weak volume.

Workaround to this known issue: (Mentioned in here and here and here.)

Run in CMD (as an Administrator):

(For v5.9 RC1)
                            REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore\1bebab34_0\{219ED5A0-9CBF-4F3A-B927-37C9E5C5F14F}" /F
                            (For v5.8)
                            REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore\e86b38d3_0\{219ED5A0-9CBF-4F3A-B927-37C9E5C5F14F}" /F
                            Caution: Make sure that "Nullsoft WASAPI" is not selected. Even if you accidentally select WASAPI and then select DirectSound again, the sound level will continue to be low. Until the inputs in the registry are deleted.

P.S.: The entry codes in Registry may vary according to each system config. Personally, I act recklessly and delete all of them.
                            REG.EXE DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig" /F

Comment

• Thanks! Us old guys never truly go away...

It was installed over the previous version. I've got a test machine I'm going to do a fresh build on soon. Rolled back to the previous version on my main computer. I can't go without my music for too long, after all.

Comment

• Yes, sorry. I wrote faster than I could think.

I was installed over the previous version and I was trying to "Enqueue selection".

I did roll back to the previous version, but will be installing the RC on a test VM later.

Comment

Working...
                                X