Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ATF in Playlist

I use WinAmp 5.666. New to it. Only had it for a 2 weeks

I've been trying to change the format of how Playlist format my songs. I want the title to be first and I dont want the artist name to appear before the title, but everytime I try to change the ATF it doesnt work. it doesnt change at all. No matter what I change it to nothing changes.

Basically I want 1) Title 2) Artist 3) Album 4) Genre.
    Is this correct?
    [ - %title%][%artist%][ - %album%][ - %genre%]

Please help

Well, the brackets around each tag mean do not show anything if the tag does not exist in the file. Are you sure the files have those tags? Open the files in the <Alt+3> tag editor.

Also check the General Preferences - Media Library - Local Library - Options tab. Make sure the "Use Library title information for Playlist Item Formatting" option is not checked.

Also use the Winamp Info Tool (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932) to make an extended report of your configuration and use the advanced reply editor to attach it to a post. That makes it easy to see if you have all the required components installed.
    Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v3.9 skin
    Windows 11 Home 64-bit v22H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

I have the same problem. No matter what I put in the ATF, the playlists are formatted Artist - Title. All I want to see is the title.

I have disabled Internet access, because I don't want the Internet meddling with my songs. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Comment

Attach a copy of your extended info report.

Comment

that first screenshot is from a library playlist which won't show the new ATF string unless you do a forced refresh of the playlist (the 'rebuild titles on selection' option from the 'misc' button).

i'd suspect it's the same thing for Lou Sander, though clarification would be needed. as there should also be a prompt to refresh the playlist (which is the contents of the main playlist editor when the ATF is changed - but that does not have any effect on library playlists).

and for Lou Sander's benefit, there are no internet based title lookups going on so disabling that option has no effect in this case.
          WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

DrO is probably right.

The 'new' titles should appear when you actually play a song. But if you want to see the 'new' titles on all the songs in a playlist before you play them, the playlist needs to be refreshed. <Ctrl+A> is the fastest way to select all the songs in a playlist, then <Ctrl+Alt+E> (same as clicking the 'misc' command DrO is talking about) will start the refresh. Wait until Winamp has time to go thru the complete playlist. It will take several seconds for a long playlist.

@DrO,
            They probably want to re-save the playlists with the new titles. This can get a little tricky depending on whether the playlists are saved as library playlists or external playlists. All my playlists are external and the "Save" button on the library playlist views is disabled. What is the recommended way to re-save library and external playlists? What I'm doing is probably not the most efficient way.

Comment

as long as a change is detected in the library views, such as from running the rebuild title option then the save option should be enabled - which is happening be it a Winamp managed or an external / original playlist (as i'm not aware of having to fix that functionality with the internal build).

though am thinking it'd make more sense to alter that menu item to just be 'rebuild titles' and dropping the selection part (for both the main playlist and also the library playlists) so if there's no selection then it'll work on the whole playlist (which should make things somewhat easier to update than what is currently possible).

am also thinking the overall ATF title changing should work on the library playlists as well as the main playlist contents - which is probably better handled as options on the prefs page to avoid complicating the messagebox prompt.

Comment

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
                am also thinking the overall ATF title changing should work on the library playlists as well as the main playlist contents ...
                The titles refresh already works for playlists listed in the library playlists views, if we're talking about the same thing.

I have noticed in the library playlists views, that the sort by title command doesn't work correctly after doing a refresh. The playlist is split into 2 unequal parts (within the overall list) and each part is then sorted correctly. The entire list is sorted correctly when this is done in the playlist editor.

Comment

for the refresh thing, i meant having it done automatically across all playlists known to Winamp rather than just the main playlist editor. as a manual refresh works fine, is just i think it's the disparity between the two which is causing the issue here.

so that's why i've already made the change for the 'rebuild titles' action (as i've renamed the main playlist menu action to match to the library playlist way) will now work on the selection or if there's no selection, it'll work on the whole playlist (which then better matches other selection vs no selection handling in the library views).

will have to look into the sorting issue later on.

Comment

so that's why i've already made the change for the 'rebuild titles' action (as i've renamed the main playlist menu action to match to the library playlist way) will now work on the selection or if there's no selection, it'll work on the whole playlist (which then better matches other selection vs no selection handling in the library views). ...
                    Sounds good. That misc command is called "Read extended info on selection" in the version we have, btw (maybe your internal build has a different name). 'Rebuild titles' is more descriptive of what's being done.

Comment

the internal build now uses that value instead of what went before.

Comment

Excuse my clumsiness...I haven't quite figured out all the nuances of this forum.

Wow! What a plethora of responses.

Aminifu - The CTRL+A then CTRL+ALT+E worked for me. It changed the Artist - Title display to the Title Only that I had set as my desired format.

Dr. O - My Misc button did NOT show the options mentioned. I'm new to Winamp, so maybe I'm looking at the wrong Misc button. Mine is at the bottom of the display in the upper right hand corner.

Now I want to alphabetize by title, but I'll probably find the answer here.

Comment

it can depend on the skin being used as to what the 'misc' button options provide.

based on your description, it sounds like you're using one of the bento skins (especially based on the 'in the upper right hand corner' comment).

as such, that is the main playlist editor and i think you're seeing a known bug with the cache update and doing the steps you have is the known workaround to resolve it until a new Winamp client is made available.

Originally Posted by Lou Sander View Post
                          Now I want to alphabetize by title, but I'll probably find the answer here.
                          there's an option on the misc -> sort menu

[edit]
                          muwhahaha, i've beaten Aminifu again

Comment

Hi Lou Sander,

What skin are you using? The playlist sorting commands are also on the Playlist Editor's "Misc" button's context menu (bottom left side of the window/panel). The hotkeys (for use when the playlist editor has the focus) are:

<Ctrl+Shift+1> Sort by title
                            <Ctrl+Shift+2> Sort by filename
                            <Ctrl+Shift+3> Sort by path and filename

<Ctrl+R> Reverse list
                            <Ctrl+Shift+R> Randomize list

Comment

Yeah, you beat me again!

... i think you're seeing a known bug with the cache update ...
                              What bug is that?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎