• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennybob
    • Aug 2002

errors on the internet

I have version 2.80

Why doesn't everything else stream like mp3's.

I have a website, that has mp3, mpg, avi, mod, s3m, xm, it, mov and qt filetypes.

None of these stream like mp3's.

But I had a player called AShampoo Media Player+ that did it all. The only problem with it was that the player wasn't as confiurable as this one.

I also downloaded the DivXMovie plugin. This only works if you have the files locally.

Is there any plugin here that will work?

Explain....
    Put the links in the M3U files. The browser dienloads the M3U and opens winamp. Winamp starts streaming the file.

Comment

• kennybob
      • Aug 2002

supposed to but doesn't

downloaded the m3u just fine with the link inside. Then winamp takes over and opens the m3u file, but then it tries to connect to the server and gives the error for mods, s3m, etc.

-----------------------------
      Retrieving MOD-type file

<fully qualifies web address>

HTTP 1.0/OK 200
      Connection closed
      -----------------------------

This box that comes up is, I believe, a WinAmp box. It scrolls way to fast because in the area that says at the end Connection Closed, it says at one time "Reading HTTP response" and some other ones but I can't read them or catch them.

After this box closes it still doesn't play the files

The mpgs,avis,etc files do not play at all. Even though the files played fine with AMP+ even though skipping.

Comment

• kennybob
        • Aug 2002

AVI and Mpg's finally work. As to mpeg files (which are the same) Had to download VidAmp 1.0

Still not working: mod, s3m, xm, it, mov, qt

Comment

• DJEgg
          Spectral Techorator
          • Jun 2000

Any chance of url's for these module files (mod, xm, it, s3m) so we can check ourselves to see if we can get them to stream ok or not?

You might also want to try installing wa2update.
          This patch includes all the latest versions of Peter's plugins
          (in_mod, in_wave, in_ogg, in_midi, out_wave, out_ds, out_disk)

Or select which individual plugins you want to update (in_mod.dll recommended)

btw, does Vidamp plugin provide the support for QT & MOV Quicktime formats?
          What version# of QuickTime is installed?
          What's your Windows OS, Connection type/speed (behind any firewall or using a proxy?), browser & version, soundcard details?
          Please also provide a full list of all extra 3rd-party plugins you've installed
          (input, output, dsp & general purpose)

A full list of video / movie input plugins:
          Howzit....Whatzit...what tha...? How to tune up, and keep your Winamp player humming along. Search this Forum to find others who have driven down your road and have advice and tips to help you out.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• kennybob
            • Aug 2002

Any chance of url's for these module files (mod, xm, it, s3m) so we can check ourselves to see if we can get them to stream ok or not?

Guess I'll have to. Did not want alot of bandwidth wasted. But oh well here it is:
            My Media Page

You might also want to try installing wa2update.
            This patch includes all the latest versions of Peter's plugins
            (in_mod, in_wave, in_ogg, in_midi, out_wave, out_ds, out_disk)

Did the update, no change.

btw, does Vidamp plugin provide the support for QT & MOV Quicktime formats?

Yes it does. v1.0.

What version# of QuickTime is installed?

Quicktime v5.0.2

What's your Windows OS, : Windows 2000 Pro
            Connection type/speed Cable Modem AT&T 1500 up/256 down
            (behind any firewall or using a proxy?), Yes behin Tiny Personal Firewall. Not a problem. Disabled it for a time to check out if that was the problem. Still didn't work, same errors

browser & version, IE 6

soundcard details? Creative AWE 64

Please also provide a full list of all extra 3rd-party plugins you've installed

(input, output, dsp & general purpose)

Comment

• kennybob
              • Aug 2002

WinAmp3

Well I thought I'd give it a whirl!

Nope it doesn't work on mov's or qt's, but the mod sort of worked, but played a normally 2:54 minute mod in 5 seconds (it actually seemed like it downloaded it 10 times at different spots in the song, and played those different parts as the start. So it was like it just skipped along. Its weird cause the file is only, 194k.

xm's don't work, just like the mod's it connects like 10 times, but doesn't play a thing.

same with s3m's, and it's

like you would think, avi's, and mpg's work perfectly.

Comment

• DJEgg
                Spectral Techorator
                • Jun 2000

Okay, I'm going to hazard a guess here, but I don't think Winamp supports dynamic php linking. I couldn't get any streams to work in Winamp from your site (mod, mp3, nada). I just got the same error messages as yours above (mp3's give "error synching to mpeg" message)

What's the actual url for the dir's/files?
                eg. instead of:
                http://kandm.dyndns.org/media/andromeda.php?q=m&m=/Music/Mods/_My+Favorites/Dreaming+Of+Foreign+Skys.s3m
                It would be something like:
                http://kandm.dyndns.org/Music/Mods/_My+Favorites/Dreaming+Of+Foreign+Skys.s3m

I think you'll need to create a simple .m3u playlist listing each file as a direct url (no php linking) on a separate line for Winamp to stream these files properly.

...unless someone else can shed any further light on this?

Comment

• kennybob
                  • Aug 2002

php

What the andromeda php script does is just that. It downloads a playlist.m3u with that line in it. Like

Your WinAmp converts the %20 to spaces. Its an option.

here is an example:

What Andromeda download is playlist.m3u containing

What WinAmp interprets this as (copied from Winamp.m3u in winamp directory.)

#EXTM3U
                  #EXTINF:0,//kandm.dyndns.org/media/Other Video/Poi/snowpoi

Last edited by kennybob; 9 August 2002, 15:52.

Comment

• Winsane
                    Moderator Alumni
                    • Jun 2000

Just thought I'd point out that streaming mod, it, xm, s3m, and other mod-type files shouldn't really be possible, because of the way they work. You need to download the entire file, both patterns and samples/instruments, before you can play it. You simply can't start playing it as it's downloading, because data at the end of the file is quite likely used during the beginning of the song.

But with that said, I'm afraid I don't know exactly why Winamp doesn't simply download each entire mod file in your playlists, and then play them. Perhaps the wise and mighty PP can shed some more light on this subject?

Comment

• kennybob
                      • Aug 2002

Thanks Winsane. That bit about how winamp has to download the entire file before it can play it make sense. But the thing is my other media player worked, in that aspect. Yeah it doesn't stram but it does download the file and play it, unlike winamp, which goes spaz.

Most mods and the like aren't really that huge unless you get into s3m and xm's.

But even then they aren't that huge, less then a few meg.

Comment

• DJEgg
                        Spectral Techorator
                        • Jun 2000

Hmm, yes, makes sense!

I've always used ModPlug Plugin for streaming modules.
                        It's just a browser plugin, but like Winsane (hi) says, it does need to download the entire file first before playing it, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a browser plugin in the first place, lol
                        The main benefit is so you can quickly give the mod a preview before deciding if you want to keep it or not (then if so, just copy it from "temporary internet files" to permanent location on HD)

Still doesn't explain why I can't get anything from your site to stream in Winamp, even MP3's.
                        It doesn't look as though the php call to open an m3u playlist is getting through.

In this example, (assuming this is the direct link to the mp3) I get "HTTP 1.0 404 Not Found" error when trying to open the file via Winamp's "Open Location" box:

Are the dir's case sensitive by any chance?

What's the direct url link to the .m3u playlist?

Anyway, sorry to say, but I ain't really sure . . .
                        Good luck!

[edit]
                        btw, have you tried checkmarking: Streaming -> "prompt to save to disk" in:
                        Prefs -> Input -> Nullsoft Module Decoder (in_mod.dll) -> config -> General tab
                        ?

This works ok for mods @ www.modarchive.com & www.modplug.com etc, but still no joy with your site.
                        Then again, the files at modarchive.com stream just fine in winamp regardless of that setting, but these are direct url links to the actual modules, no php involved.

Comment

• kennybob
                          • Aug 2002

DJEgg

HiDee Hi. Seems like you really want that file, so try this.

The direct link is just like you got, except that it doesn't have "+" symbols and you are missing the spaces.

Go to my web page kandm.dyndns.org, traverse my menu system.

Go to Our Family => Ken => Free Software => My Programs

Look all the way at the bottom of that page for a hyperlink that say

Sample Direct Mp3

See if that works for you.

If it does, then great. If not, then there are serious problems with my web page.

Thanks

p.s. There is no direct link to a m3u playlist. its created on the fly when you press the little arror thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X