Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Pro. How do i burn to Mp3?!?

Gday peoples!

i have upgraded to pro primaraly for the advantage of burning a c.d in mp3 format. how do i change the burning format from the default to mp3? I've looked at all options, all forums to no avail. Please email me at [email protected] it would be greatly appreciated.

You cannot burn data discs with with Winamp. Use what ever CD burning software you have. You can use the gen_yar plugin to move the playlist to a folder for easy access when you do want to burn an MP3 disc.

Note: I will also send an email.
    Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
    Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.

Comment

The new Winamp Player offers the best of everything, bringing your streaming services, podcasts, radio stations, audio books and downloads together. Enjoy all your music in one place, and customize your listening experience with the legendary Winamp Player.

Scroll down to the "Here's what you get when you buy Pro" section on that page...

There's nowhere where it says you can burn to mp3 with Winamp Pro.
      It says you can rip to MP3,
      ie. convert the audio on Audio CD's into mp3 files.

Winamp can only burn Audio CD's, not data/iso/mp3 CD's.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

I have used Deep Burner , Free for such files. I know that it works with Data files, but I never used it to burn to .mp3s.

Comment

burning mp3 disc's, this would be a great and useful feature!

Comment

I guess that I am feeling a little deceived at this point. I really see no advantage to plunking down the $20 for the Pro if it can't do a simple MP3 CD burn.

Comment

Miklaing - then don't. If that's the only feature you need, then find something that does just that (like windows). I'm not sure why you feel deceived, either; it doesn't say anywhere that you can.

Comment

Unfortunately I already did. I wonder why such a robust tool is unable to perform such a seemingly simple task? This function should be a gimme. I guess my mistake was reading rip=burn. I really don't see much value in what I paid for.

And by the way, thanks for nothing Jeremiah. Way to be a mouthpiece for the company.

Comment

Read under "Pro Requests" in the first post in this thread. You have no reason to be angry.
                  The Winamp.INI File for Dummies
                  Tips and Tricks for MSVCRT.dll Errors

Comment

"A mouthpiece for the company"? Where do you get that from? I'm just a member of the forums. And "Thanks for nothing"? I gave you a suggestion, use Windows XP's built-in burning functions, it can quite easily burn some mp3s to a data cd.

Comment

Originally posted by jerimiah40
                      "A mouthpiece for the company"? Where do you get that from? I'm just a member of the forums. And "Thanks for nothing"? I gave you a suggestion, use Windows XP's built-in burning functions, it can quite easily burn some mp3s to a data cd.
                      Yes but it would be so much nicer if it was there, specially with 29,000 songs. Burning from the playlist or Media Library would be such a plus.

Comment

I think there's some confusion here. You can burn an audio CD from the media library, but you can't just burn mp3s to a cd as data (what the original poster wanted to do).

Comment

Originally posted by jerimiah40
                          I think there's some confusion here. You can burn an audio CD from the media library, but you can't just burn mp3s to a cd as data (what the original poster wanted to do).
                          No confusion, it's okay though. I just want to burn data cds. Thanks though, someone pointed out that I can drag the playlists into nero express and burn as data from there. It will be a good temporary fix.

Comment

I also bought the Pro version and just assumed that burning a data/MP3 disk would be a no-brainer/gimme feature. After sorting through a few hundred songs and trying to burn the resulting playlist, I'm kinda pissed. There ought to at least be a (built-in) way to export a playlist to a folder of files. I'll try that "gen_yar" plugin and hope it works...

Comment

What's the advantage of buring music files as mp3 on a disc anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X