No announcement yet.

Make Winamp Dockable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh, i think you guys need play aroung with winamp alittle more... the option IS there to dock the main window bar to the top or bottom of your srceen...
    1) enter windowshade mode to convert main window to bar
    2) right click >> windows setting >> docked toolbars >> select always ontop & docked to top...

Comment

Originally posted by llldblll
      eh, i think you guys need play aroung with winamp alittle more... the option IS there to dock the main window bar to the top or bottom of your srceen...
      2) right click >> windows setting >> docked toolbars >> select always ontop & docked to top...
      er, have you tried it one a Classic skin? the docking option is only available for Modern skins which have been designed to use the feature whereas for the classic skins there is no native support.

EdgeOfEpsilon: hehe

-daz
      WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

theres a difference between what you are saying and what they are wanting...read *********'s posts

Comment

so this plugin you're working on will give us docking in classic skins? you'd be my hero, dr o.

also, unrelated: i thought you had built a "delete to recycling bin" option into your playlist file remover... but even when i select "enable delete file option in playlist editor," i can't figure out how to delete to recycling bin instead of immediately...?

Comment

I think you need to see how old the thread is.

Comment

Originally posted by one3rd
              I think you need to see how old the thread is.
              er sorry what? the point was relevant so made sense to revive a thread after a few months of not being used.

----------------------------------------------

ok, here is a very early dev build of gen_appbar. it only deals with the main winamp window and partially holds the winamp window in the correct position with it assuming the winshade size for the appbar at the moment.

there's a fair bit more work to be done to it to hold the winamp window placement better and hopefully expand it to handle the other classic windows (playlist, eq, ml, video)

NOTE: this is an EARLY ALPHA RELEASE to prove it is coming along

-daz
              Attached Files

Comment

intersting affect...a big black box takes up an inch on the top of my screen.

looking forward to beta...good alpha tho

you are the best winamp plugin creator out there kutgw

[edit]main window works really well tho[/edit]

Comment

that's good, at least it didn't bring winamp and your machine to it's knees (did initially when i was getting the main code in place, hehe)

i'm going to push through with this one since now i've got a basic mode i want MORE (well for the main window to be correctly dealt with at least)

-daz

Comment

It may be just my problem to feel inconvenient with docking.

The Resolution of My desktop is 1280*1024.
                    After docking winamp, it's uneasy to click buttons located at the top left of the screen.

What about you?
                    Except for this one, docking is a damm good idea.

If it's possible not to stretch horizontally when docking winamp, it'll be more useful.

Comment

i'm working on it at the moment (as i type) so it will dock the main window at the full size but yes i do agree it's a bit tricky to hit the buttons. the modern skin is better suited for this thing but hey my machine likes classic skins better

-daz

Comment

This was never going to be as easy as natively implementing the feature but here's my latest version of the plugin.
                        1. Docks to all corners (though main window will be limited in later versions)
                        2. Should re-init correctly on most skin changes
                        3. Should re-init when winamp is started (can be a bit dodgy still)
                        4. Integrated menu options like with the Modern skins
                        Note: it's not complete and changes to the taskbar positon and some of the winamp windows are not recognised/dealt with yet (e.g. set playlist to winshade when main window is docked) but it's usable to an extent now

Classic Skin Appbar v0.4.8

-daz

Comment

good stuff, dro.

unfortunately it flips out and does several redraws every time i double click on winshade to expand it. also, strange things happen when expanding and collapsing the playlist...

and i realize this isn't really your problem, but the wincue window, which only docks to the main window, gets thrown about and ends up in the middle of the screen while the main windows stay at the edge.

keep up the good work.

Comment

i realise there are those issues.

with the winshade it needs to remove the appbar, let winamp do what it has to do andn then re-dock the window (i've not found the right way of overriding the messages just yet).

in fact, collapsing any of the other windows will mess with the window position and is all related to the internal docking/painting code so there's some more message handling i need to block/alter.

the wincue thing i think i know why that is (related to above). the whole thing is a major hack and i'm likely to re-do the code again so i control the exact position of the window all of the time and not part of the time.

-daz

Comment

Whilst I hate to say it, WiMP does do it well, (minimising to taskbar with buttons on tab) can/will winamp do this.
                              it makes the whole process sooooo simple

Comment

Plugin Search: toolbar
                                Count with us!
                                Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎